Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Holiday Deals Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: A&A Holiday Deals         Reply with quote

A&A Holiday Specials-

Atop your steed, preparing to charge into the shopping season. We have four deals to support your Christmas. We hope this makes your attack a bit easier!

We will have our Black Prince Friday, Nov 23rd, with 10% off any order on that day and 15% off if you order a #034 Black Prince Sword!

On Keep It Local Saturday, Nov 24th, we invite you to visit the shop any time between 10 to 2. There will be some treats and refreshments. We will also be working on some projects so you can see how your items are crafted in our shop. Any orders placed during your visit allow you to choose your discount for the helmet of chance! Discounts will vary from 10 to 40% off.

Our Cyber Monday, Nov 26th, deal is a free copy of Sword in Hand by Ewart Oakeshott with any order over 250.00 in value placed on the 26th.

Free Sword Drawing-
Last but hardly least is the chance to win our new sword! Any order from today, Nov. 16th to 5 pm on Monday the 26th of November, will have a chance to win the first production model of our new #238 Grunwald Sword. A very elegant Type XIIIb from the later half of the 14th Century. We chose to name the blade after the Battle of Grunwald in 1410, a place and time where this sword may well have been part of the action.

Attachment: 43.02 KB
283P01.jpg

Bryan W.

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Awesome stuff Craig. If I didn't already have orders in place I'd be sure to take advantage of this!
Tim Mathews

PostPosted: Sun 18 Nov, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: 11/24         Reply with quote

Craig,
I will be there Saturday to help out if I can ...
Great Stuff !
Tim

Tim Mathews
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Sun 18 Nov, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Grunwald is a very interesting sword. Is that your first production XIIIb?
J.D. Crawford

(5 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 18 Nov, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: A&A Holiday Deals         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:

Last but hardly least is the chance to win our new sword! Any order from today, Nov. 16th to 5 pm on Monday the 26th of November, will have a chance to win the first production model of our new #238 Grunwald Sword. A very elegant Type XIIIb from the later half of the 14th Century. We chose to name the blade after the Battle of Grunwald in 1410, a place and time where this sword may well have been part of the action.

Craig, can you give us some more details on this new piece? Measurements? Is it based on a particular historical piece?
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Tue 20 Nov, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: A&A Holiday Deals         Reply with quote

J.D. Crawford wrote:
Craig Johnson wrote:

Craig, can you give us some more details on this new piece? Measurements? Is it based on a particular historical piece?

While I haven't seen this particular sword in person I just handled a very similar sword (Same hilt, different blade) made for a friend and it was OUTSTANDING!! The matching dagger was even better than the sword. I'm excited about this one.

Winter is coming
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 20 Nov, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Grunwald Sword         Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Here are some specs of our Grunwald Sword

OL: 36.9”
BL: 30.4”
BW: 1.75”
BP: 4.25”
COP: 18.75”
Wt: 2.46lbs

This should give you a sense of dimension and heft when the sword is in your hand.

This is our first Type XIIIb in a very long while, we may have done something in the type but it was back in the day of line drawn catalogs. Happy The type was not very popular and when we would do one it would hang around for a long time. Now there is a lot more interest in the type, probably due to you guys Happy

The original is said to have been acquired in Eastern Europe and one sees some similar pieces in art of the area. Sadly there is no more context than that for the piece. With the rise in interest for this type of sword we decided to work from that piece and fill it out to what was most likely its new dimensions as the original blade is fairly worn.

Best
Craig

Attachment: 45.69 KB
238GrSwd.jpg

J.D. Crawford

(5 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 21 Nov, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Grunwald Sword         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:

This is our first Type XIIIb in a very long while, we may have done something in the type but it was back in the day of line drawn catalogs. Happy The type was not very popular and when we would do one it would hang around for a long time. Now there is a lot more interest in the type, probably due to you guys Happy

That's a very nice piece Craig. It seems like XIIIb's fell either intto this smaller slimmer category or the bigger wider type. I expect it packs a lot of punch for its size with that parallel blade and short fuller. For anyone who usually prefers longer-fuller swords (X-XII) I reccomend considering this blade type - it makes for some nice contrast in a display and can be very eye-catching in the right light.
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 22 Nov, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Happy Thanks giving My Friends         Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving to all !

We appreciate all of our customers and those who like what we do. The world of medieval replicas and those who use them is a great place to be. We hope all of you enjoy sometime with those you love. We are truly thankful for you and hope that the next year is full of joy and success for all!
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Someone please update us on all of the cool things you see at A&A on Saturday for the Keep it Local Sale. Wish I could make it.
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Someday I'm going to have to get a house sold and stop spending every penny I have on bicycle equipment...maybe anyway!

New sword looks neat and I hope the sale went well!

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Sat 24 Nov, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Someday I'm going to have to get a house sold and stop spending every penny I have on bicycle equipment...maybe anyway!

New sword looks neat and I hope the sale went well!

Tell me about it Joe. Maybe if I quite riding and breaking parts I might be able to afford a new sword or two. What we get for having expensive hobbies I guess. Road or mountain?

Having a soft spot for XIIIbs I really like the looks of this one. I like how the sword as a whole comes together Craig. Keep up the great work!

Chris Landwehr 10/10/49-1/1/09 My Mom

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Holiday Deals
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic