Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Kult of Athena Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
David Teague

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jan, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tom King wrote:
Uh, their domain lapsed. I'm scared, I have returns dammit!

I checked online and and their domain name was paid up until 2012.

A couple of sites said it was available. WTF?!

Somebody I know dropped by last week this is what they had to say:

Quote:
Hi Ho,

I went by there today on my way to the leather supplier (they are in the same industrial park and about 20 miles from where I live). The sign on the door at Kult of Athena said they will be closed starting 12/24 and will be open again on 1/2. I know they were expanding again and were also talking about taking their first vacation in several years.

Take heart, they will return.

TerryT
That Guy's Products

Quote:
There is a phone number on your receipt. Call it.

That's right, before we had the internet, tweets, texting, e-mail, blogs and forums, we had to mail folks a thing called a letter requesting infomation or call them on a phone attached to the wall by a cord. Even with today's cordless cell phone you can still make a call (and let us know what's up) Wink

Cheers,

David

This you shall know, that all things have length and measure.

Free Scholar/ Instructor Selohaar Fechtschule
The Historic Recrudescence Guild

"Yea though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou's sword art is with me; Thy poleaxe and Thy quarterstaff they comfort me."
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jan, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is why I absolutely hate topics like this. Asking if anybody has any information about a down site is certainly valid. What isn't are the people posting theories and speculation and winding themselves up. It serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever and can actually damage a business by doing this.

It took me all of 8 seconds to find the phone number for Kult of Athena, another 20 seconds to give them a call, and now will take about 2 minutes for me to type up this response and hopefully end this absurd topic once and for all.

Kult of Athena can be reached at this phone number: 1-847-531-8664

They are currently having an issue with their Web hosting and hope that they can get their site back up within the week. It's a technical problem. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Issue solved. Move on.

In the future, those who have no real, verifiable information are asked to stop participating in topics like this. It doesn't help anyone, serves no purpose, and causes potential damage.

Thank you.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Clayton S

PostPosted: Fri 08 Jan, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am in no way related to them but here...

Per kultofathena.com:
We are currently recovering from a Catastrophic server failure. Please pardon our dust as we get things back to normal. Ordering is working, but some pages do not work yet. Also much of the product data is missing, short of the names and prices. Feel free to place an order if you can find what you are looking for. To assist in this you can use the links above to see all of our products on one page. This way you can search the grid using your browser's "find" button. If you have a fast connection the version with thumbnails loads pretty quickly, for slower connections you may want to use the list without thumbnails.

NEW TONIGHT-- We know this is a less than optimum way to shop, so as an incentive, we are offering free US shipping on web orders over $100. Canadian Orders will have a flat $20 shipping cost. We regret that we can not offer this deal to our other international customers, but we will have a special deal you can take advantage of when we get back to full working order. We hope to have things back to full working order soon. Also if you've had problems reaching us by email, please try this email address kultofathena@sbcglobal.net. Our mail servers are moving to a new host so some emails may have been lost.

Sword? No, I am merely a peasant...
Ken Speed

PostPosted: Sat 09 Jan, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

On January 8, 2010 I called KOA and ordered something over the phone, I'd tried to order it online but I didn't have confidence that the computerized ordering process was working correctly. My phone order experience was perfectly fine and the person I dealt with was knowledgeable and friendly. He confirmed that they had had a major server melt down and were working hard to get back on-line. In any case, I was pleased to see that I received UPS shipping confirmation of my order on the same day I placed my order. I am, according to UPS, likely to receive my order on January 13, 2010.

Everything is not peaches and cream at Kult of Athena but they're still doing business and addressing their computer problem.

I'll write when I take delivery of my order.
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jan, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Heads up!

http://www.kultofathena.com/
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jan, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ordered a butt cap, sword belt and a GDFB barbute helm on Monday, it shipped on Tuesday and it's currently on the postal truck as in " OUT FOR DELIVER " as I type this ....... normally should be here later today. Big Grin Cool

1) Kult of Athena's usual excellent and fast customer service.

2) For some odd reason USPS / CANADA POST + Canada Customs clearance all being " efficient " all at the same time !

Oh, and the KoA site seems to be back to 100% functionality including the " New in Stock " page that seemed the last thing to get back to functionality.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Kult of Athena
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: