Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion Lancaster - wow! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chip F.

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Albion Lancaster - wow!         Reply with quote

Hey all,

I recently acquired an Albion Lancaster type XV from a forum member, Edward Hitchens (shout out to Ted for an awesome deal, thank you).

After having the sword all summer I regret to say that I have not yet been able to use it for test cutting. Once I do, I would like to write and publish a full review of the weapon, as there are yet none in the review section of this site and I really think this is an underrated Albion model.

I have been able to dry handle the blade quite a bit. It's very nimble, with quick recovery and excellent point control. This is a weapon that can be manipulated with fluidity and ease. I own several other swords - a windlass saber, a few by strongblade - with absolutely no disrespect to those companies, this sword is in a class of its own. The construction is extremely solid and the design is as beautiful as it is functional.

So this is just a thank you and shout out to Albion swords - it has been a long time coming and I am honored and privileged to finally own the Albion Lancaster!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I really love the design elements of the Lancaster, but I've never handled one. I suspect it's not dynamically different in a drastic way from Albion's other Type XVs. Were I to be able to collect all the things I'd want, I'd get one.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
J. Nicolaysen

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've always liked the looks of the Lancaster. For a one-handed type XV I doubt you could have done better. I bet it's fast. Congrats, I'll be interested to read more thoughts as you have them.
Chip F.

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan - yes, I imagine that the poitiers is probably the most similar in handling as it has the same blade. I was also considering the Mercenary, Castellan, and Constable for their similar qualities.

J. - It was the model that spoke to me the most Big Grin I love the rounded edges of the crossguard and the taper of the blade. It's very quick and I also imagine it can cut quite capably, though it may be necessary to cut closer to the hilt.
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice. The Lancaster has always appealed to me much more than the Poitiers. The hilt design gives the sword an entirely different character.
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu 24 Sep, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I too really like the looks of the Lancaster - it appears like it could be one of the Castillon/Dordogne Swords. I prefer its pommel and guard over the ones used on the other Albion XV, the Poitiers.

KOA has some very good photos of it - http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=ANS26

If I buy another Albion, the Lancaster is at the top of my list.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion Lancaster - wow!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic