Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion Moat Madness :) Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Julien M

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jun, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Albion Moat Madness :)         Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my latest purchase: a dozen of blades and a handful of hilt parts from the Albion Moat sale. Now these are not all mine (I'm not trying to equip a private militia here Happy, it's a share order with a friend and fellow uk myArmoury member (mine are the 6 blades on the left). I'm thrilled by this purchase that will be the backbone for my projects for at least a couple of years. Now the shipping rate and enormous VAT will probably won't make much sense to most USA members here, but after calculating the share of shipping and vat for each item, the total bill for each of us (6 blades each approx) is still an unbelievable deal, which will allow me to end up with swords I've always wanted but did not and would not have purchased for they were out of my budget.

There is a mix of 30$ blades (the two daggers, the two single handed type XVIII, both have nicks on the edges and a good deal of rust)
The rest are 100$ slightly defective blades, and 4 are 200$ near perfect second blades (two of the type X, the yeoman, the prince blade)

Now the 100$ and 200$ blades are a great statement of albion concern for high end quality...as the 200$ are absolutely pristine an yet have been discarded (the yeoman, prince and one of the type X are objectively perfect as they are, they just didn't fit albion's next gen blueprint). The rest will need light tweaking and a bit of work (as well as polish) (like that sovereign that has a very minor issue with one of the fueller (misgrounded but very fixable) but will end up perfect I'm sure. Most are sharp as hell (save for the crecy blade and the vassal, that have no edge at all for now (pretty much like a windlass blunt).

This feels like Christmas In June...Thanks Albion!!!

Cheers,

Julien

Rob Stanford

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jun, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: MOAT         Reply with quote

Fantastic and good luck! I have been tempted many times looking at these blades and keep telling myself "finish the projects you have first! (which includes some of the conan moat blades)"

Great to see more pic's of these, and look forward to some completed pics in the future.

Regards,
Rob
David Sutton

Reading list: 39 books

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jun, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Some nice looking blades there Julien. Cool Kinda makes me wish I'd got a couple!

Which one are you thinking of tackling first?

'Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all'

'To teach superstitions as truth is a most terrible thing'

Hypatia of Alexandria, c400AD
Sander Marechal

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jun, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Albion Moat Madness :)         Reply with quote

Julien M wrote:
I'm not trying to equip a private militia here

Lies! No-one would pass up the chance to raise their own private medieval militia! Big Grin

Seriously though, those are some great looking blades. I'll be looking forward to your project topics.
Julien M

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jun, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey David,

Well, I'll start by cleaning all those blades free of rust and pits, will remove nicks and probably will have to reshape the tip of the type XVIII first (that I will most probably hilt with a fishtail pommel and guard similar to the wallace collection sword, instead of using a windlass auray blade for it as I originality intended). But the very first sword I will work on will be the sovereign, (which was always my favorite albion next gen) once I fix the fueler issue. I've included a very crude photoshop design will should show you what I have in mind (the inspiration is the octogonal pommel type XIV sword from records of the med sword - hilt shown here is an interpretation of the same sword by French sword smith gael fabre).

Cheers,

J

Attachment: 24.07 KB
epee-9919---copie-copie (Large).jpg

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion Moat Madness :)
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic