Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > lutel Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Gabriele Becattini

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: lutel         Reply with quote

someone could tell me the way for contacting the cezch armourer Lutel(e-mail, fax etc.)?
thank you[/u]
Hugh Fuller

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here is the information from Lutel's contact page:

ADDRESS - ADRESA
"LUTEL"
Krnovská 13
Opava
746 01
CZECH REPUBLIC
Tel.: OFFICE 8.00 - 15.00 number +420 553 611 682

E-Mail: lutel@lutel.cz

Hugh
Still trying to walk in the Light
Please see 1 John 1:5
Gabriele Becattini

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: thank you         Reply with quote

thank you Hugh, have you ordered some sword from lutel? do you know the quality of his work?
Hugh Fuller

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As I said in my reply t your PM, I have a dagger that I bought from Art Elwell that was very solidly made and finished in a manner appropriate to the price.

Remember that Lutel is not one swordsmith but a company of them. I do not have one of their swords but I have heard good things about them adn the ones that I have handled seem to be solid, workmanlike products. I will not be ordering any swords for a bit as I am on a waiting list for a Patrick Barta sword that sells for 2200 EUROs and that is a very high price for me.

Hugh
Mikko Kuusirati

Reading list: 13 books

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Years back, I used to have a second-hand LUTEL longsword (the 15018), and was quite happy with it. Very solid, simple workmanlike quality - not like Albion or anything, not as dynamic or sleek or historically accurate as some higher-end beauties, but I really liked it. It wasn't perfect in any way, but it looked good enough, and felt good and reliable. Amazing value for the money, too. I only sold it because I hit a rough patch, economically, and had to cover rent... And now I find myself seriously contemplating a 15009. Happy

There's also a number of LUTEL pieces covered in the Reviews section. That all the reviews are decidedly positive must mean something...

PS. "Solid" and "workmanlike" seem to be the operative words, eh, Hugh? Happy

"And sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
— Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Communications with them is normally easy and prompt.

They do keep an online waiting list up to date so you can see where you are in their list.

IMO a good value, but not as good for those of us in the US as it was when the CZK currency traded at about half its current value against the dollar. Not the most historically accurate, but not the least either. Solid workmanship. Dependable construction. Most important, reliable delivery and good management of expectations. I'm currently in their line.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I own and have handled several Lutel swords and daggers. Their workmanship is superb and their quality is excellent. I took the hilt assembly off my sword (the pommel screws off) and was amazed to find the strongest weld and thickest pommel screw I have ever seen on a sword! In short my Lutel is built like a tank but handles real well for its size and weight. They're good money invested for a good sword.
Hugh Fuller

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gabriele, you do not say where you live. If it is in the USA or Canada, you may wish to contact Art Elwell at his site http://www.a-work-of-art.net/. He is a dealer for Lutel in the States and keeps an inventory of their products on hand. If he has what you want, he can ship it right away instead of the waiting period that Lutel has. It will cost a bit more, but I found it worth it. The list of Lutels on hand is not on his site but he will email it if you email him at aelwell45@email.msn.com .
Hugh
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hugh Fuller wrote:
Gabriele, you do not say where you live. If it is in the USA or Canada, you may wish to contact Art Elwell at his site http://www.a-work-of-art.net/. He is a dealer for Lutel in the States and keeps an inventory of their products on hand. If he has what you want, he can ship it right away instead of the waiting period that Lutel has. It will cost a bit more, but I found it worth it. The list of Lutels on hand is not on his site but he will email it if you email him at aelwell45@email.msn.com .

I have also purchased Lutel's from Art in the past.

He is very easy to work with as well and is a great way to get around doing an international deal if you're not comfortable.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Christopher Lee

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

About 18 months ago i bought a long sword (15024) from Lutel; found them very easy to deal with, good communications and very accomodating. The long sword is really well put together, solid but at the same time beautifully balanced with a really nice level of finish. Essentially, if i had the money to by more of their stuff, i wouldn't heistate.
C
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hugh Fuller wrote:

I also got my Lutel from Art and he is excellent in his service and dealing. I concur that you should definitely check with him to see if he has your desired model in stock. He stocks a lot of their daggers as well as swords and other weapons.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > lutel
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic