Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Records of the Medieval Sword XV.9. Met Museum NY Query Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JG Elmslie
Industry Professional

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Wed 07 Jul, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Records of the Medieval Sword XV.9. Met Museum NY Query         Reply with quote

A night spent trawling the online museum collections of a few sites, looking to find reference material got me sidetracked back onto swords and the likes.

and going through the Metropolitan Museum of art, NY listings, one I could'nt spot was XV.9 from RotMS.

I've always thought it was blessed with particularly elegant proportions, even if it was suspected to be a fake...

does anyone know more about it? Museum catalogue number, current location... or indeed, has it been discredited completely since the publication of RotMS, moved on to another collection, etc?

thanks in advance to anyone who can give info... having noticed that I could'nt see it, its going to bug me till I know Happy

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Records of the Medieval Sword XV.9. Met Museum NY Query
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic