Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Knight model kits being reissued Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Dustin Faulkner

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jun, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Knight model kits being reissued         Reply with quote

Hello:

My other hobby is building plastic model kits - mostly 1/48 scale aircraft kits. But I have a couple of knight kits too. A long time ago, there was a model kit company called Aurora. They made a series of 1/8 scale knight kits.

I noticed a couple have been reissued by Monogram or Revell. These are the Red Knight and the Black Knight of Nuremburg. I think the rest of the series will be reissued too including a mounted knight. I hope so.

Just thought everyone might like to know. I built one when I was a kid after a medieval display from the Metropolitan Museum of Art came to a local museum. The Aurora kits were sold in the gift shop. They are fun to build. Perhaps not totally accurate, but fun.

DUSTIN FAULKNER
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jun, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Knight model kits being reissued         Reply with quote

Dustin Faulkner wrote:
Hello:

My other hobby is building plastic model kits - mostly 1/48 scale aircraft kits. But I have a couple of knight kits too. A long time ago, there was a model kit company called Aurora. They made a series of 1/8 scale knight kits.

I noticed a couple have been reissued by Monogram or Revell. These are the Red Knight and the Black Knight of Nuremburg. I think the rest of the series will be reissued too including a mounted knight. I hope so.

Just thought everyone might like to know. I built one when I was a kid after a medieval display from the Metropolitan Museum of Art came to a local museum. The Aurora kits were sold in the gift shop. They are fun to build. Perhaps not totally accurate, but fun.

Holy Cow....

I built some of those kits when I was a kid and that was a very long time ago. I had the "Silver Knight of Augsburg", the "Blue Knight of Milan" and the "Black Knight of Nuremburg". I had not thought of those for years!!

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jun, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Check this thread:
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...ight=model

-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jun, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I built all of those knight models when I was a boy. Besides the ones already mentioned, Aurora also made the Red Knight of Vienna, and the Gold Knight of Nice. I remember the Gold Knight was mounted on an armored horse and had a sallet and bevor.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Knight model kits being reissued
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic