Makers Mark
I wanted to know if anyone has seen this makers mark before?

It is off a very fine blade that I believe is Victorian hilted. I have seen these hilts elsewhere a time or two, but they were with substandard blades. This blade on the other hand is the real deal. It is perfection in design, geometry and feel. The weapon when handled is very light and moves with the ease of a lighter rapier.

What I might have here is more of a composite weapon with an older blade. I have seen and handled Victorian Copies before and there is usually something not quite right with them. It is also usually with the blades. However, this one is right. If it is contemporary to the hilt, which I assume to be a Victorian, then there existed one heck of a bladesmith using his great skill to create a reproduction. If only such skill existed today. I own quite a few modern reproduction pieces and none of them hold a candle to this.
Hi Dave,

Don't have a clue about the mark, but I was invited to Wilkinson Sword when they had shut the factory and were getting ready to auction everything off.

They had a rack full of all kinds of strange blades they had made, hundreds of them so there were a lot of interesting blades being made in the Victorian era and then there were European, Germans making really fine medieval copies also.

That does not mean I think yours is Victorian, hope you find the maker and or the date.

Lawrence

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: