Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Going to the Royal Armouries Museum at Leeds-Postponed! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael Ekelmann

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jun, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Going to the Royal Armouries Museum at Leeds-Postponed!         Reply with quote

My darling wife wants to send me to Leeds as a birthday present! The only time my duty schedule will allow is 2-5 September. I must admit I'm stoked! I haven't been to the UK since I was stationed near Newbury in the early 90s. I've been to the website, but in in the opinion of those of you who have visited, what are the must sees? Are there classes or hands on displays?

Well, my duty schedule changed, so I have to postpone the trip indefinately. However, We're going to London over the New Year holiday, so I'll get to see the Tower Collection!

“Men prefer to fight with swords, so they can see each other's eyes!" Sean Connery as Mulay Hamid El Raisuli in The Wind and the Lion

Last edited by Michael Ekelmann on Mon 21 Jun, 2010 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Philip Melhop

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jun, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi there
great present Big Grin The Royal Armouries at Leeds is the best collection of arms and armour in the UK(followed by The Wallace collection in London)You can arrange a handling session, there is a fight interpretation team and there is a great little library.You would need to contact the Armouries in advance to check what is going on on any particular day. Sadly, in my opinion, the Armouries has fallen into the hands of professional events organisers and is used for many other events, nonetheless it is still a must see.
Phil
Mark Wilkie

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jun, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Go see the lion armour in the tournement hall, for me this was by far the best

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Going to the Royal Armouries Museum at Leeds-Postponed!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic