Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Christian Fletcher's longsword belts Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jan, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Christian Fletcher's longsword belts         Reply with quote

I was wondering if any of the members here carry their swords with one of CF's two different longsword belts. I'm putting away to buy a longsword sharp from Tinker's new line, and would have to send the sword in to have the belt fitted to the scabbard. I figured it riveted shut, or something similar.

I used to own one of his man at arms belts, and while it wasn't historically accurate, it was a beautiful belt. I figure it would go well with MTP's new lineup, but I figured it would be a good idea to get some feedback beforehand.

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have my Munich in one of his three-point longsword belts. It's pretty cool. It does tend to hang parallel with the ground rather than at an angle, but that might be either historically correct, particular to this specific weapon and/or simply because I didn't really have that much time to play with it before I had to get back on a plane.

Either way, the workmanship is exceptional and I'm very happy with it. Happy

Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
M. Eversberg II

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Parallel to the ground might be good for me, in theory. I'm rather a short individual.

M.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have one with a two point suspension for one of my swords (35" blade). It works good for the design. The best angle for a sword to hang is about 30-degrees with the scabbard tip a minimum of four to six inches off the ground. You control the tip with the pommel, so when moving through crowds you need to guide the sword with the pommel to keep it from knocking things over or hitting people behind you. :-)

For my next scabbard with Christian, I've decided to go with a three point suspension for my Albion Earl.
Ed Toton

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jan, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have two swords with the 3-point suspension. While it might be slightly out of period for the Albion Baron, here's how it hangs with mine:

-Ed T. Toton III
ed.toton.org | ModernChivalry.org
My armor photos on facebook
M. Eversberg II

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jan, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quite nice indeed.

M.

Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I should not here that when I ordered a sword scabbard from Christian with a two point suspension, it also hung a bit parallel to the ground. I commented to him that if he made the back strap longer it would hang down better. He mailed me a new strap at NO COST right away, thereby gaining a customer for life from me. ;-)

The new strap made all the difference, so perhaps you could ask for a longer rear strap for your suspension too.
M. Eversberg II

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will keep that in mind. My budget may be near 1k, so I might actually be able to commission a scabbard as well. I'm parting with a few things in the market place here and at SFI to contribute to the fund as well, if anyone's looking for armor or I.33 equipment.

M.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Christian Fletcher's longsword belts
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic