Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Bullfrog for rust and what ails ya. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jonathan Eells

PostPosted: Thu 11 Jun, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Bullfrog for rust and what ails ya.         Reply with quote

One hates to sound like one is gushing, or inappropriately enthusiastic. But still.

I was at the gun shop yesterday and happened to ask if they had any goo that was particularly good at keeping rust off of steel in a maritime environment (my environment) and that could wipe off a little sheen of rust, too.

And this magical goo is called Bullfrog. My Albion Vinland gets a little more attention than other blades, and its pommel was looking a wee bit tarnished. After a spray and a few minutes sitting while watching Captain Ron and having a modest margarita... wipe it off and VOILA, a rust-free pommel that is henceforth protected against Aegir's wrathful spray.

It appeared to work a fair sight better than the other innumerable goos of its ilk that I've tried.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Bullfrog for rust and what ails ya.         Reply with quote

Jonathan Eells wrote:

And this magical goo is called Bullfrog. My Albion Vinland gets a little more attention than other blades, and its pommel was looking a wee bit tarnished. After a spray and a few minutes sitting while watching Captain Ron and having a modest margarita... wipe it off and VOILA, a rust-free pommel that is henceforth protected against Aegir's wrathful spray.

It appeared to work a fair sight better than the other innumerable goos of its ilk that I've tried.

So who makes it and where does one buy it ? ( Gun shops I guess, but would it be found elsewhere ? Maybe Kult of Athena might be interested in stocking the stuff ? Might be hard to find in Canada or elsewhere outside the U.S.A. ? ).

Guess, I might try a Google search for it. Wink Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Stephane Rabier

PostPosted: Fri 12 Jun, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi,
is it that stuff? http://www.theruststore.com/Bull-Frog-Rust-Remover-P22C1.aspx
I've tried many rust removers bought in drugstore, gunsmith shops, hardware shops... all were either too mild and removed virtually no rust (most of them) or to strong an severely pitted the metal.
One of those removers, bought years and years ago in a village "Spaar" supermarket was incredible : I rubbed it onto a dug off USM1 carbine, left it overnight to act and the day after the metal was clean, the deep rust removed and even the parkerized (is it the correct word?) parts were still black.
It was a green gel sold in a small plastic bottle with a spruce drawn on it and something like “green product”or “natural product” written.
I could never find the same stuff anymore, and I've never seen any other as efficient.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Bullfrog for rust and what ails ya.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic