Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion maestro line question Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Martin Buckley

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Albion maestro line question         Reply with quote

Just came across an old thread on the forum (from 2005 I think) and two swords from Albions maestro line really intreaged me. The first being the CAPOFERRO and the other the ANGELO. They were of particular interest as I'm a big rapier fan and have long admired the work of the cutters at Albion, and am always a little saddened that their work does not extend as late as the 17th and 18th centuries.

I guess my question is simple, does anyone know/have any information on these sword? Their status doesn't seem to have altered this past seven years (Available for advanced reservation) so are these swords still in the works?

All the best
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Albion maestro line question         Reply with quote

Martin Buckley wrote:
Just came across an old thread on the forum (from 2005 I think) and two swords from Albions maestro line really intreaged me. The first being the CAPOFERRO and the other the ANGELO. They were of particular interest as I'm a big rapier fan and have long admired the work of the cutters at Albion, and am always a little saddened that their work does not extend as late as the 17th and 18th centuries.

I guess my question is simple, does anyone know/have any information on these sword? Their status doesn't seem to have altered this past seven years (Available for advanced reservation) so are these swords still in the works?

All the best

The swords in question are still in development, but are much closer now. The Capoferro blade design is in programming now (it may take a few tries to get it perfected). The Angelo is a little further out. The Marozzo was the first step toward later period practice swords (now in the casting process).

Peter is trying to develop a NextGen corollary to each of the later practice swords at the same time, which is part of the reason they are taking so long, as well as developing the in-house techniques for efficiently assembling complex hilts.

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Martin Buckley

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Albion question         Reply with quote

Thankyou Howard, answered all my questions. Very exciting times at Albion it seems

Martin

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion maestro line question
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic