Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > New myspace slide show Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
David Huggins

PostPosted: Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: New myspace slide show         Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Myself and fellow forumite Bruce Tordoff have just placed a new slide show on our myspace site that might interest some of you,

The slide show contains pics of reproductions we own or have made and there are a number of weapons, some of the images are a bit 'arty' and may not be obvious!

Check out www.myspace.com/jorvik_vikingr

Moderator please accept our apologies if this contravenes site etiquette.

best
Dave and Bruce

and he who stands and sheds blood with us, shall be as a brother.
Michal Plezia
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Wed 16 Apr, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I like those movies.Nicely done,made me feel like the viking for a while Cool
www.elchon.com

Polish Guild of Knifemakers

The sword is a weapon for killing, the art of the sword is the art of killing. No matter what fancy words you use or what titles you put to
it that is the only truth.
Ken Speed

PostPosted: Wed 16 Apr, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

David Hello!

Great stuff! I especially like the first one. Quite an achievement to tell a story and set a mood in such a short film. Congratulations. Its like haiku film.

You have some interesting links as well. There was a Viking group at the Higgins Armoury Museum here in Massachusetts at one time but it doesn't seem to be active any longer.

Thanks,

Ken Speed
Bruce Tordoff
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 17 Apr, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cheers Michal and Ken, for the kind comments, especially the comparison to a haiku with our epic "movie"(Lol!).This is indeed praise and just makes our small effort the more worthwhile. Hopefully we will be doing a "sequel" in the not too distant future. But this time with combat, its going to be fight directed by a film industry fight coordinator friend of the group. We aim to portray a Holmgangr in as authentic way as possible.
All the best, Bruce.
Ken Speed

PostPosted: Thu 17 Apr, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Bruce,

You wrote, " We aim to portray a Holmgangr in as authentic way as possible." Bruce that's great but I wonder if you are aware of the guidelines governing Holmgangr recreations? Nils "Stubby" Arnulfson codified these and has been instrumental in attempting to get them recognized by all historical reenactors. They're fairly simple so I'll list them for you.

1. Reenactors should avoid knocking each other unconscious for periods longer than 30 minutes. If a participant is out for more than 30 minutes the authorities should be notified immediately. Suggesting that the comatose participant, "walked into a door" is highly recommended!

2. At no time should a reenactor or reenactors be separated from a body part, no matter how small! The authorities have no sense of humor about these occurances. Non-injured participants should consider relocating to a different legal jurisdiction and changing their names immediately.

As you can easily tell, attending to these simple rules can make your holmgangr recreation much less stressful. Its always better to know what to do when someone loses a body part! Get yourselves bandages and plenty of plasma and some false passports and go for it! Remember Stubbies saying , A happy holmgangr is.." He forgot the rest. he took a few too many shots to the head!

Good Luck!

Ken Speed

"Don't tell my mother I'm in politics, she thinks I'm a piano player in a bordello" American saying from the 30's

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > New myspace slide show
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic