Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Jug Cutting Ideas Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sat 11 Aug, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Jug Cutting Ideas         Reply with quote

Today I decided I would do some cutting of water filled plastic jugs, as they are really piling up, in fact I did a count after gathering them all from the basement where the most of them were and the garage. Final count, 83. Laughing Out Loud
Here is an idea I came up with to transport the most of them out of the basement to the front lawn (neighborhood entertainment). Evil Most of the jugs are gallon water jugs, but I've got some large laundry detergent jugs and some really large cat litter jugs (the latter which I collect from the recycle bin on Thursday nights from a neighbor's garbage.
LOL!

I got a 25 foot length of 5/16 rope and tied a real fat not at the one end and just strung the jugs onto the rope through the handle opening and dragged the "plastic jug choo choo train" up the basement stairs and out the front door. This is a whole lot easier and quicker than putting them in large plastic garbage bags and carrying them up the stairs. In fact, I dragged the "plastic jug choo choo train" half way down the block to show my neighbor friend who has an insulated garage that I did for him and all the creature comforts of home including a 27 inch TV set up to satellite, refrigerator, microwave and the whole nine yards. Well, he was sitting in his garage watching TV this morning at 08:30 when I dragged my choo choo train past his open garage (townhouse complex with garages out front of the townhouses), he looked at what I was doing and shook his head in disbelief. When I told him, "just when you thought you'd seen it all, I have yet another surprise for ya" Laughing Out Loud !

It's a good idea to use a cutting platform that has some significant weight to it, especially being bottom heavy, one way to do this is to use a plastic garbage can, put some heavy items in it, or even some of the water filled jugs, cut a relatively thin piece of plywood about 3/8, 1/2 inch thick to about an inch and a half wider than the outside diameter of the garbage can and duct tape it to the sides of the plastic can after it's been weighted down. If that's too low of a height you can set the garbage can on a platform made of wood, bricks, cinder blocks or other stable material as a means to adjust the height to your preferred setting. Then when your done, you just take the platform off the can (recycle can being the optimum selection) empty the can and put your cuttings in the can that you just used for your platform.

It's also a good idea to set up a large perimeter with "Caution" stripping as a means to keep people away from where you are conducting "business" LOL!

I thought I'd share these ideas with my sword and polearm myArmoury Forum Colleagues.

Well, I guess it's time to fill the jugs and have some fun!

Sir Robert Burns II

"The Knight of Madness"

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Jug Cutting Ideas
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic