Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Atlanta area sword gathering update Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jay Davis

PostPosted: Sun 08 Feb, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Atlanta area sword gathering update         Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have a 130 pound box of Tatami mats sitting in my living room!

The Cutting party is Saturday, Feb. 21st around noon, at my house in Carrollton, Georgia. Everybody is invited, sword or no sword!

I plan on cutting most of the tatami into half mats, which are more than a challenge for most. I will also have about 30 2 liter coke bottles. If anybody has milk jugs, we could definatley use some, as well as any other 2liter bottles or other cutting mediums that you have.

The tatami cost me 230 bucks (90 of that was shipping) so I will be asking for 3 bucks a half mat. I would also like everybody to bring 5 bucks to chip in for lunch. So 15$ would be plenty of cash for most folks. Of course, if you are running low on cash, 2 liters are free! As we will be swinging dangerous weapons around, I will ask everyone to sign a simple waiver of liability, so if you cut off your own toe, or twist your ankle walking up the steps on my porch, you won't sue me! If you are under 18 and plan on attending, please contact me ASAP!

I hope we have a nice crowd, Please email me at jaystorm@bellsouth.net for directions. Please put "sword gathering" or something similar so I know it isn't spam. Also please post here if you plan on coming so I can get an idea of how many folks are coming.

See you soon, Jay
Jay Davis

PostPosted: Thu 19 Feb, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I was worried it might rain, but luckily it's looking ok, and fairly warm!

I just got my cutting stands made, everything is ready to go!

Remember, if you have any questions, email me at jaystorm@bellsouth.net .

Look forward to seeing everybody!

Take Care, Jay

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Atlanta area sword gathering update
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic