Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > New here Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael B. Millergren

PostPosted: Thu 26 Feb, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: New here         Reply with quote

Hey my name is Broder and I've been a collector of swords since I was 14

I started with a simple cheap spanish rapier that I bought at a stand at the local festival in my home town

I've added on to the collection over the years and plan to keep the collection going

One day with any luck I'll be able to find a sword smith willing to apprentice me so that I can take my passion for blades to new hieghts Big Grin
Gavin Kisebach

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 26 Feb, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums Michael, what kind of swords are you interested in?
There are only two kinds of scholars; those who love ideas and those who hate them. ~ Emile Chartier
Jared Smith

Spotlight topics: 3

PostPosted: Thu 26 Feb, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New here         Reply with quote

Michael B. Millergren wrote:

One day with any luck I'll be able to find a sword smith willing to apprentice me so that I can take my passion for blades to new hieghts Big Grin

If you are located in the United States (you can edit your profile to make it show your location if you wish), I recommend that you look for a local chapter of ABANA right now. There probably is a local knife maker near you who would enjoy taking on a young apprentice to show him the ropes. (The skills in small fixed blades are fully applicable, and more forgiving as beginner projects. Also, access to proper equipment without having to invest in it all by yourself is really the smart way to go.) The one I met in my town just drove me to a local chapter get together last weekend. I ended up assisting with the power switch on a 50 lb Little Giant power hammer and was introduced to coal fire tending while a 160 layer ladder pattern welded (what many call "Damascus") billet was started and completed.

Absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence!
Michael B. Millergren

PostPosted: Thu 26 Feb, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

All kinds

English , Spanish , Oriental , Persian , Greek , and Roman and always looking for a new blade I havnt seen before
Michael B. Millergren

PostPosted: Thu 26 Feb, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New here         Reply with quote

Jared Smith wrote:
Michael B. Millergren wrote:

If you are located in the United States (you can edit your profile to make it show your location if you wish), I recommend that you look for a local chapter of ABANA right now. There probably is a local knife maker near you who would enjoy taking on a young apprentice to show him the ropes. (The skills in small fixed blades are fully applicable, and more forgiving as beginner projects. Also, access to proper equipment without having to invest in it all by yourself is really the smart way to go.) The one I met in my town just drove me to a local chapter get together last weekend. I ended up assisting with the power switch on a 50 lb Little Giant power hammer and was introduced to coal fire tending while a 160 layer ladder pattern welded (what many call "Damascus") billet was started and completed.

The closest blade smith to me is in Goegia and as I am still in high school its not an option to me right now

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > New here
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic