Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Gripping and using a Viking sword Reply to topic
This is a Spotlight Topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next 
Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sat 29 Dec, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

D Wick wrote:
1) Frequently in shield-wall combat the two front ranks are shunted INTO each other, not simply standing passively back; in times like this (such as when a svynfylka charges) the front ranks would have axes, seaxes and swords drawn

Saxes is quite unlikely, considering that to my knowledge Vikings did not have any. Frequent mistake made by many Viking period reenactors (and generally not even using actual saxes, but some antler hilted fantasy knives).
Ken Speed

PostPosted: Sat 29 Dec, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

All,

I've been following this thread and enjoying it immensely and learning a lot. I have to admit that I have never in my life handled a "viking sword" so I don't feel I can speak about them with any credibility. However, I have used an almighty variety of hand tools in my life and I think we can all agree that a sword is, simply, a tool.

I have a problem with the "hammer grip" terminology because one grips different hammers differently and differently depending on what you are doing with the hammer. I don't hold or swing a 22 ounce framing hammer even remotely the same as the 13 ounce hammer I use for finish work. For that matter, I don't hold or swing a hatchet in exactly the same way I do a hammer because in one case I'm hitting something and in the other case I'm cutting something. I see no reason to assume that the vikings didn't grip the sword hatchet style (very close to the end of the grip) to get the wrist action/snap into the swing when it was appropriate to do so and in what is being referred to as the hammer style when that is appropriate. It would seem to me that the wrist/snap would be very desirable when cutting at an unarmored or lightly armored opponent. I would expect that the disk pommel on the new valkerie and Knud would be very well adapted to this grip.

It makes perfect sense to me that more Vikings were armed with axes and spear than swords. They were poor, that's why they were stealing. I can visualize using a shield and axe or a shield and sword but a shield and spear seems brutally clumsy and to be in the front of a shield wall with a spear and shield seems suicidal.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this topic it has been educational.

Ken Speed
Ville Vinje

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeroen Zuiderwijk wrote:
Saxes is quite unlikely, considering that to my knowledge Vikings did not have any. Frequent mistake made by many Viking period reenactors (and generally not even using actual saxes, but some antler hilted fantasy knives).

Although this is not realy topic I have to comment since no one else does.

Here are about 30-40 (give or take) seax finds from sweden, all dated to viking age:

http://mis.historiska.se/mis/sok/resultat_bil...6&page
D Wick

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was actually waiting to return home (I'm en route as we speak, in a cafe with free wireless) to compile a full list of Saex-finds.
But thank you, I was going to list the finds specifically, but yes, there is evidence from the 5th C-onwards for daggers, saexes, etc. according to period. It is one thing that becomes obvious to reenactors and experimental archeologists and historians very early on: daggers, saexes and knives have a distinct (and not assumedly secondary) role on the battlefield.
The average saex has a distinct, rigid stabbing point, something the Romans had demonstrated time and time again works well in the press of a melee.
As for the comment that a spear seems suicidal in a shield-wall; yes, in theory, it does.
Because automatically we think as individuals, and we also think in terms of a vicious direct foe and direct fighting; but in reality (as chess demonstrates neatly) the real threat is diagonal. Most men die from a spear-thrust delivered from a man two steps to the left, aimed at the neck, face or exposed arm-pit as the man himself makes his thrust. When we imagine an enemy charging in close it is easy to imagine the clumsy spear thudding into his shield and the warrior stepping forward and crashing his axe down. In reality, unless his comrades are unspeakably brave and well-organised, they will hang back at the killing distance (a spear thrust's length) as the suicidal maniac steps out of the shieldwall and exposes his left and right flanks. Having done this myself at both Regia shows and my own group's shows, I can assure you that you become the world's largest pincushion.
If a unit of men drive forward in a continous shield-wall and slam home, the spear is abandoned and a saex or knife drawn. Even then, men in the second and third rank can continue jabbing with spears, meaning that the man in their front rank needs to keep his shield high and his head low; hence the reason for sliding a saex below his shield-rim.
This may seem a very formulaic description, but most shield-wall combat falls down to simple formulas. The real 'cut and thrust' of the battle is more a question of your skill, speed, and notably team-work. A well-drilled unit of men will know when their comrade is 'opening up' an enemy, and will instinctively fight together a single unit. Men unaccustomed to fighting together tend to think as individuals, and die as such.
(Please note this is based on reenactment combat experience and interpretations of texts and images; notably the Bayeux Tapestry, the descriptions of battle in the Poem of Maldon etc. and is not offered as historical fact but historical interpretation)

"What possesses a man to take better care of a length of steel than himself?"
Travis C.

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: no seaxes?         Reply with quote

Jeroen Zuiderwijk wrote:
D Wick wrote:
1) Frequently in shield-wall combat the two front ranks are shunted INTO each other, not simply standing passively back; in times like this (such as when a svynfylka charges) the front ranks would have axes, seaxes and swords drawn

So they had swords, but they did not have long knives??? Happy
Ken Speed

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mr. Wick,

You wrote, "As for the comment that a spear seems suicidal in a shield-wall; yes, in theory, it does." That isn't exactly what I said, I said being in the FRONT of a shield wall with a spear and shield seemed suicidal. You go on to say that the spear would be dropped when things get close, so I think we are more in agreement than not.

I have to admit that in a more open fight, I still think that a spear and shield would be clumsy. I'm not trying to badmouth the spear, quite the contrary, I just see the spear as a two handed weapon. When I practiced Aikido, we practiced with bokken and jos; wooden swords and short staffs about 4 ft. long. I really liked the staff, much more than the bokken, but almost all the moves with the staff were executed with both hands. I watched a display of two antagonists fighting with halberds a while ago and I was interested to note that many of their moves were very similar to those I had learned with the short staff.

Neither of us have ever been in a real shield wall and we almost certainly never will. A fact for which we should be immensely grateful. I would think it would be like being a football lineman or being in a rugby scrum with lots of sharp pointy things thrown in. It must have been a hideous way to have to fight.

Best regards,

Ken
Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ville Vinje wrote:
Jeroen Zuiderwijk wrote:

Although this is not realy topic I have to comment since no one else does.

Here are about 30-40 (give or take) seax finds from sweden, all dated to viking age:

http://mis.historiska.se/mis/sok/resultat_bil...6&page

Hmm... I see only 2, and a lot of small (womens) knives. That's 2 more then I remember though, I thought there were only Vendel examples. I stand corrected Happy Still though, not particularly common compared to swords. And also not an excuse to use those antler hilted fantasy knives Wink
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Peter Johnssons illustration in the initial post is the only version of gripping a viking sword that makes sense to me personally. In fact, I find that at the start of a cutting motion, one can hold the sword in the hammer style and "slip the grip" so that the pommel arrives at the grip in Peter's illustration at the point of impact, thereby increasing the power of the cut.
At present I have only two viking swords, the Albion Berserkr and the Hanwei Godfred Viking Sword and the above description works very well for me when either just practicing, or cutting jugs and cardboard.
If I were to maintain a hammer grip all the way through the cutting stroke then the inside edge of the pommel will dig into the heel of my palm causing a not so pleasant sensation.
Although it is not necessary to "slip the grip", one can start and finish in the fashion of grip that Peter illustrates, but when the grip is slipped from hammer style into Peter's illustration at the point of impact, it is very much like the snap of a karate punch or a boxer's jab, which done correctly will cause a much more powerful strike. In that it is not so much as the strength in a strike but the snap of the strike at impact which causes the impact to penetrate further into the point of impact targeted on the opponent.
Something like a golfer's swing, though I am no golfer, I once had this analogy explained to me by a 7th degree Tae Kwon Do master.

SIncerely,

Bob
Gavin Kisebach

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have to agree with D Wick, from what I have seen in the ubiquitous SCA shieldwall it is almost always the spearman to my right that kills me. When I as a shieldmen get the occasional kill it is almost invariably a quick stroke diagonally to a distracted opponent on my right. The chess connection is very astute, an excellent point.

When I do venture out from behind my shield, the strike is usually a quick downward stroke at full extension and then a hasty retreat to the safety of the shield. Using a 34 inch sword [read: stick] this means that a hammer grip would fall short, so I use a relaxed handshake grip to get all of the reach I can.
D Wick

PostPosted: Mon 31 Dec, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ken Speed wrote:
Mr. Wick,

You wrote, "As for the comment that a spear seems suicidal in a shield-wall; yes, in theory, it does." That isn't exactly what I said, I said being in the FRONT of a shield wall with a spear and shield seemed suicidal. You go on to say that the spear would be dropped when things get close, so I think we are more in agreement than not.

I have to admit that in a more open fight, I still think that a spear and shield would be clumsy. I'm not trying to badmouth the spear, quite the contrary, I just see the spear as a two handed weapon. When I practiced Aikido, we practiced with bokken and jos; wooden swords and short staffs about 4 ft. long. I really liked the staff, much more than the bokken, but almost all the moves with the staff were executed with both hands. I watched a display of two antagonists fighting with halberds a while ago and I was interested to note that many of their moves were very similar to those I had learned with the short staff.

Neither of us have ever been in a real shield wall and we almost certainly never will. A fact for which we should be immensely grateful. I would think it would be like being a football lineman or being in a rugby scrum with lots of sharp pointy things thrown in. It must have been a hideous way to have to fight.

Best regards,

Ken

The main point I was making was that the spear is only really dropped when the fighting becomes close- which in a shield-wall would be rarer than one might think. The prevalence of the spear, the dane-axe, and other polearms would suggest a 'deadly stand-off' continued longer than the 'deadly scrum'. Whereas I agree that in some cases, yes the spear is suicidal in the front rank, I would say generally it is the most useful weapon for the majority of the fighting.
Admittedly, I've not been in a real shield-wall, as I'm sure nobody would claim, but I have stood in more reenactment walls than I can remember easily, and the same rules seem to come up time and time again. The major point I would make is that combat is a practical science; evolution of technique based on what works, so I would not be suprised if the same concepts and tactics used today are the closest we will ever guess to the original tactics. The case in point is the similarities between late medieval longsword and some eastern sword arts; there are only a certain number of ways to concievably use a weapon, and the more one attempts new ideas, the more one gathers what is practical and what, simply, isn't.
The spear in question is also one last thing to consider. Spears range in practical size from javelin-like one handed weapons roughly five to seven feet in length with relatively light hafts to weapons twelve feet in length designed to be used in both hands. In the shieldwall I've no doubt there would be two-handed spears packing the third or even second rank, but rarely fighting up front. The 'arming spear' (as my group dubs the one handed spear for ease of identification) is a very different beast to a two-handed spear; it presents slightly less thrusting and parrying power (turning a blow with such an item is difficult) but it is also a far more agile and quickly recovered weapon. As much as I agree that for optimum effect, a spear in two hands has more control, a one-handed spear can provide a lot of manouverability and that nasty, quick 'side swipe'.

And thank you Gavin; the chess pawn analogy is what I use to instruct new spearmen; too many approach the battlefield directly, assuming you kill the man in front of you and push forward into his ranks. More often you kill the man diagonally, and when his shield drops away from the formation your compatriots strike the men now exposed, until a hole is forcibly torn through their shield-wall.
As my first historical combat instructor, Marcus, told me; ''It's not the bugger who you see who kills you; it's the bugger you don't."

Lafayette C Curtis

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ken Speed wrote:

I'd respectfully disagree with that. In single combat, a light spear wielded in one hand combined with a shield held almost edge-on to the enemy (as in Stephen hand's interpretation of single combat with sword and shield) can be a deadly and very effective combination. At least it has been so whenever I used it in controlled free-play against my friends. The key, like in sword-and-shield fighting, is not to use the weapons in a static combination where the shield always defends and the spear always attacks, but to employ them in a dynamic system where you defend and attack simultaneously with both weapons. You might want to look at some traditional African dances to see a somewhat sanitized version of the motions involved in this kind of fighting.

I'm an aikidoka too, and I can testify that the jo (short staff), the bo (long staff), and the yari (Japanese spear, usually wielded two-handed) are all very different from the one-handed spear as far as technique is concerned--so they're not really comparable. Two-handed spear or staff is also a viable single combat system but it's not the only possible way to wield a spear in single combat.

Of course, single combat with spear is quite a different matter from shieldwall fighting too, and I don't think I can add anything to Ye Olde Wick's point-on comments--my experience so far has confirmed his statements, though on a much smaller scale since the number of shieldwall fights I've been involved in can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

This is seriously getting off-topic, though...
Ben C.

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd be hesitant to try to relate too much of what you learn in aikido to how samurai and other Japanese warriors really fought. akido is a relatively modern style based off jujutsu that is more of a art form than a real fighting style. The same can be said about the modern versions of the majority of traditional martial arts but aikido especially suffers from it's creator's (Morihei Ueshiba) forced implementation of his spiritual and philosophical beliefs. I can't say a lot about he weapons training but the grappling side of the art is definitely lacking. I've lived in Japan for 5 years and competed in judo at state level here for 2, and I've still yet to encounter an aikido practitioner who was really capable at grappling.

I'm not trying to put down aikido practitioners in general but based on the impracticability of the grappling techniques, the weapons training too is unlikely to be too similar with what was actually used in battle in previous centuries.
J.D. Crawford

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have just skimmed through this entire thread, and I think a couple of people have already touched on what I believe is the real mystery: since you can use a handshake grip just as well with a more comfortable pommel (for example a wide flat disc), why did the vikings prefer those danged uncomfortable pommels with the straight, squarish edged 'upper guards'?

In particular, why the general switch in style between the viking era and the medieval era? One possibility is that the fashion was influenced by cultural and psychological factors that have nothing to do with functional aspects of swordsmanship. One such factor worth considering has to be the conversion of Northern Europe to Christianity.

Many would agree that the cruciform shape of the later medieval sword was strongly influenced by Christian imagery. Personally, I find a long straight cross to be awkward, but it looks more like a crucifix than a sword with a curved cross, and presumably this was important to the highly religious Christian warrior. But what about the Vikings?

Viking age warriors were not Atheists, they were Pagans. Their pommels may have had some religious imagery we don't know about. Or...what about all those references to Vikings needing to die with their weapon in hand in order to go to Valhalla? If this is true, wouldn't that be a powerful motivation to prefer a grip that would not slip out of your hand? One thing about those wide angular pommels...they feel and look like they would be very hard to loose hold of, no matter how bloody and slippery. Imagine how a Viking would fear dropping his 'ancestral heirloom' into the water in sea battle and then be killed empty handed...only to go straight to Viking hell! (Before dismissing this as trivial nonsense, think of the people who are killing themselves and others in the world right now in order to go to their own version of heaven).

These particular arguments may be nonsense, but I think the general point is harder to dismiss - then, as now, fashion is dictated by both practical and non-practical market factors. To really understand those factors, it may not be enough to understand the fighting techniques of the Viking age warrior; we need to understand his whole world-view.
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

In my own experience with the so called "handshake grip" as illustrated by Peter Johnsson, after having practiced for some time, I have never remotely felt or sensed that I was losing my grip. I've used this grip with my Berserkr to cut through 4 one gallon jugs, set side by side with great success and never did I come close to losing my grip.
I am only speaking for myself, as I am NO sword expert!

Bob
Ken Speed

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ben Condon wrote some fairly critical things about Aikido and this is not the forum to discuss the variations of the martial arts but to say Aikidoka are not grapplers is like saying that tap dancers can't do ballet. Tap dancing isn't ballet and Aikido isn't grappling. Suffice it to say that if an aikido practitioner destroys an attacker's elbow and smashes their head face first into the ground which is literally the first technique in Aikido the attacker is just as destroyed as if a Jujitsu practitioner did it. If the jo techniques of Aikido are "impractical" and they are similar to the techniques I saw the western martial arts practitioners use with the halberd does it not then follow that their techniques were impractical too? I practiced Judo prior to Aikido and I have experienced throws, chokes and joint locks in Aikido that make anything I experienced in Judo seem like child's play.

It is true that there are styles of Aikido some very combative and some much less so. It is also true that Judo and Aikido were both off shoots of Jujitsu that split off about the same time and there seems to be a tension between the practitioners to this day.

Ken Speed
Ken Speed

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

[Lafayette Curtis wrote, "... a light spear wielded in one hand combined with a shield held almost edge-on to the enemy (as in Stephen hand's interpretation of single combat with sword and shield) can be a deadly and very effective combination. "

OK, my point in being here is to have fun and to learn. I have to admit I have a tough time getting my head around the idea of using a spear and a shield especially what I understand the Viking style of spear was which was not, I believe, the light one-handed weapon you are describing. I still think that a six or seven foot long fairly heavy spear (which is what I understand Viking spears to be like) and a 30" diameter round wooden shield to be an ungainly combination. I'm sure it would be for me. I guess the problem is I have to imagine what it would be like, I've never seen it, I've never seen a shield wall reenactment either so I'm trying to visualize and extrapolate from what I have done to get a sense of what it was/is like.

Yes, we are getting off topic in some ways but it relates to how the Vikings fought which relates to how they held their swords and maybe it relates to why the wealthier Vikings had swords (they worked better but were expensive) and the poorer ones had spears. Now there's an interesting question. Expressed in terms understandable today, how much would a Viking have had to pay for a decent sword as opposed to stealing or looting a corpse for one? Hey, you have to get a sword before you can grip it, right?

Best regards,

Ken Speed
D Wick

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ken Speed wrote:
I still think that a six or seven foot long fairly heavy spear (which is what I understand Viking spears to be like) and a 30" diameter round wooden shield to be an ungainly combination. I'm sure it would be for me. I guess the problem is I have to imagine what it would be like, I've never seen it, I've never seen a shield wall reenactment either so I'm trying to visualize and extrapolate from what I have done to get a sense of what it was/is like.

Ken Speed

The first question that springs to mind is; do you have a six foot length of ash, roughly an inch and a half in diameter handy? I know this sounds odd, but in my opinion the best way of communicating concepts and ideas about practical weapon work is to feel the items involved; and a six-foot length of ash doesn't weigh much more with the head end attached.
I think your idea of the spear is right, up until the point where you reckon it to be 'fairly heavy'- this could just be based on the amount of training (I've been trained with weapons from the age of nine, as my battered hands and arms bear testament) but I've never found it excessively cumbersome. The main thing to remember is that you need to visualise these men as a unit; much like an early Hoplite Phalanx.

The Regia website (http://www.regia.org/warfare/spear.htm) has a few images of period spears in art, and the thing to note is that they are always shown (as an artistic convention) as relatively short and relatively light.

The last thing is something I tell men who use the arming spear all the time;
'It is only as long as you want it to be.'
When in close combat, it is possible to shorten the spear beyond half of it's length, leaving the remaining length resting on your shoulder, effectively giving you almost a knife-length to fight with. Alternatively, when fighting in a stand-off, you can hold the spear just past the very butt-end, giving you (wrist strain and...) almost six foot of pure reach. The spear's major advantage is versatility- it can be used in a mix of battle-scenarios, and can double as a ranged weapon when the stakes are low.

Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
Ken Speed wrote:
I still think that a six or seven foot long fairly heavy spear (which is what I understand Viking spears to be like) and a 30" diameter round wooden shield to be an ungainly combination. I'm sure it would be for me. I guess the problem is I have to imagine what it would be like, I've never seen it, I've never seen a shield wall reenactment either so I'm trying to visualize and extrapolate from what I have done to get a sense of what it was/is like.

As D. Wick just said the weight is not that huge unless we are taking of a polearm closer to a halberd or partisan: If held at point of balance the weight is not a great problem and all the options just mentioned are in addition to that.

In many cases a shield can be held in a way ( guige ) that two hands can be used on the spear if one needs a firmer grip that will make the spear harder to parry.

Here is a Topic that might help that drifts into talking about guige and two handed use of spears:
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=9575&start=0

Look at page two one of the last posts has a pic of using the guige and the spear with two hands on the spear.

Also, consider that historically the use of spear and shield is one of those " universal " weapon combinations that one sees used by almost all cultures at almost any period from Greek phalanx to Egyptian warriors to Zulu warriors.

Many of these uses are of the " shieldwall " variety but loose formation and individual combat use of shield and spear
is universal:If it was an ineffective or " suicidal " weapons combination it wouldn't have been so popular.

The skills in use of sword and spear versus twohanded spear may be similar to the differences in techniques comparing sword and shield and twohanded sword use: Some degree of technique overlap maybe, but one would have to practice both to be effective at both I think !?
( This last, speculation on my part ).

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
D Wick

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

[quote="Jean Thibodeau"]
Quote:
Some degree of technique overlap maybe, but one would have to practice both to be effective at both I think !?
( This last, speculation on my part ).

Absolutely. Ironically a swordsman used to using a shield is usually more effective when using a mace and shield, or axe and shield, than he/she is using a sword without the shield; with nearly all shield combat the most important aspect is the shield itself; how to fight with it, block with it, deflect with it, move around it, and how to strike round one's opponent's shield. Although an axe or mace has different balance and reach than a sword, the principal is fairly similar.
When using a two-handed sword, the distance one stands from the opponent is different, the method of combat is completely different, even the desired build of the combatant is different.

And back on the mainstream topic; similar swords to the 'Viking Period' swords were still prevalent during the 12th-13th centuries (lobed hilts on the Maciejowski bible, also on several grave effigies ((available on request, otherwise I'm not hitting the books other than for my overdue essays)) ) and yet we can also see from the images of the time that maille mittens were also prevalent- how practical is the proposed 'handshake' grip with a maille mitten?
(I would say I adopt neither specified grip per se; rather somewhere between the two- the classic ''hammer grip'' on the hilt but with a distinctly cocked writst, but I'm also a 12th century Norman reenactor, but have previously ranged between 8th-13th century periods).

Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ken Speed wrote:
Yes, we are getting off topic in some ways but it relates to how the Vikings fought which relates to how they held their swords and maybe it relates to why the wealthier Vikings had swords (they worked better but were expensive) and the poorer ones had spears.
Didn't the rich Vikings have swords and spears? I'm not as familiar with Viking grave finds, but in the earlier centuries, even the richests kings had spears buried with them. That would contradict spears being looked at as poor man's weapons.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Gripping and using a Viking sword
Page 9 of 14 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: