Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > What does screen time add to the value of an A&A Rapier? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 29 Aug, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: What does screen time add to the value of an A&A Rapier?         Reply with quote

I thought some might find this interesting in a couple different ways. As we have a great tradition of seeing the value in previously owned pieces around here and often see the interesting travels an item makes as it moves through the community, one can wonder over time what the value retention of a piece can be. It is a tricky thing and always comes down to what is a person willing to pay at the moment of purchase. Auctions are based on this very aspect, get them excited and have them compete. Ebay survives on this as do all the antique dealers in the world in a way.

Here is what I might classify as an extreme example. Here what one purchases has a value that is measured in the desire of the customer to own a piece has been some where unique.

Used A&A Rapier with Hanger

Though I suppose it is Clive Owen Happy

Have a great weekend everyone.

Craig
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 29 Aug, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Maybe justified if it's the actual one used in the film otherwise a bit strange.

One factor I think is timing as you mentioned and patience as some item offered for sale on the myArmoury marketplace are at times very attractively prices but don't sell right away.

If the seller need the money fast he or she may reduce the price to much in a fire sale but might get much more if they waited longer or put it back up for sale latter.

I have resisted temptation many times just because my available cash was already committed to a purchase.

Also, just bad luck that nobody at the time wants it now or can afford it now.

As to weird pricing I remember seeing a Lord Of The Rings film sword price at over $3000 in a local store selling " Medieval "
decorative stuff ! The same sword sold at very low prices closer to a couple of hundred dollars: There may be many different levels of quality offered in these LOTR swords, but it seemed like taking advantage of the ignorant unless this was a specific prop sword used in the film or " THE " prototype sword made for the film ?

Value may go up over long periods of time or if a sword is no longer being made and if someone really Really wants it. Wink Laughing Out Loud

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > What does screen time add to the value of an A&A Rapier?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic