Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Half-wire wrap on Albion Viceroy Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jeremiah Thompson

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jun, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Half-wire wrap on Albion Viceroy         Reply with quote

Has anyone ordered a Viceroy with the half-wire wrap? I already own a Viceroy without that option and I'm curious what it
looks like with it. Does it essentially look the same as on the Munich?

Thanks

"It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Jeremiah Thompson

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jun, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hmm, I wonder if nobody has one yet...
"It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jun, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've talked to Mike about the wire-wrapped grips, and they do include the rivets on the top and the bottom, so I suppose it'd look similar to the Munich. I don't know if that helps you at all.

And as a side-note I order a Mercenary with a half-wire grip and it's going to get here in October....can't wait! Big Grin
With that waiting time in mind (approximately 16 weeks), I'm not sure that the option has been available long enough for anyone to have a half-wire grip Albion other than the Munich.

www.addisondelisle.com
Peter Johnsson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 3

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jun, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

On the new/old swords avaliable with this half wore wrap option, the construction is basically the same as on the Munich. Domed tacks are used to fasten the wrap down at the ends and the wooden core is worked the same to be a good foundation for the wrap. The core needs to be worked down slightly compared to leather only, so the wrap does not become bulky (as it will build a little in volume).
Apart from this simming down of ythe core in the wrapped part of the grip, the cores are still the same as before.

To get an idea of the final effect, open a spearate window for the Munich with wore wrap and the Viceroy or any other and use the eye of your mind to visualize the change.

Peter
Michael Clark

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jun, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

And if that doesn't work, try photo shopping Happy

Jeremiah Thompson

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Peter, that answers my question.

Hehe... nice Photoshop work there Michael, Happy

Actually, a two-tone grip looks pretty sweet-- although I have to say, I totally love my Viceroy just the way it is! My only regret is that I have to keep it in storage with the rest of my collection until I complete my M.Div program because I live in on-campus housing and they don't allow weapons. One of my roomates is campus security and was nice enough to look the other way for a day or two while I got stuff into a storage shed. I sure hope nothing rusts, but it shouldn't in this climate. At least they don't consider my fencing saber, shinai or boken as weapons.

Congratulations Addison, hope you enjoy that Mercenary. Waiting for a new sword is like being a kid again on Christmas
Eve. Wink

- J.

Last edited by Jeremiah Thompson on Sun 24 Jun, 2007 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul Watson

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Would a faceted grip in cross section such as that on the Regent retain that feature or would it become more rounded in cross section like the grip on the Munich? I'm thinking of having mine re-gripped but only if t can retain the faceted grip cross section.
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, but that which it protects. (Faramir, The Two Towers)
Peter Johnsson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 3

PostPosted: Sun 24 Jun, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Paul Watson wrote:
Would a faceted grip in cross section such as that on the Regent retain that feature or would it become more rounded in cross section like the grip on the Munich? I'm thinking of having mine re-gripped but only if t can retain the faceted grip cross section.

It will still be facetted, but naturally the ridges will be a bit more rounded as a result of one extra layer. Not much though, as the twisted wire is thin.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Half-wire wrap on Albion Viceroy
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic