Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > H.E. Ankle boots good for WMA? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Robert Hinds

PostPosted: Thu 27 Jan, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: H.E. Ankle boots good for WMA?         Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Historic Enterprises Ankle boots, and in particular if they think they would be good for practicing WMA?

I'm planning on starting WMA sometime soon and would like to have a historically accurate pair of footwear to wear with my 15th c kit that would do well in practice.

Here's the link:

http://historicenterprises.com/boots-ankle-bu...ath=99_119

Failing those being good for WMA, I'm also looking at these Poulaines:

http://historicenterprises.com/shoes-poulaine...ath=99_119

I don't know if they are good for WMA either so if you could offer an opinion there too it would be great. Happy

Thank you for your help in advance. Happy

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women; thus your honor will grow. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honor in wars." -Johannes Liechtenauer

"...And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one..." Luke 22:36
Michael B.
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 27 Jan, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I use a leather turnshoe for a lot of my WMA studies, depending on the floor surfaces, I also wear tennis shoes, and various martial schools. With the turnshoes though (I got mine through Revival), I had them resoled with a fencers sole (not accurate, but incredible grip, especially for grass), and I wear a braces for ankle support. (this is mainly because I severely sprained an ankle last fall). I like to use the turn shoe because that's what I do the fight shows in, may has well practice in what I use it for.
www.facebook.com/bearmountainforge2
Michael Bergstrom
Robert Hinds

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jan, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank's for your reply Michael, interesting about the fencers sole I'll have to check that out.

But has anyone had experience with the Historic Enterprises shoes I've mentioned?

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women; thus your honor will grow. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honor in wars." -Johannes Liechtenauer

"...And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one..." Luke 22:36
Matthijs Witsenburg

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jan, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've owned a model they HE doesn't carry anymore, being pretty much the poulaine with the point shaped like the ankle boot. They survived a few years of running around on tarmac and crushed seashells. They're fine for WMA. As much grip as you can expect from turnshoes.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > H.E. Ankle boots good for WMA?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic