Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Seaxes found at the British Museum Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Jeremy V. Krause

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 31 Mar, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:

Glad you didn't do yourself worse damage like cutting some tendons, a vein or artery.

I would guess that it was a question of " point control " in that your point drifted back when out of the sheath instead of strait out !? Maybe a general tendency to pull a blade back to get more power out of a strike ? ( Cocking the wrist ??? )

Also, point control in the sense that one should always be aware of were it's pointing as well as were the edge is next to.

Probably a good idea to try these things out progressing from dead slow to quarter speed, half speed and finally full speed when the motion and control is acquired.

Anyway, it might be " educational " for us and you to know how you did this to yourself ? Use something harmless like a wooden ruler and repeated the motion and see exactly what you are doing as opposed to what you thought you were doing.

Thanks Jean,

this is excellent advice. As someone with no martial arts training and no one to bounce ideas off of I appreciate your thoughts which really make sense. I will get back to this soon- I am off to explore Osaka. BTW the leg continues to improve and the stitches should be ready to come out in about a week. I will let you guys in on my little secret- I am going to let my wife remove them- she is a scientist who does things to rats- lot's of "things" to rats. I know I am not a rat but I am not about to pay a Japanese doctor a gazillion yen to do this very minor job.

Have a great day- or night- or whatever. . .
Jeremy

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Seaxes found at the British Museum
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: