Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Knife of Aragorn Update Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Chris Holzman

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jun, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Defective UC design or materials?         Reply with quote

Joel Whitmore wrote:
Cry Well Medieval Weapon Art sent me my second United Cutlery Knife of Aragorn. As you read in the above thread, the first one had a cracked handle. Well I took out the second one today, fresh from the box, and guess what...yep another cracked handle. This one has cracks above and below the blade as shown below, They are very small, but would probably get worse if I handled the knife. Now I am beginning to believe that this is a design defect as the top and bottom of the handle are VERY thin ( probably the thickness of a nickle). A combination of the long, heavy blade and the thin wood, I think, is causing the cracks. Anyone else have any trouble with this? At this point I think I'll just take my money back. This kinda breaks my heart as I love the overal design and implementatin of this knife. Cry Ironically, the Pakastani rip-off has a rock solid handle. WTF?!

Joel

Joel,

at a guess, those handle cracks are caused by the gap around the blade.. that gap allows the section of blade to go unsupported, and then wiggle about and crack...especially if they're kind of doing a wedged fit. that is the same place as the tsuka on japanese style weapons cracks, if incorrectly carved to fit.

if you really want to keep it, you could always inject some epoxy in it, and then fill the cracks with it as well, and after it cures, file it down.... or exchange again and ask them to check it before shipping, and then fill it in as soon as you recieve it.

Chris

Chris Holzman
River City Fencing Club
Wichita, KS

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Knife of Aragorn Update
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: