Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Looking for information on Inara's bow in Serenity Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Lafayette C Curtis

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Looking for information on Inara's bow in Serenity         Reply with quote

I recently watched the feature film version of Serenity (not the Firefly pilot episode, that is), and I recall the character Inara using an interesting bow-like appliance in the final stand against the Reavers--but I've been totally unable to find more information about it. Does anybody know where I can find more about the concept and the mechanism of this weapon?
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Do you mean that automatic crossbow thing? If so, I'd say that it's governed by the same subset of physics that applies to phasers, lightsabers and Squall's gunblade. I doubt anyone put enough thought into the design to produce something that might ever actually work. They just wanted a cool looking movie prop. My apologies to Joss Whedon if I'm mistaken.
Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Zak N. Stansell

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, according to the bonus stuff, Inara originally had a different weapon (I think it was just a fancy bow), but it didn't look good on camera, so they CGd in another weapon to make her look 'cool.' The thingy she carries in the film was never built in RL.

Now I need to see the movie again to make sure. Such is my bitter fate. Laughing Out Loud

Zak
Matthew D G

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Fri 09 Nov, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

SCI-FI crossbow kinda like the Wookie bowcaster from starwars.
Lafayette C Curtis

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ah. Too bad. I thought it might have been something like the Dynabo ( http://sagittarius.student.utwente.nl/artikel/compound/comp3.html ) ...

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Looking for information on Inara's bow in Serenity
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic