Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Clontarf Viking Sword Giveaway!Contest
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next 
Keith S

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

'cause when the last lass has been kissed an your full measure is up what finer ride than to float into the sunset ablaze.
Maxime Chouinard

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Hey, winner chooser, read this!         Reply with quote

Why I want to be a Viking? Why would I want to be a Viking? I'm a Viking! Isn't it obvious? No?
Throw me a spear and you'll see!

Seriously, I'm currently studying in archeology and I'm pretty interested to specialize in Scandinavian civilisations. If this sword is so close to an original like you said, well this might be an excellent learning tool for me that could give me an edge in my course... get it... edge?.... And God knows I don't have 700 bucks for this, and if he don't my girlfriend does! So please if I could win this sword it would surely be a lot more acceptable:
-What the hell are you doing with that thing?!
-That's a Viking sword dear...
-Viking shniking! How much did you spent for that!!?
-Well, nothing, I won it.
-You won...Have I ever told you how I find Vikings to be very sexy?

(Let's hope she never reads that post Wink) So maybe you won't read that post either ,but jeez if you gotta choose a winner, at least choose someone who could use a little upgrade in his relation with his girlfriend, no? (Oh and also someone who is used to test cutting and won't let this baby sit and rust on his TV).

Signed fiercly by

Max... The RED!
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why do I want to be a Viking? So I can see what it feels like to never win the Superbowl...oops, wrong Vikings! Laughing Out Loud

Let's try again...

Why do I want to be a viking? BECAUSE I SAID SO! Pass the mead!

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why would I want to join the Vikings?

1. They're guaranteeing me $150,000 in hack-silver from the Cuerdale hoard - for Viking college, of course
2. They're offering the chance to see the world. I hear there's a sweet new continent to the west with some awesome fishing waters...
3. They get to pilot those sweet Viking craft, as seen in such legends as "Top Gunnhild" starring Eric Bloodaxe and Thorfin "Cruise" Skullsplitter of Orkney
4. The local magnates tell me that Viking law expects all men to be armed, and that they'll supply me with weapons - such as the stunning Albion Clontarf
5. I can't wait to proudly wear an amulet of Thor's hammer round my neck as a symbol of my stalwart Vikingness
6. I hear the Berserks are the best athletic team around and I bet they throw some mad parties
7. I'm looking for direction in my life... who better than the greatest navigators in the world to guide me?
8. Though I may appear a French citizen to the less educated, it doesn't take a genius to track the etymology of "Normandy" and besides, we both got the hair thing supposedly going for us, right?
9. Runes are the communication method of the future. Tolkien recognized their superiority, didn't he?
10. My AIM screenname is based on Fenris Ulfr, the Wolf of the Abyss, who shall be freed at the coming of Ragnarok

But most of all, to have a hearty time with my gruff Viking buddies!

-GLL

Edit: P.S. - another great contest! Really Nathan, this is too much! You'll make a western sword collector of me yet... and yes, I know this place isn't supposed to be limited to western blades, but c'mon, you have to admit it's nice to have a spot for the Euro people to congregate, isn't it? WinkBig Grin

Last edited by Gabriel Lebec on Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alina Boyden

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why be a viking? Well, the valkyries were powerful warriors and served mead to the strongest and most handsome of warriors. Sounds like a fun job to me! Besides, a girl had to enter this contest eventually.

So do I win based sheerly on affirmative action?
Shane Allee
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why would I want to be a Viking?

I'm all about being anything if it means taking a "vacation" to a land full of redheaded celtic women.

Shane
Katherine Wolfe

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why do I want to be a Viking? Well, there's the mead drinking, terrorizing the North Sea, and roaring ashore in a berserker rage. And then there's all the gear, the helmets, shields leggings, were all so distinctive even today we can tell a Viking is a Viking! But the coolest thing about being a Viking is definitely the hefty, short, nearly guardless sword. It's a sword for the brave, who don't mind getting in close, who don't mind ugly fighting, who will risk everything to get what they want. The soul of the Vikings are embodied in their swords, and the Clontarf is a beautiful example. It's a sword worth singing an ode to!
Robert Austin

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Contest: Clontarf Viking Sword Giveaway!         Reply with quote

Hot damn! I want to be a Viking just to wield this sword!
Marty Lee

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I actually got to hold this sword at the Atlanta Blade show and WOW what a great sword it made me instantly want to be a viking. My Renfest armor is a Germanic/Norse cross between 900 and 1000 AD so this sword will go perfect. also iIlove the broad blades with the shorter grip for me they are very fast and easy to handle. Oh for the good old days where you slashed instead of hoping to find a chink between plates. I would love to win this sword and BTW nice to finally join the forum, Hello All!
Luck often enough will save a man, if his courage hold. (Bolvie)
Jon Barber

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Contest: Clontarf Viking Sword Giveaway!         Reply with quote

Post a reply in this topic why you[ want to be a Viking!

I'd like to *go* a'viking - finally get a chance to prove that whole "pillage, THEN burn" hypothesis realy works!

I don't do Viking re-enactment but I have a close friend who does and this would, without a doubt, make one of the coolest birthday presents ever.

Jon Barber
Jason M. K.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I love the whole of Viking culture, especially the mythology. The whole idea of going on a ship to go berserking just seems very appealling on the whole. I also have a fondness for the early part of that time period. Thes are the reasons: no more Rome, no major cities, no manor system yet, and no evangelizing yet. (I'll expand on the last one)-- What I mean is that the viking lands hadn't been missionized by the Catholics yet so we can still act like our "gods" tell us!

On with the fun,
Jason M. K.
Phil Spear

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Contest: Clontarf Viking Sword Giveaway!         Reply with quote

I want to be a viking because my girlfriend just moved to denmark, where apperantly there are "Biker Vikings" (imagine harley riders with horned helmets) and I may have to do battle with them.

Also I'm kicking myself still for missing out on the chance to get that basket hilt. Besides, who wouldn't want this one? Hippies, that's who. And if there's one thing I'm not, its a hippie.

Phil
Ralf Fitschen

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why I wanna be a Viking?

Because I've been to Norway several times and love the sea, the beer and the nordic climate...

regards,
Ralf
Jason Paul Anstey

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Look guys, I really need a new sword, the last raiding party I was on was really quite embarrassing. When it came to handing out the weapons, Olaaf Skaagartenborg the newly appointed arms-master handed me a dodgy stainless steel wallhanger to use as my primary weapon. Can you believe that?!?. I’m sure it had something to do with the remark I made about him trying to compensate for something by having an extra large set of horns on his helmet.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I had to continue on, business as usual. I began the raid in typical fashion, tearing up the beach in berserk mode, insane look my eyes, foam flying from my mouth and beard. I had only just begun beating my sword like object on my shield, yelling the usual challenges and obscenities when the damn thing broke and flew off hitting my best mate Bjorn in the foot! Well, you know what Vikings are like, the guys fell around laughing while I stood there looking ridiculous with this half sword in my hand.

I am now known as Half Sword Anstey – with all the usual innuendos! Please help me regain my honor by sending me a full size, non – stainless steel sword.

Jason Anstey
Douglas Peters

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ah yes, the life of a Norseman. A little harsh sometimes, but that's the point of the wealth redistribution program. And sometimes pilla... err, wealth redistribution requires a good sword point. Of course I'm not just in it for the program, all that freedom and ale sounds good too.

Last edited by Douglas Peters on Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Thomas

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why would I like to be a Viking?

I could say:

"The freedom to travel the seas and get away from the little lady",..................but I'm to old for that.

"The adventures of fighting, plundering, drinking, wild women, and conquest", ...........................to old for all that too.

"Because I'm too small to be be a good looking Crusader Knight, (my long sword dragging in the dirt)", .................. true but that's not it.

No, the real reason I would like to be a Viking is , .............................

"As a Viking, I would have the same table manners as my teenage boys, and no one would give me a second glance. Throwing bones over your shoulder, spilling drink down your chin, talking with your mouth full and over flowing, .... yea I would blend right in with them. Yea baby, ........... I want to be a Viking!"

Laughing Out Loud

"That Which Does Not Kill Us, Only Makes Us Stronger."
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Why be a Viking?         Reply with quote

For once in my life it would be OK to get really drunk, get really naked, then run through the neighborhood burning and pillaging everything in sight! Happy
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
David T. Tarrant

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why Become a vikking?
To see the blood soaked fields of your foe's land burn under your might
To see the fear on the peoples eyes that you seek to destroy
To to have the very strength of thor behind your blade while you cleave your ennemy's limbs asunder
To have no fear of death only a wish of it if any sort of regard to it
To live at the moment with no fear of reaction or cause.
Steve Colarusso

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Why be a Viking?         Reply with quote

Why be a Viking? To be true to myself. See the world, gain knowledge, and acquire souveneirs....
Luke M.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

*crosses fingers*

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Clontarf Viking Sword Giveaway!Contest
Page 3 of 26
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: