Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > All Saints Sale, What to Buy Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Timothy Gulics

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: All Saints Sale, What to Buy         Reply with quote

Hello folks,

Some of you may know about the 10% off in-stock items at All Saints. Although my funds are limited, I feel this is a good time to pick up an Angus Trim due to the discount. Do you have any recommendations? Remember, this discount only applies to the items they have listed in stock on their page. If it applied to all, I'd be getting a Lady Carmen Wink

I'd like a good longsword or bastard sword. I'm considering this one:

http://www.allsaintsblades.com/images/at1518.2.jpg

... but would still like to hear your suggestions and stories about the Angus Trim swords that you own! Happy

The sword is my companion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Allen W

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

First let me say that I have no experience with ATrims-never seen one in person-but I always shied away from them for their ahistoric designs(their scent stopper pommels particularly look like furniture fittings-I know they aren't). Looking at the All Saint's line up this seems to be improving. I am especially attracted to their basket hilt ATB001. In the long sword line up MS1313, AT1415, and AS1561 look both the most attractive and historically type accurate.
Alexi Goranov
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

Reading list: 72 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: All Saints Sale, What to Buy         Reply with quote

Timothy Gulics wrote:
Hello folks,

Some of you may know about the 10% off in-stock items at All Saints. Although my funds are limited, I feel this is a good time to pick up an Angus Trim due to the discount. Do you have any recommendations? Remember, this discount only applies to the items they have listed in stock on their page. If it applied to all, I'd be getting a Lady Carmen Wink

I'd like a good longsword or bastard sword. I'm considering this one:

http://www.allsaintsblades.com/images/at1518.2.jpg

... but would still like to hear your suggestions and stories about the Angus Trim swords that you own! Happy

Sorry Timothy,

The Lady Carmen isn't in stock because of me. Big Grin . It is one sweet sword, even if its pommel may look like furniture fitting.
I was going for a XIIa, so my choices (even though there are more of this type) were 1415, and 1562. The fact that 1415 was not in stock and that it had shorter blade sealed it for me. Also there were 2 threads here that praised Lady Carmen so highly that I just had to have it. If I had your options I would have gone with 1415, mostly because of aesthetics and personal interests. In general I do not think that you can go wrong with any ATrim.

Tell us what you get.

Alexi
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Actually, Josh and I are going to be updating that list this week. There's a bit of new stuff that needs to go up on the site, like the first greatswords, the AT1433 {type XVIa, 35 inch blade, just over 3lbs} the AT1563 {think Lady Carmen, but a different "dress", longer blade and longer hilt}, and a new four fullered longsword {36 inch blade, 2.25 inch wide at the cross, 3.37lbs}........need to make room for the new stuff........

more longswords going up:

MS1503
MS1504
AT1561 {yep there's another one}
AT1547

and both the AT1433 and AT1563 are included in the special..... though it would likely be faster to message James Byrnes to get photos than wait for AllSaints at the moment since AS is moving again.......James has a couple of review swords........

swords are fun
Gary Venable

Reading list: 16 books

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Timothy,

I recently got one of the Lady Carmen long swords and I can't say enough good things about. For the price it is incredible. Even with out the price (which is a bargin in my mind) it is a very impressive sword.

Gary

Gary
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: They are all great.         Reply with quote

Just choose the sword that you find the most aestheticly appealing. You really can't go wrong. All Saints' has a pretty liberal return policy.

That being said the 1612 is a fantastic sword and more than 10% off. It's a natural. Tracks well. Cut's well. Trusts well. And all of that is even before you finger the ricasso. This is one of my favorite swords. I think that it handles better then the MS1503 Seneschal which received rave reviews when it was first released and is an excellent sword in it's own right.

The AT1561 German Longsword is another great sword. This is a sword that you'd want to use with 2 hands not because of the weight but because of the 9" handle. Great for winden. The only problem with the sword was the handle wrap. While well executed was just too "thick" for my hands to be comfortable (I do have small hands). . . so I replaced the wrap. The AT1561 is now my favorite longsword.

The AT1420 is a nice longsword that is more oriented tword the thrust but still has nice cutting ability. This is a sword that looks much better in person than in the pics.

That's all I have to say about the swords that are in stock.
Timothy Gulics

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you for your comments. I too agree with the 1313, it's right along the lines of what I like. And curse you, Alexi! Wink I'll have a Carmen soon enough!

I can't wait for the new ones... it will make my decision all the more difficult.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Timothy Gulics wrote:
Thank you for your comments. I too agree with the 1313, it's right along the lines of what I like. And curse you, Alexi! Wink I'll have a Carmen soon enough!

I can't wait for the new ones... it will make my decision all the more difficult.

Hi Tim

I had a brain fart earlier, I wrote 1561 when I meant 1562. There is another 1562 here.........

Auld Dawg

swords are fun
Timothy Gulics

PostPosted: Tue 06 Apr, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Mr. Trim Happy

So you have a Carmen in stock? She's in good shape, yes? Should I mention this when I place the order, so I can get the 10% off?

Thanks!
Tim

Timothy Gulics

PostPosted: Wed 07 Apr, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Damn! Now A&A is offering 5% off purchases to the contest entrants. All these sales!
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Wed 07 Apr, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Timothy Gulics wrote:
Hello Mr. Trim Happy

So you have a Carmen in stock? She's in good shape, yes? Should I mention this when I place the order, so I can get the 10% off?

Thanks!
Tim

hi Tim

Actually, I have an unfinished blade, and have all of the other components finished. The blade has been thru heat treat, and is rough ground, so the finishing puts it in "good shape"........

Auld Dawg

swords are fun
Timothy Gulics

PostPosted: Wed 07 Apr, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, Angus. I think I'll hold off and save my money for the CF Borderwatch. I don't want to have you scramble to put a Carmen together, either Happy

The A&A sale is also tempting... a great gesture on their part... but with their prices, I can't save much. Borderwatch it is!

Alexi Goranov
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

Reading list: 72 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 07 Apr, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Timothy Gulics wrote:
Thanks for replying, Angus. I think I'll hold off and save my money for the CF Borderwatch. I don't want to have you scramble to put a Carmen together, either Happy

The A&A sale is also tempting... a great gesture on their part... but with their prices, I can't save much. Borderwatch it is!

Hi Tim,

What is the "Borderwatch"? I could not find such sword on CF's site, and I am very curious Big Grin

Alexi.
Felix Wang

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Wed 07 Apr, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

"Borderwatch" is CF's term for the sword Atrim refers to as the Ranger, mark II. Just to avoid any confusion on the part of the public, I guess.
Timothy Gulics

PostPosted: Wed 07 Apr, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sorry about that... yes, Borderwatch is the Ranger II. CF is using one of two Angus Trim blades and his own custom hilt components. Happy

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > All Saints Sale, What to Buy
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic