Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > My Redeemer is here! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: My Redeemer is here!         Reply with quote

My Redeemer arrived today! It has exceeded my expectations. My hat's off to both Gus and Christian for a job well done. I ordered it in a dark brown/mahogany and it turned out great! My preliminary impression is that it is a very well balanced and responsive sword--it feels alive in the hand. It should be a strong and efficient cutter. The scabbard and belt are impressive as well. Christian even sent a certificate confirming it is 4/25. Here's the pic Christian sent of the finished product. I'll try to get more pics this weekend.

Attachment: 123.27 KB
HPIM0405.jpg

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow
J.G. Grubbs

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats, Steve! That's a very nice looking sword and scabbard! Ilook forward to more pics and your impressions on the blade.

Regards,

"The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour."
Samurai Proverb

James Grubbs
Aaron Justice

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: My Redeemer is here!         Reply with quote

Steve Maly wrote:
My Redeemer arrived today! It has exceeded my expectations. My hat's off to both Gus and Christian for a job well done. I ordered it in a dark brown/mahogany and it turned out great! My preliminary impression is that it is a very well balanced and responsive sword--it feels alive in the hand. It should be a strong and efficient cutter. The scabbard and belt are impressive as well. Christian even sent a certificate confirming it is 4/25. Here's the pic Christian sent of the finished product. I'll try to get more pics this weekend.

Congrats on the sword man. Too bad these sold out before I got a chance to pawn off some stuff (or sell a kidney on the black market. I wanted a Boromir inspired blade so much i was forced to go to John Lundemo to get one made. And now we're working out a Rohan inspired blade too.

How can there be a perfect sword when PEOPLE come in all shapes and sizes too?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scott Byler

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That is a beauty, Steve. Ofcourse, you'll get tired of it soon, I'm sure ... when that happens you can send it to me for safekeeping... Wink I would, seriously, have loved to have got one of these. But, money was an issue. Congrats on the sword. Happy
Scott Byler

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: My Redeemer is here!         Reply with quote

Aaron Justice wrote:
Congrats on the sword man. Too bad these sold out before I got a chance to pawn off some stuff (or sell a kidney on the black market. I wanted a Boromir inspired blade so much i was forced to go to John Lundemo to get one made. And now we're working out a Rohan inspired blade too.

So, what kind of sword you have in mind for the Rohirric inspired piece? Those swords are among my favorites of movie swords... I designed a sword several years ago for Theoden that had 2 horses on the crossguard. They didn't curve down, though, as in the films. It was along with a viking pommel style. I discarded it figuring that I'd probably get laughed at for the horse motifs (for some reason I figured many would think it silly). Wish I'd gone with it now, so I could claim to have been breaking that ground before the films came out. (I in fact have a 2 handed version sitting in my sword design folder, horse heads and all. Looks pretty nice, too. Just another thing I can't afford to have made... sigh...)
Aaron Justice

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My Redeemer is here!         Reply with quote

Scott Byler wrote:
So, what kind of sword you have in mind for the Rohirric inspired piece? Those swords are among my favorites of movie swords... I designed a sword several years ago for Theoden that had 2 horses on the crossguard. They didn't curve down, though, as in the films. It was along with a viking pommel style. I discarded it figuring that I'd probably get laughed at for the horse motifs (for some reason I figured many would think it silly). Wish I'd gone with it now, so I could claim to have been breaking that ground before the films came out. (I in fact have a 2 handed version sitting in my sword design folder, horse heads and all. Looks pretty nice, too. Just another thing I can't afford to have made... sigh...)

This was started at the other forum.

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29728

How can there be a perfect sword when PEOPLE come in all shapes and sizes too?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Reed

PostPosted: Thu 22 Jan, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

ConGrat Steve,
Great Looking Sword

Glory Is the Reward For Valor
JPREED
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 22 Jan, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

We will expect a timely and detailed review in short order!! Big Grin
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Robert Zamoida

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I got mine last night, I'm soooo happy!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I'll post some pictures of mine as well this weekend.

Rob Zamoida
"When your life is on the line, you want to make use of all your tools. No warrior should be willing to die with his swords at his sides, without having made use of his tools."
-Miyamoto Mushashi, Gorin no Sho
Gary Venable

Reading list: 16 books

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Robert Zamoida wrote:
I got mine last night, I'm soooo happy!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I'll post some pictures of mine as well this weekend.

Robert what number was yours? 6 of 25? Just curious, I have a friend who has 19 of 25 and we are both watching to see who has theirs so far to kind of track it.

Gary
Robert Zamoida

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gary Venable wrote:

Robert what number was yours? 6 of 25? Just curious, I have a friend who has 19 of 25 and we are both watching to see who has theirs so far to kind of track it.

Yes it is Happy

Rob Zamoida
"When your life is on the line, you want to make use of all your tools. No warrior should be willing to die with his swords at his sides, without having made use of his tools."
-Miyamoto Mushashi, Gorin no Sho
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations, Steve !

A very nice looking piece you got there ! , Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Steve Maly

Reading list: 23 books

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here's some more pics. I tried some cutting on milk jugs. I got 6 good cuts before the loss of hydrostatic tension (or my loss of good form) ended the round on the first jug. It is a nice visual cue for cutting as the fuller ends right at the COP. As you can see in the pics, the fittings aren't fully blued, but this must the the "antiqued" option that Christian is now offering. Very nice indeed. It just makes the furniture "pop". Enjoy...

Attachment: 101.27 KB
DSC00196a.jpg
Close-up of hilt

Attachment: 101.13 KB
DSC00194a.jpg
Redeemer in Scabbard

Attachment: 95.67 KB
DSC00197a.jpg
Redeemer in its full glory!

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail." ~A. Maslow
Joel Whitmore

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Beautiful Sword Steve         Reply with quote

That is one impressive sword and we see more and more of Christian's talent. I am absolutely in love with that scabbard Big Grin It is amazing what can be done with wood and leather.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That really does look great. I want to especially thank you for sharing the photos with us.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Only a month or two before I get mine. Looking at your sword I'm glad I went with Mahogany.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Jon C. Webb

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Beautiful!
Mine will be #18; I'm also glad I went with the mahogany. Looking forward to handling a Big Grin real sword.
Jon C. Webb

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was thrilled to get my Redeemer yesterday- a beautiful piece, light and agile. This is an education for me, to handle a real sword- it confirms what I've been reading on this site for the past 6 months. Thanks to all who contribute to the education of us neophytes.
"So I opened my door to my enemies
and I said 'Can we wipe the slate clean?'
They told me to please go @*$% myself:
You know, you just can't win."
Pink Floyd
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

IMHO this one is the most impressive sword by CF to date. The detailing in the scabbard is particularly impressive.

Congratulations on a fine sword, and thanks for sharing.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Fredrik Hörnell

PostPosted: Sat 03 Apr, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I really liked Boromirs sword, wery "manly" Big Grin

This seems like a wery good version, pleasing lines - god work AT and CF!

(To bad i could not aquire one for myself..)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > My Redeemer is here!
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: