Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Thanks from Return To Camelot! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Lloyd Clark

PostPosted: Tue 12 Oct, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks from Return To Camelot!         Reply with quote

We had a truly great weekend and actually made money! (which, as a fundraiser, is the object!).

All of our 30 merchants were very happy and made excellent sales.

Everyone was extremely impressed with the jousting, with a great number of broken lances (none of which are prepped to break) and two unhorsings (unfortunately, me both times- boy was that ground hard!).

Our performers had a great time and you haven't lived until you have seen Seelie Court performing with the Gypsy Bellydancers!

We have verbal commitments from about 45 merchants/artists for our Spring show already and we hope to have in the neighborhood of 60 for that show.

As we now have a little money to pay perfomers, we are looking to book a number of celtic music groups from the area, will increase the number and quality of performances of our own Camelot Academy of Performing Arts members (the MEN OF ACTION show as great!),hope to bring in some of our old 'friends' as well, and, of course, will headline the King's Champions, the only Real Jousting Group in the Midwest.

Hans, now that my mind is a bit clearer, yes I know your name, and I hope that your hand is feeling better.

I want to thank the Thistlecroft CELTS, for putting up a simply superb encampment; the Wisconsin Scottish Highland Games Association (I know I got the name wrong) for holding a great games; the Tribe of the Blue Rose for putting up their great Dark Ages encampment, for their performances and support for yours truly during the joust; Chuck Needham for his superb sculptures and helping us out with the Museum tent; and the more than 150 volunteers that made this event possible!

I especially want to thank Jon and Paul (yes, Paul, I do know your name - just was too busy to think clearly this weekend) for running the Albion booth and providing such great information on both Albion's products and historical weaponry in general; Amy, Howie, Eric, Peter, and everyone else from Albion and Swordfest that attended our little faire on Sunday, helped with the sword/armour demo, and who support what we are trying to do with both the village and historical, martial reenactment.

To Bob and Dana, we could not have done it without you and to the ex-Scoobies (now CAPAs) we would not have done it without you. For those of you who missed their "live" steel fights and the Men of Action stage show - you missed A LOT of great entertainment. These people have put a ton of sweat into the last few weeks and it showed!

I also want to thank the 2000 patrons that made our little show such a success and our sincere thanks to everyone that participated, everyone that came and supported our charity, and to everyone that sent such great supporting emails!

Have a great week.

Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
www.historiccamelot.org
www.kingschampions.com

Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
2000 World Jousting Champion
2004 World Jousting Bronze Medalist
Swordmaster
Super Proud Husband and Father!
Matt G. Meekma

PostPosted: Tue 12 Oct, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hmmm.... I have been upgraded from a Scoobie (whatever that is) To a CAPA?

What ever.

All i Know is that I had a BLAST this weekend and it was REALLY REALLY difficult to go back to my Mundane job today. All I know is that i can not wait for June to arrive. My boss might not like the thought of me taking two weeks vacation in the middle of our Busy season but tough for him. I am taking a Trip to Dragon's Lair in Canada and then our second Camelot event when i get back.

It Feels really good to have been a part of this event. I only wish that i could have gotten around to more of the vendors when i had a few free moments. That and missed most of the albion Crew and SwordFest attendees. ( Steve if you can, could you get me a copy of the pic that Lynn took of our little weapons stump please. Every time i looked at it it made me laugh.) Was a little too busy putting Lloyds armour back together so that Shane could blow it all apart again LOL!

ACK! Can't believe that June is Still more than eight months away.

Beer is God's way of saying He wants Us to be Happy. - Ben Franklin
Nicole Thalacker

PostPosted: Fri 15 Oct, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow!!
Thank you Lloyd and Lisa for the opportunity to get in on the ground level of such a wonderful dream. Jason and I are truely honored to be your "Men of Action".

Talk about a great time! I can't believe how quickly Harvest Faire came and went. There was so much going on, I ( like Matt ) only wish that I had more time to visit some more of the vendors. To those of you who couldn't make it, we hope to see you in June.

Speaking of June...it is going to be a great month.... If only it wasn't so far away!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Thanks from Return To Camelot!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic