Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Is there a complete copy of the Greenwich armour album? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Adam D. Kent-Isaac

Reading list: 2 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jun, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Is there a complete copy of the Greenwich armour album?         Reply with quote

I want to see a complete copy of the Almain Armourer's Album - the one containing all the designs of Jacob Halder for the Greenwich workshop. George Clifford's harness is in there as well as almost 30 other ones, some of which survive to this day (Cumberland, Worcester, Leicester, Sir James Scudamore, and Lord Buckhurst [Thomas Sackville, co-author of Gorboduc]) Those are, I think, the only surviving Greenwich garnitures from the Almain or "Jacob" album - correct me if I'm wrong.

You know the one:

[ Linked Image ]

I want to be able to see all of the designs in that album; I've seen various ones scattered around the internet, including some archived in Google Books, but never all together in one place. Is this available somewhere? Ideally I could see it online for free but I would be happy to pay for a printed edition of it, if such a thing exists. Thanks in advance for help.

Pastime With Good Company

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Is there a complete copy of the Greenwich armour album?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic