Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Help regarding the A&A Lord of Milan? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Anders Backlund

PostPosted: Mon 12 Nov, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Help regarding the A&A Lord of Milan?         Reply with quote

Does anyone here have a decent picture of the Arms & Armour Lord of Milan sword?

It's a personal favourite of mine; I consider it one of the most beautiful swords ever. But now they've seem to have discontinued it entirely for some insane reason. Since I recently lost most of my vast collection of sword pictures, I've been trying to find it again with no success. Sad
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Mon 12 Nov, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I happen to own one. I'll see about getting you some decent pictures, although it might not be until tomorrow when I can get out into the morning light.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Anders Backlund

PostPosted: Mon 12 Nov, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That's awesome. I appreciate the effort. Happy
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Mon 12 Nov, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here is a link for you: http://www.arms-n-armor.com/2000/catalog/item077gall.html
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Alright some pictures...         Reply with quote

I noted years ago that the Lord of Milan was one of Arms and Armor's sleepers and something that people should really check into. It is a very nice single handed sword in the handling department and it doesn't look to bad either! Of course then I promptly went and ignored my own advice. There were just to many sexier A&A offerings that I wanted to pick up first... Imagine my chagrin when I realized that they had dropped it from their catalog! Anyway, someone at another forum mentioned theirs in a thread there and I noted how ill I was that I'd never managed to pick one up. They guy contacts me privately and mentions that he would be perfectly willing to unload his. I jumped at the chance and that's how this particular piece came to be in my possession.

Here's some pictures I quickly snapped this morning. I was a bit aggravated when I noted some light rust on the cross... guess who is going to have the scotchbrite wheel going tonight?

Anders Backlund

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger: That's great! They'd changed their main page so I assumed the old one was gone.

Russ: Wow. That's way beyond my expectations. Kickass! Big Grin

Thanks a bundle, both of you! Happy

Last edited by Anders Backlund on Tue 13 Nov, 2007 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Why did A&A retire it? On their site it said unavailable at the moment - perhaps they are going to redesign it and just haven't been able to get around to it.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:
Why did A&A retire it? On their site it said unavailable at the moment - perhaps they are going to redesign it and just haven't been able to get around to it.

Not a clue... it might be like you are saying perhaps they are redesigning it. That would be great!

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Roger Hooper wrote:

This was my understanding: they were going to redesign it to make it more like its historical inspiration. It's not that the original is not historical or bad, it just didn't come as close to the actual sword's inspiration as they want it to at this point. I believe they have had more first-hand study of the original but I might be wrong. Regardless, it's been out of the line-up forever so I wouldn't imagine seeing it again any time soon. Again, I might be wrong on that, too. Happy

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 13 Nov, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Outstanding, I'll have to wander home tonight and look up the original to see what we might be getting into...
Walter Stockwell

Reading list: 3 books

PostPosted: Wed 14 Nov, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think the original was in the museum in Aosta... Beautiful sword. Imagine this A&A sword made by some master artisans with a big budget. Happy
Walter
www.stockwellknives.com
Anders Backlund

PostPosted: Wed 14 Nov, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Outstanding, I'll have to wander home tonight and look up the original to see what we might be getting into...

I just hope it's closer to the old A&A model then to the other reproductions I managed to find. Somehow they'd managed to miss pretty much everything I loved about the A&A Lord. Worried

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Help regarding the A&A Lord of Milan?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic