Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Wanted: Tulwar and other questions Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ohm D.

PostPosted: Wed 05 Nov, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Wanted: Tulwar and other questions         Reply with quote

not sure if this is the right place to post or not but oh well i'll ask my question anyways

1.) Does anyone know where to get a Tulwar online that is under $200 and battle ready (can be made of either carbon or wootz steel)?

2.) Does anyone know if http://www.kultofathena.com/ is a reliable website to buy swords from?
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 05 Nov, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This was moved to Off-topic because it was not appropriate for the Marketplace. Please refer to the Marketplace rules for details.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan M Wuorio

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Wed 05 Nov, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kult of Athena is one of my favorite sites to buy from, they usually have the item you are looking for, and at a MUCH lower price then other places. I highly recommend them. As for the Tulwar question, I'm afraid I don't know of any under $200, you might have to go with a custom maker for that one. They aren't really my area of expertise, so someone else might know more.
Nathan.
Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 06 Nov, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted: Tulwar and other questions         Reply with quote

Ohm D. wrote:
not sure if this is the right place to post or not but oh well i'll ask my question anyways

1.) Does anyone know where to get a Tulwar online that is under $200 and battle ready (can be made of either carbon or wootz steel)?
You can forget about wootz, as the cheapest would be an original, for which you'd have to add another 0 to it. A newly made would probably be more expensive, that is if you can convince one of the few people working with wootz to make and sell one (probably not very likely). Avoid anything marketed "battle ready", as they always forget to add "definately not" on front of it.

Anyhoo, a good place to look for tulwars is ancientarms.biz:

http://www.ancientarms.biz/servlet/Categories...p;total=42

I've never handled one of their swords, but I've seen some reviews of them. Don't expect top notch polishes etc. at those prices, but they seem to be really good value for the money. You'll probably get up to at least $300 including shipping though.

You could also try to find an original, which can be even cheaper (with a little luck you can find one for $100), but naturally you have to treaten them as antiques.
Ted Parolari

PostPosted: Thu 06 Nov, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A good place to go is Gunbroker.com for "antique" weapons. The reason I have quotes around antique is because I have no earthly idea whether or not the are what they say they are. However I've noticed there are quite a few Tulwars and other Asian style weapons there.

If you look down the list on the left side of the screen, you'll see Knives & Other Edged Items and then some sub-catagories under that. Just pick Swords and your in like Flynn!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Wanted: Tulwar and other questions
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic