Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Some Erik Stevenson Goodness Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Björn Hellqvist
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear that you must withdraw from the business. Your work is among the very best I've seen, and we're all the poorer without more of it. Injuries has stopped many promising careers; heck, Patrick had a promising career as a living pell when a sports injury put an end to it. Wink
My sword site
Erik Stevenson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 12 Oct, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: no offense         Reply with quote

No offense at all Russ, I just hadn't made any public announcements about my intensions or reasons, so I figured this was a good time to do it so people could read about it directly from me rather than only having second hand information. I figure I owe people in the market at least some explanation. I figured I would make an official post about it once all the orders in my backlog are filled, but this post anticipates that a bit so it wont be as big of a surprise.

Cheers, thanks for the kind words Björn
Erik
Jeremiah Swanger

PostPosted: Tue 12 Oct, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: no offense         Reply with quote

Erik Stevenson wrote:
No offense at all Russ, I just hadn't made any public announcements about my intensions or reasons, so I figured this was a good time to do it so people could read about it directly from me rather than only having second hand information. I figure I owe people in the market at least some explanation. I figured I would make an official post about it once all the orders in my backlog are filled, but this post anticipates that a bit so it wont be as big of a surprise.

Cheers, thanks for the kind words Björn
Erik

Sorry to hear about your injury, Erik. I've never been able to get something from you, but have always wanted to. I especially like the swiss and german bastard swords you've worked on. True works of art, all. I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors, swordy and non-swordy alike Happy

Of course, this absolutely begs the question-- where the heck is Nathan going to go when he needs his next spada schiavona fix? Wink

"Rhaegar fought nobly.
Rhaegar fought valiantly.
Rhaegar fought honorably.
And Rhaegar died."

- G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
David Lannon

PostPosted: Thu 14 Oct, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Got It!!!         Reply with quote

I got home to a very large brown box waiting for me. My clamshell claymore arrived Big Grin I am simply beyond words at the attention to detail and obvious hard work Erik invested in this piece. The sword feels quite large in the hand. I was a little worried that the clamshells themselves would interfere somewhat with wrist movement, but this is not the case. The sword is one of Angus' biggest blades, but it dry handles quite well. The extra long hilt with the massive pommel add much to the balance. This sword sword just drips with menace.

The hilt work is superb. Erik's wire-craft is flawless. Strangely, I think the thing I like the most, is the inside surfaces of the clamshells themselves. Erik left them with a rough hammered finish, then blued them. The Atrim blade is polished very nicely and sports a wicked edge.

All and all, OUTSTANDING work and well worth the wait.

A hearty thanks to both Erik and Angus for my latest masterpiece.

Dave Lannon

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun!!!!
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Fri 15 Oct, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats again, David !

It would be cool to see some photos of this one in hand, so please give it the 'ol college try !

Alba Gu Brath, Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sat 16 Oct, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Erik Stevenson wrote:

...I injured my shoulder...

... have been tossing about the idea of writing or co-authoring a "How To" sword hilt making book...

Erik

Your work is very impressive. That is obvious, even to someone new to this area of interest. I had been keeping my eye on your website for quite some time, waiting to see when the 'no more new orders' announcement would come down. Oh, well.

I have some experience with chronic shoulder trouble. There are some motions that are just a bad idea, and if one of those is a regular part of your job, it is probably time to think about a new job.

I would like to encourage you in the idea of writing a "How To" hilt making book. I doubt I could ever develop the skill, myself, but I would certainly want the book, and I suspect many others on this site would, as well.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

Steve Grisetti

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Some Erik Stevenson Goodness
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: