Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Introducing... The Knecht Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Blaz Berlec

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 4

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 31 May, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you. Imareal search engine really works wonders. If only my German was a bit better.

If you don't know what I'm talking about - "Institut für Realienkunde des Mittelalters und der frühen Neuzeit" has a wonderful search engine for looking objects in their database of images (frescoes, altarpieces...). It mostly covers Central European area (particulary Austria). Very useful, images could be a bit bigger, and database for non Austrian countries is not that extensive, but still the best tool for searching references I've ever seen.

http://www.imareal.oeaw.ac.at/realonline/

Sean, you mean this falchion / messer with scabbard and small quiver for crossbow bolts?

Extant 15th Century German Gothic Armour
Extant 15th century Milanese armour
Arming doublet of the 15th century
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Fri 01 Jun, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This sword makes me salivate and froth at the mouth Exclamation

Bob
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Thu 07 Jun, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

EDIT: Happy No Need anymore, get them 5 min after i posted this post, Thanks N.R Cool

Happy Just checking by, Howy!

Well!! I had a wision in a dream last night there i handle a knecht with an white grip Big Grin and it was so beautiful,
i know Albion just made them with that wood grip, but anyway is there any handy photo edit guy
who can give it a white or red grip on the photo, please and Thanks!

Hope i not are to O.T in this topic Howy! sorry! Big Grin

Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik
David Stokes

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jun, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I GOT to handle this one at BLADE show and WOW, what a nice handling peice! i bet it cuts great!
Joey Marmorato

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jun, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

David Stokes wrote:
I GOT to handle this one at BLADE show and WOW, what a nice handling peice! i bet it cuts great!

I enthusiastically second that. Although everything they have is gorgeous, the Knecht was an absolute joy to handle, even if only a for little while and in such a populated area. I really hope to own one some day.

ARMA Free Scholar
Study Group Coordinator
ARMA Atlanta
David Stokes

PostPosted: Sun 10 Jun, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joey Marmorato wrote:
David Stokes wrote:

I enthusiastically second that. Although everything they have is gorgeous, the Knecht was an absolute joy to handle, even if only a for little while and in such a populated area. I really hope to own one some day.

I do have to say that the single handed version was very nice too.... itd be a hard toss up as to which i prefered...
Robert B. Allison

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jul, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just wanted to post a short report on the Knecht. I had ordered one back in July or August of '05 and it finally arrived just last week. I have to say that it was well worth the wait. I was also appreciative of the fact that I ordered it when I did in light of a couple of significant price increases in the interim to which I was not subject.

This is an absolutely magnificent piece. I don't think that the pictures really do it justice. The blade is just amazing, and the balance/handling is something that I would have expected of a much shorter/lighter sword. I would imagine that is due partly to weight-saving profile of the blade coupled with the long and substantial grip. The grip panels are beautiful, mine were a modestly figured piece of (I think) Black Walnut. I have not tried cutting with it and am not sure I will, but for anyone interested in cutting activities, this one would be first-rate. Great job, Albion!!
Charlee Garvin

Reading list: 11 books

PostPosted: Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Introducing... The Knecht         Reply with quote

I'm 13th in line for a Knecht and am looking forward to martial arts practice and test cutting with it. I actually sent pictures of it to Shinkendo founder, Obata Toshishiro, a descendant of Samurai lineage to see what his thoughts of it were because of its katana-like qualities.

Charlee

Howard Waddell wrote:
Move over katana... t Arrow WTF?! here is a new, very mean kid in town for this Memorial Day Weekend...

I usually don't comment much on new models and prefer to leave that for customers who have handled them.

I feel compelled to make an exception in this case.

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Introducing... The Knecht
Page 3 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: