Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Highlight Fall Muster Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: A&A Highlight Fall Muster         Reply with quote

October 2008 Fall Muster Highlight from Arms & Armor

The days grow short and the nights get cold as you huddle around the fire in camp. The campaign season draws to a close. If not stuck on some forlorn garrison duty, one heads home for the fall muster. Time to check out the A&A Fall muster page. It will be a special price on several different items. Many are one of so it will be first come first serve and we will update the page daily to keep people informed. It allows you to pickup some one of a kind type items at a very good price. See details at ARMS & ARMOR News.

We would also like to introduce the talents of Samuel Haverkamp to our website. Many of you have seen Sam's exceptional work and we are very happy to have his incredible reproductions offered through Arms & Armor.

Yes we are back after a very busy summer. Hope you are all well and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best from A&A Inc.

Last edited by Craig Johnson on Mon 20 Oct, 2008 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

while not mentioned in Craig's post it seems that A&A is carrying some Sam Havercamp items. They are simply astounding.

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/heritage964.html
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Good Eye Jason         Reply with quote

Good Eye Jason Happy

We are very happy to be working with Sam. As most of you have noticed he does very good stuff. I just had not had enough time to get the intro picture set before I had to go to work this morning.

I have also added a pair of gauntlets and a couple of sparth axe to the muster page Happy

Keep well all and have a Happy Halloween.

Best
Craig
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The pole hammers are really cool. I'd gotten to handle one owned by Christian Tobler, and I immediately ordered one (which should be arriving shortly!)

There're some other tempting deals on the new sale as well...

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Added another item to the muster pile!         Reply with quote

I have added another item to the muster.

This is a nice Saxon Style Rapier. See details on the muster page.

Keep well everyone Happy

Craig
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have to say that I really like the poll-hammers; and if they become part of your regular line-up I will almost definately get one this summer.
www.addisondelisle.com
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Added another item to the muster pile!         Reply with quote

Craig-

That Saxon Style sword is a beauty. Nice piece.

Nicely composed photo, too.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Added another item to the muster pile!         Reply with quote

I find that Saxon piece the most attractive in the A&A rapier lineup. So elegantly understated. Is it to become a regular offering or is it just an experiment?
-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: A&A Fall Muster         Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Addison - Yes the intention is to have a pole hammer in the line. We are working up the exact specifics now. We had intended to have it already in production but had some issues in the mold process. It should be up and running sometime late winter or early spring.

Nathan- Thank you. I always like putting the items in a bit of there natural environs. Happy Nothing goes so well with a nice sword as a large mug of ale. This style of sword, as we have discussed, is one of my personal favorites. There are many variations but they all appeal to me. Especially when they get a bit worn looking.

Sean- We have a tendency to make variations of this type when we need some fill at shows or have events that match the period. It is one of our favorite genre's of complex hilt. We actually have a couple styles we have on the list to add to the line at some point. Its just getting the time for prototypes and production set up. Never enough time in the day it seems. Happy We have also been making a major effort to get our custom back log down so a lot of energy has been going into that. It also means we should have some nice picks in the custom section soon.

Keep well
Craig
Chris Last

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig, you sire are a bucket of suck. And I mean that in the best possible way. Happy

Those Polehammers are indeed really neato. I almost picked one up at the end of the Bristol run, because it handles so nicely. One of these days when money falls from teh sky you and I are going to have some more serious conversations my friend.

" Hang fires are all fun and games untill someone gets their eye poked out... by charging calvary." - J.Shoemaker

Chris Last
GSM-Bristol
http://www.gsmbristol.org
Mackenzie Cosens

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Saxon style rapier         Reply with quote

Just an other vote for the Saxon Style Rapier. While both the A&A Milanese & Gustav Vasa are nice in their own way, I really prefer its clean, functional lines of this version. My bank account is lucking the Canadian dollar is falling like a dead loon.

Mackenzie

[/url]
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, that Saxon Style rapier is wonderful! If I hadn't just dumped a ton of money your way, I'd snatch that up! Happy (Seeing as one of the things I just bought from A&A was the Saxon Military Sword, I should just be content with what I have!)
HistoricalHandcrafts.com

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Steven Reich

PostPosted: Thu 23 Oct, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
Wow, that Saxon Style rapier is wonderful! If I hadn't just dumped a ton of money your way, I'd snatch that up! Happy (Seeing as one of the things I just bought from A&A was the Saxon Military Sword, I should just be content with what I have!)

Funny, I was about to say the same thing. That is, I already sent Craig all of my money, so I can't buy the Saxon Rapier (at least, not at the moment).

Steve

Founder of NoVA-Assalto, an affiliate of the HEMA Alliance
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 27 Oct, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Might as well keep the ball rolling :-)         Reply with quote

New Items from A&A

Here are two new daggers styles we are adding to our line of items. The #226 Chevalier Dagger and the #225 Knightly Dagger. These replicas are based on interesting originals that had caught our eye over the years and we wanted to update our dagger selection. Happy

Get the details here A&A News

Best
Craig
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 29 Oct, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig,
It's always good to see more quality daggers on the market. Happy These two are certainly unique. Any pics of the originals on which these are based?

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 30 Oct, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm really quite a fan of that Chevalier dagger. Did the Knightly Dagger replace the earlier Knightly dagger from the catalog?

Also, out of curiosity, is the Saxon rapier going to eventually be in the regular line up? Because it should be! Happy

HistoricalHandcrafts.com

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 30 Oct, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
I'm really quite a fan of that Chevalier dagger. Did the Knightly Dagger replace the earlier Knightly dagger from the catalog?

Was there a dagger called the "knightly"? There was the Classic and the Crusader (and others), but I don't remember one called the "Knightly". Though, I don't see the classic dagger on their main daggers page any more...

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 30 Oct, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Was there a dagger called the "knightly"? There was the Classic and the Crusader (and others), but I don't remember one called the "Knightly". Though, I don't see the classic dagger on their main daggers page any more...

I think you're right, Chad. I was just noticing how they were similar designs, and noticed how it doesn't appear to be on the website anymore.

HistoricalHandcrafts.com

Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 30 Oct, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Daggers and Saxon         Reply with quote

Hi Chad and Bill

I will track down some images Chad. You are correct the older wheel pommel dagger was the Classic. The Knightly will be a replacement for this style. There are a couple of the Classic left if anyone needs one. Happy I have in fact had a couple of queries about that.

The Saxon Rapier may appear in some form. We have a tendency to like the style a lot and there are many nice examples. Not sure if this one would be the exact style we would do. But if Bill wants to order a bunch of them for his troops we might think about it Wink

Keep Well
Craig
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 30 Oct, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Daggers and Saxon         Reply with quote

Craig Johnson wrote:

The Saxon Rapier may appear in some form. We have a tendency to like the style a lot and there are many nice examples. Not sure if this one would be the exact style we would do. But if Bill wants to order a bunch of them for his troops we might think about it Wink

Keep Well
Craig

Would a Saxon Rapier with a blade type more like the Cavalier or Dresden i.e. a wide cut and thrust blade be historically and aesthetically viable as I really like the Saxon hilt but sort of prefer the more general purpose war blades ( if one can define them that way ).

Just an option I might consider buying if it was a standard offering or a not overly expensive semi-custom option ?

Oh, the handling would have to make sense also and one shouldn't mix and match hilts and blades in stupid ways. Wink Laughing Out Loud

Although, any commitments to sword buying by me is going to have to wait until I am sure that this Market Correction, Crash, depression or just a nasty recession (?) has reached a bottom and I know how much I can still spend and not have to buy dog food even if I don't have a dog. Wink Worried Sad

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Highlight Fall Muster
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: