Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > CS machetes Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Josh MacNeil

PostPosted: Sun 30 Nov, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: CS machetes         Reply with quote

This may be old news, but I was looking through Cold Steel's selection of budget line, workhorse machetes. I've been wanting one for a while. I must say I'm impressed buy the prices and selection of different styles. I figured I'd share and see if anyone else has one (or 2 or 3 at these prices) and maybe get some opinions on what to pick for a blade style. I personally like the Latin model and the magnum kukri. What do you all think?

http://www.ltspecpro.com/machetes.html
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 30 Nov, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have the Kopis for occasional work around the house and keep another in the trunk of the car. They seem to keep a pretty good edge and come with a scabbard to boot. Not bad for the price.
J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Ted Parolari

PostPosted: Mon 01 Dec, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I too have a CS Kopis Machete. It seems to be quite durable. I like the fact that it has a point. Sadly Cold Steel has dropped it from their line up. Between the two you mentioned, I'd probable go with the Kukri. You also might want to look at the CS Barong. That was actually, my second choice.

Some other cool items I've been thinking about getting from CS are Bushman survival knives and the Samburu and Assegai Spears. The bushman seems to me the best utilitarian survival knife being made at this time. I like the hollow handle, because you can turn it into a spear at need. Survivor Man on the Discovery Channel needs one of these!
Josh MacNeil

PostPosted: Thu 04 Dec, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

After comapring both of them, I think I'd go with the 18" latin model. I like the sheath, as the machete draws quicker and the sheath itself has integral pockets on it for carry all sorts of other equipment. Plus you can pick one up for around $15. I doubt you could find a better value machete.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > CS machetes
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic