Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion Sovereign has me salivating again! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Brian M

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jul, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Is that an oxblood grip? They seem to vary from brown to red depending on the camera used, but it looks more red than brown in this pic. Hard to imagine what they look like in person. I have to say that I didn't think I'd like the bronze-pommel look, but those pix have made me reconsider my bias. Beautiful. I think it would look great with a blue grip, or even a green grip.

Regards,
Brian M
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jul, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian M wrote:
Is that an oxblood grip? They seem to vary from brown to red depending on the camera used, but it looks more red than brown in this pic. Hard to imagine what they look like in person. I have to say that I didn't think I'd like the bronze-pommel look, but those pix have made me reconsider my bias. Beautiful. I think it would look great with a blue grip, or even a green grip.

Regards,
Brian M

Yes, it is an oxblood grip. It is pretty close to the actual color. I agree that the blue or green would look great as well.

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jul, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Well         Reply with quote

Jason Dingledine wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
Aside from the pommel cap thing that most of us missed, the blade on this one looks like it may even be excuted more cleanly than the one at bladeshow. I know photos lose quite a bit of detail though so hard to tell for sure but she looks darn nice.

Heya Joe,

The blade on the sword at the Blade Show was the first one I had done, and I wasn't terribly happy with the way the fuller terminations turned out. The next batch of four blades that were done turned out much nicer (nothing like practice), and this sword is one of those four.

New blades are always tricky and no matter how simple they look, there is always something that needs to be worked out on them.

Jason,

The one at Bladeshow was pretty darn good, so if you've improved enough that you're happy with the difference, I'm impressed. Everyone tending to be their own harshest critics and all.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Fri 06 Aug, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
Steve Maly wrote:
Here are some pics to whet your appetite! I'll try to get some better pics later (if we ever get an overcast day before September...clear skies play havoc with my color levels!).

I hate to be the party pooper here... but I see a major flaw that I'd like a chance to correct... I am not happy at all with the peen block and would like to have it redone, if you would not mind shipping it back to us. I am very sorry that it got out of here with that flaw and would like to fix it up for you properly. Just drop Mike a mail and let him know if you'd like to have it fixed and we will commit to turning it around asap and back to you.

My deepest apologies...

Howy

My Sovereign has made the trek to WI and back! The peen block is now perfectly square. Looks Great! Thanks to the Albion folks and their pursuit of perfection! Big Grin

Attachment: 69.69 KB
DSC00626a.jpg

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Albion Sovereign has me salivating again!
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: