Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > My Viceroy arrived Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: My Viceroy arrived         Reply with quote

Sometimes there's just no better sound than a UPS truck rolling up the driveway. Big Grin

My Viceroy arrived most unexpectedly today and I was very pleased upon opening the familiar white box. I must say, pictures just don't give this sword justice. From every angle I discover more and more unique details. There is so much going on between the blade and hilt components but yet they all flow together as one. The Viceroy is not only graceful and refined in appearance but exibits a great sense of power in handling. One thing is for sure, I'm really amazed at the agility of this weapon and how it feels as though it was designed just for me. This is undoubtably the finest reproduction sword I have ever handled and now resides at the top of my list of favorites.

My deepest thanks go's out to Peter Johnnson and all the great and talented folks at Albion Armorers. You have amazed me once again Big Grin

With any luck I'll get some pictures up soon.

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You lucky so-and-so.
Robert Busch

PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gongrats Gary,

This one and the Regent are my two favorites of Albion's next Gen line. By amazing coincidence, they are the exact two swords that I am having one hell of a time choosing between. By an even stranger coincidence, they are also two of the most expensive swords in the lineup, but they look like they are worth every friggin penny of it.

Enjoy the hell out of that new sword Gary, I would be if I were you Wink

Bob
Jeff Johnson

PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mine remains in the cruel clutches of UPS. Soon...
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

And I'll be getting one if/when I can afford it! Very attractive sword. I can't wait to handle it.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats Gary.

This is one of the ones that I've eagerly awaited. I'm definetly looking forward to getting my hands on one. As with the Regent the Viceroy is later in period than I normally go for but I love the aesthetics and the detail work on both.

Very nice.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Jeff Johnson

PostPosted: Thu 02 Sep, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jeff Johnson wrote:
Mine remains in the cruel clutches of UPS. Soon...

IN!!!

Sweeet...

A bit heavier than the A&A Schloss E.. Gotta love the pointyness.
M. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu 02 Sep, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pictures?
"Only people not able to grow tall from their own efforts and achievements seek to subdue their fellow man."
"Only people not being able to find comfort in their own mind seek to silence others. " - Per Bylund
John Gage
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 02 Sep, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: congrats         Reply with quote

Congrats on your new sword!!!!!!! After being at Albion as part of the team for only 3 weeks i feel very fortunate to be here making swords of such high quality. Everyone at Albion takes great pride in their work with every piece and process that goes into making them. I am also very lucky to have gotten here just as the Viceroy made its way out the door to you. I have handled every sword in the shop and they are by far incredible pieces of art and history. The Viceroy is my favorite of them all to date, it handles like a dream and is stunning to say the least. When you say that the pictures dont do them Justice I agree wholeheartedly because i didnt fully get it until i was able to see them in person. Enjoy your new Viceroy i hope to be getting one sometime as well.

Regards,
John
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Fri 03 Sep, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: congrats         Reply with quote

John Gage wrote:
Congrats on your new sword!!!!!!! After being at Albion as part of the team for only 3 weeks i feel very fortunate to be here making swords of such high quality. Everyone at Albion takes great pride in their work with every piece and process that goes into making them. I am also very lucky to have gotten here just as the Viceroy made its way out the door to you. I have handled every sword in the shop and they are by far incredible pieces of art and history. The Viceroy is my favorite of them all to date, it handles like a dream and is stunning to say the least. When you say that the pictures dont do them Justice I agree wholeheartedly because i didnt fully get it until i was able to see them in person. Enjoy your new Viceroy i hope to be getting one sometime as well.

Regards,
John

Thanks John!

I must admit I'm rather jealous. It must be nice to be able to handle many of these beauties before they go out the door. As far as what you say about the Albion team well, I figured that out years ago and that's why I always came back. There are other great sword makers out there but based on my experience I see no reason to look further Big Grin

The Viceroy? well, it's going to be hard to top this one from my own personal view Wink

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
M. Taylor

PostPosted: Fri 03 Sep, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: congrats         Reply with quote

John Gage wrote:

Regards,
John

John, It's really gratifying when you arrive at a place where you are surrounded by dedicated, quality people making such a fine product. I've been in that position a couple of times in my career and it's and it's such a tremendous experience.

I hope you have a long, fulfilling tenure with Albion and Gary, I hope your Viceroy brings you years of pleasure.

"Only people not able to grow tall from their own efforts and achievements seek to subdue their fellow man."
"Only people not being able to find comfort in their own mind seek to silence others. " - Per Bylund
Robert W. Betten

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 03 Sep, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations on the new, fine sword in your collection...

I've always wanted a Peter Johnnson/Albion Armorers sword yet my fancy for Khukuri's at the moment has got the better of me...one day, just not yet lol. I am however hoping that Albion are still working on releasing another small skeggox, that was my fav albion piece that got pulled due to construction faults or something (Mike mentioned to me of someone working on a new model design thats historically accurate).

...albion never ceases to amaze me. Happy

*!*
"If the people we love are taken from us,
the way they live on is to never stop loving
them. Buildings burn, people die, but real
love is forever."
- Sarah 'The Crow'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > My Viceroy arrived
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic