Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Atntiques and Albions @ Epcot Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Atntiques and Albions @ Epcot         Reply with quote

I was wandering around the "Viking" Section of Disney's Epcot Center in Florida and came across a small display of Olaf II. There he was wielding a Albion Clontarf Viking. Very cool! I didn't expect that at all. But what was even better was the 2 original 10th Century Swords included with the display as well as an original Spear head. All of the antiques were on loan from Norway i believe. The swords were fantastic. Though they were extremely corroded I could still make out the pattern welding. I could also see the inlay pattern on the hilt as well as how the two piece pommel was assembled.

Getting to see the antiques was the highlight of my vacation. According to Disney's information guide they partnered with a museum, sorry forget which one, to put the display together. The little details were nice. The shield was trimmed with rawhide and even the clothes that the statues were wearing seemed very accurate, oh and Olaf II was the only one carrying a sword. The other manikin had a sax and an axe.

So if you have some time, go see it. It'll knock your socks off. Sorry I don't have any pictures my camera battery had died by the time I got there.
Christopher Gregg

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Fri 16 Jan, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was there in Spring of '06, and got some pics of the Albion (Vinland) and the excavated weapons. My camera is pretty old, so they're not real great, but I'll try to post them this weekend.
Christopher Gregg

'S Rioghal Mo Dhream!
Christopher Gregg

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Sun 01 Feb, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Pics of weapons in the Epcot Norway exhibit         Reply with quote

I've finally figured out how to post pictures from my cheesy old digital camera. As promised, here are the weapons from my '06 visit to Epcot's Norway exhibit.
Christopher Gregg

'S Rioghal Mo Dhream!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Atntiques and Albions @ Epcot
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic