Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > I did it I order my first sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
J. Malick

PostPosted: Mon 25 Feb, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: I did it I order my first sword         Reply with quote

Well this morning I finally did it and ordered my first sword. I ended up going with the Albion Sovereign with the steel pommel and brown grip. I also ordered campaign scabbard and belt for it in brown with a steel cap. In a short 16 weeks this baby will be all mine. I am so excited.
Thank You all for tolerating my many question on my path to picking this sword you are all great and friendly people.
Eric Spitler

PostPosted: Mon 25 Feb, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, sounds like you're off to a great start...now prepare for the most excruciating, nail-biting wait imaginable... Happy
"I never heard a corpse ask how it got so cold."
- Richard, The Lion in Winter
Rex Metcalf

Reading list: 43 books

PostPosted: Mon 25 Feb, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

An excellent eye you got there! Cool I've been looking pretty hard at the Sheriff....last year
I bought a Gaddhjalt and Reeve....Now I'm torn between buying a Norman and a Sheriff.....
Or a Norman and a Bayeux.....only one thing is for certain....I will definitely get a Norman Cool
congratulations on your sword....May she serve you well.

Rex D. Metcalf
Anders Backlund

PostPosted: Mon 25 Feb, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratualtions. I hope you enjoy your Sovereign. Happy

I should also order my first sword today, actually. Currently trying to work up the courage to get over my email anxiety. Wink

The sword is an ode to the strife of mankind.

"This doesn't look easy... but I bet it is!"
-Homer Simpson.
Jon H.

PostPosted: Mon 25 Feb, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Once again, I'm green with envy. I'm scraping together some funds now to make my first purchase. Although, I think I'll have the money long before I actually make a bloody decision! My list of wanted Albions keeps growing: Valkyrja, Knud, Sovereign, Prince, Landgraf, Gallowglass... Dane. Eek!

And that's just the Albions! I also wouldn't mind having a Cervenka Schiavona or a piece from Vince Evans or Jake Powning (though the latter two won't be happening anytime soon). Oh well. Razz
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 25 Feb, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations! I one day hope to own a Knight or Norman myself.

M.

This space for rent or lease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
J. D. Carter

PostPosted: Mon 25 Feb, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

We want pictures upon it's arrival please. Even better I see Arizona for your location. I have a nice cutting stand hint hint. I promise not to turn more than 3 shades of green when I see the Albion.

You wouldn't happen to have a stigmatism that would ,oh I don't know, cause you to be unable to tell your blade from say a Windlass type XIIa if your glasses got stepped on would you?

Congrats.
J. Malick

PostPosted: Mon 25 Feb, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey J. D. Carter what part of Arizona do you live in? And while I do wear glasses I am sure I could still tell the difference Ha Ha.
J. D. Carter

PostPosted: Mon 25 Feb, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

We're about 85 miles WNW of Phoenix. Wickenburg is probably the closest place you've heard of unless your familier with the big empty...hah, that would be what, about 87% of the state ? Empty that is.
Thomas Watt

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Tue 26 Feb, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations first of all. I think you made an excellent pick.

And condolences as well.
Because now it begins... once you start to listen to the call of a blade, you'll find others that start calling to you too.
Not that that's a bad thing really. Just that it can be expensive.

Have 11 swords, 2 dirks, half a dozen tomahawks and 2 Jeeps - seem to be a magnet for more of all.
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Wed 27 Feb, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That's Awesome J. Malick! Just Awesome! I mean you started with full blown Class! The Sovereign is a gorgeous sword and with the scabbard, well this is just plain downright Class Exclamation In that not only will you have a very fine sword but you'll be able to wear it too!

Bob
J. Malick

PostPosted: Thu 28 Feb, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Bob Burns especially for your helpful responses to my posts. It was a tough choice but this blade kept calling ne back to it.
Peter Lewis

PostPosted: Thu 28 Feb, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Congratulations         Reply with quote

Congratulations, I can still recall the day when I got my first sword and the day I got my first knife sa well. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Kelly Powell

PostPosted: Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats! I was looking at albions beserkr (really love single edge blades) But i think I'll talk myself out of it and try to make a long sax out of a big chainsaw bar instead (I have a nice medium sax from a standard chainsaw bar so the second should be easier)
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Fri 29 Feb, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Kelly, I have the Berserkr and I won't ever part with it Exclamation Yeah it's expensive, that's for sure, but WOW what a sword!
I do a lot of jug cutting and with this sword I can cut the same jug umpteen times from the top to the bottom!
I just could not resist tempting you! Laughing Out Loud
Bob
Anders Backlund

PostPosted: Fri 29 Feb, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

*sigh* Seems like I'll have to wait two months for mine. (Darksword Squire. Currently out of stock, so they need to forge new ones.) Sad

Oh well, it's just time, I guess.

The sword is an ode to the strife of mankind.

"This doesn't look easy... but I bet it is!"
-Homer Simpson.
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Fri 29 Feb, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howdy there Anders and J. Malick, I sure can empathize with both of you on "The Waiting Period", this is a tough one but it's also for me and many others I've heard and read express this dilemma, that makes the whole ordering process which is a big part of our hobby, that makes the rewards so treasured Exclamation
The longest wait period I ever had was 5 months for my Arms & Armor "Edward III Sword", and I did not have anything custom done as I almost did, which would have been a hollow ground blade like the original, then it might have been 8 months. Laughing Out Loud
I ordered the Edward III Sword in early September, had it paid for by the end of October and I got it in February, however I was the last one in the boat on an unusual large request for this very sword, there were five of us in the Edward III Boat!
But when I got that sword, oh man was I ever one "happy camper"! Some things are worth waiting for and this sword was definitely one of those things Exclamation
Once the both of you have received your swords, especially you J. Malick with this being your very first sword, not to undermine the value of Anders acquisition, "but you only get that first sword once" Exclamation And this first sword is none other than the Albion Sovereign, which is one of my favorite swords that Albion makes!
I hope to hear from you Anders and you too J. Malick, when you guys get your swords!
I get a spiritual lift and I like to share the joy when one of my fellow myArmoury Member's gets that special acquisition!
Whether it's a $2,000.00 sword or a $200.00 sword, what matters is the level of the meaning of that sword, etc., means to the person getting it, not the price Exclamation Happy

Bob

J. Malick, I am truly grateful that I had any impact in helping you out! Thanks very much!
J. Malick

PostPosted: Sat 01 Mar, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will definently post my opinions of the sword once I have it. But in the mean time I still needed to get a cutting stand I am thinking about going with the one from sword fodder. I also need to get a good pair of gloves.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > I did it I order my first sword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic