Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > seeking an artist of armour Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Christopher VaughnStrever

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: seeking an artist of armour         Reply with quote

I have had an idea and wanted to elaborate this idea into reality of which could incure success or failure, of which outcome can be found by the creativity of a partnership involving the talent that I am lacking there within.

I have a succession of plot, characters and their towns of civilization, a fictional world that I have invisioned and named with geographical design, also including details of items that that will delve ones mind into this thickened, yet ever growing society within this world of limitless bounds.

A novel, a comic, a book... I figure on a book though desire much more than such.

My creation seeks to cause people the ability to grow and become attached to the emotional complex of each character. To come within a friendship with these characters. A desciption of every aspect involving such ones without telling of what the characters physically look like.

To make this simple for those that I lost already; I am writing a story and I am looking for someone that is capable of producing quality drawings and artwork for such a book that involves a fantasy/ yet reality of armour.

If such a person is found we would settle on a terms of agreement and create a partnership of sort. A writers protection of his work and an artist's protection of his/her work for each to gain equal profit. If there is anyone willing and qualified I would be highly interested in making a partnership with such one(s)

Reply to publisher comment below - In place of an added reply - I will be self publishing. I have spoken with local Book stores in the city in which I reside and can/will distribute myself with intention to expand to other cities

Experience and learning from such defines maturity, not a number of age

Last edited by Christopher VaughnStrever on Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bill Sahigan

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

wouldn't the publisher normally worry about this stuff?
James H.

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Sahigan wrote:
wouldn't the publisher normally worry about this stuff?

I think he is going to self publish. That would put this ball in his court I believe.
You should follow some of the links on the site, it has list of various armorers and such. Personally I like Jake Powning (his link is also on this site links section) He does beautiful fantasy artwork with his swords and knifes. Also I would research different Renaissance costumers (you could Google those)

http://www.scendan.com/lotrindex.htm this is one that does some LOTR types costumes. And she has a few other links as well.

On a second note you should tone down your flowery speech, it's kind of hard to follow.

Wink
James H.

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh, yeah. here's a link too.
http://www.deviantart.com/ This site has a bunch of free lance artist, most of them fantasy type too. Some are good some are not and others are down right awesome. I am sure you could find someone there who would work with you. They are post their work there and have a comment board and message box.

I always wanted to write a book about the adventures of a Werewolf cursed Knight and a talking raven who used to be a dragon. Wish you good luck on yours.

Big Grin
Josh MacNeil

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm an artist (and huge nerd) and I'm looking to do this kind of thing for a career. I'd love to be a part of this.
Christopher VaughnStrever

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Fri 15 Aug, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for the great refernces. Also Josh, please PM me with your E-mail and we can further delve into the subject a bit more. If anyone else is interested please let me know.

Actually I posted there and they are in another planet. Every one has their own cup of tea and how they like to sip it. Just here I prefer the way you all like your tea rather than over there at deviant art.

Experience and learning from such defines maturity, not a number of age

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > seeking an artist of armour
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic