Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > First post, first sword, etc Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Justin B.

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Thu 20 Mar, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: First post, first sword, etc         Reply with quote

Well, I figure that I should get around to this sooner or later, and today seems like as good a day as any, as I've just ordered my first sword (as opposed to sword-like objects, several of which mysteriously followed me home from Germany about ten years ago) Wink

The other day I finally got a chance to ring up Albion and add my name to the queue, and after much self-debate, I settled on a Gaddhjalt. With a little bit of luck, I'm hoping to have it in my grubby mitts by the end of June. And true to form, Mike tried to talk me into doing with hot pink for the grip! (Though oxblood won out in the end.)

Having said all that, I'd also like to thank all the regular and sometime contributors to these forums: in the six or eight months that I've been lurking around here, I think I've learnt more (directly or otherwise) than in the two or three years of poking around search engines that came before. Hopefully someday soon I'll be able to join the ranks of useful contributors!
William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Thu 20 Mar, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Welcome aboard and congrats on your Albion order....

Cheers

Bill

Roanoke Sword Guilde

roanokeswordguilde@live.com
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc
Tim May

PostPosted: Thu 20 Mar, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great choice, if I had the means the Gaddhjalt would definitely be on the short list of Albions, the simplicity of its design and its proportions just seem right, for lack of a better word. be sure to post the photos when you get it. Oh, and the wait will be painful at (many) times, as I can only imagine (I only own 2 Windlass from KoA, where a 5 day wait feels like an eternity, months just might be too much to handle), but when you take it out of the box it is all worth it.
Congrats!
Justin B.

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Thu 20 Mar, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks both! I've been eyeing this sword for... I don't know, a long time now. Ever since I found Albion, which has been over a year now, I think. I'm of the exact same opinion regarding the lines and proportions of the sword, and couldn't put it better myself. It's just right.

I'm kinda hoping that I 'forget' I've ordered the sword soon. Kind of like finally falling alseep on Christmas Eve as a kid: all of a sudden it's there, and life is good. Or I might just drive myself mad waiting! Photos will certainly be forthcoming.
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 20 Mar, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Excellent choice Justin!

The Gaddjhalt is one of my favorites. The only reason I haven't gotten one is that I have a Norman which has the same blade, but a bit shorter. The Gaddjhalt has such an historic design.

Jeremy

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > First post, first sword, etc
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic