Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Feedback on Albion Arn handling charateristics Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Valentino Paolilla

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Feedback on Albion Arn handling charateristics         Reply with quote

I have an Albion Arn sword coming to me by next month, with a custom scabbard & belt made by Christian Fletcher. I was just a little curious on how this sword actually handles, & if the blade on the sword is as sharp as other Albion models. Albion is not known to let their customers down, but I would like some feedback from individuals who actually wielded this particular sword...

Thank you...

P.S - And I will also post pictures of this work of art, as soon as I recieve it...
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jun, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I almost bought one awhile back, but was luckily able to try out a friend's before making the purchase.

Now, as for me personally, I felt the Arn to be a bit sluggish in the hand. It had too much blade presence and weighed a good bit more than I cared for. Lastly, the blade was a bit too long for my tastes in single-handers. The Albion quality construction was there, and the Arn would make one hell of a shield-splitter; but I did not personally care for the design..

This, of course, is totally a matter of personal opinion. Your mileage and the mileage of others may differ greatly. Happy

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Scott Woodruff

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jun, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I really like long one-handers and though I have not handled the Arn sword, I have handled swords of similar size and really appreciate the added reach and heft. I am quite sure you will be overjoyed when your sword arrives, I know I would be!

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Feedback on Albion Arn handling charateristics
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic