Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Crusader Monk: ATrim 1326 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 11 Oct, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Crusader Monk: ATrim 1326         Reply with quote

The ATrim 1326 is one of my favorite swords of all time. It's always a pleasure to see one come though my shop. Words cannot easily describe what a joy the 1326 is in the hand, this sword is an absolute cutting monster and a great example of what a bastard sword should be like.

This sword was given a poplar scabbard core, which was given three risers to match those on the blade. The cover was done in a deep black dye, and given a waxed finish.

A simple frog made from tooling leather was added so that the sword may be worn with an existing sword belt - the short blade length and weight of the 1326 lends itself well to be carried this way. The frog is laced with black latigo lace.

The chape with finial is made from mild steel with a satin finish.

The hardware on this particular sword was badly tarnished when it arrived. I spent a few hours cleaning it up to it's factory state. The blade and grip were in great shape, so nothing was needed as far as they were concerned. However, I did do one little trick of mine to give this Atrim a really nice looking peen. Happy

This great little bastard sword is now ready to be worn out and about to get time in the field! Happy

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
William Swiger

Reading list: 9 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice work on the total package. Not too many of that type in production I know of.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Crusader Monk: ATrim 1326
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic