Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Is anyone looking for a cheap Scottish Baskethilt replica? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Carl Goff

Reading list: 1 book

PostPosted: Sat 12 May, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Is anyone looking for a cheap Scottish Baskethilt replica?         Reply with quote

Kult of Athena has one of Cold Steel's line in its dent and scratch section because the "scabbard is too tight." $180, which is a nice break compared to Kult's normal price of $245...and an even nicer break compared to Cold Steel's price of $390.

Mind you, I cannot speak from any experience or knowledge about Scottish basket hilts (no matter who the manufacturer is), so it's my hope that someone with experience with Cold Steel's particular version can tell interested folks whether it's worth spending the money. I just thought I'd pass the news of the bargain on...along with the fact that Cold Steel's site says the sword is 3 pounds, so it may well be a bit too heavy.

Oh, East of sands and sunlit gulf, your blood is thin, your gods are few;
You could not break the Northern wolf and now the wolf has turned on you.
The fires that light the coasts of Spain fling shadows on the Eastern strand.
Master, your slave has come again with torch and axe in his right hand!
-Robert E. Howard
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Sat 12 May, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Is anyone looking for a cheap Scottish Baskethilt replic         Reply with quote

Carl Goff wrote:
Kult of Athena has one of Cold Steel's line in its dent and scratch section because the "scabbard is too tight." $180, which is a nice break compared to Kult's normal price of $245...and an even nicer break compared to Cold Steel's price of $390.

Mind you, I cannot speak from any experience or knowledge about Scottish basket hilts (no matter who the manufacturer is), so it's my hope that someone with experience with Cold Steel's particular version can tell interested folks whether it's worth spending the money. I just thought I'd pass the news of the bargain on...along with the fact that Cold Steel's site says the sword is 3 pounds, so it may well be a bit too heavy.

That's a great price and very close to wholesale. It's not a bad sword and if I needed one I would get it. But I don't.

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Is anyone looking for a cheap Scottish Baskethilt replica?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic