myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Warhammer vs plate? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 12 Feb, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Age         Reply with quote

Hello Russ

I have known a few Duncans in may time, though I would guess not the one your thinking :-) As for how old I am, I usually have a hard time remebering myself. Hopefully I look younger than I am and I act wiser than I am.

You can still by port or scotch as old as I am but its pretty damn expensive :-)

Craig
Ciaran Flanagan

PostPosted: Fri 13 Feb, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just an additional note on the devestating power of a hammer spike (or axe-spike in this case)

When I got my A&AM gothic/horsemans axe I was testing its destructive capabilities. I put a phonebook on top of a old dishwasher out my back garden and gave itr a good smash. To my surprise the spike penetrated through all 3 inches or so of the phonebook and also put a hole through the top of he dishwasher, most likely mild steel. So nect I Tryed it on the side of a large oil drum. It went through the side and top with ease. Next was an inch thick piece of plywood, went through like butter. An old road sign, these are about a cm or so thick and very heavy, It went through this with a severe bash.

Anyway moral of the whole story is I cannot concieve of any armour that would withstand a well landed blow from one of these onjects. I would go so far as to say that anyone who would dispute that fact has never actually played with one, ever.

Ciaran

Ciaran

A wise man is someone who has travelled to heaven and hell and knows the difference.
Josh S.

PostPosted: Fri 20 Feb, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

^Aye. I have Cold Steel's warhammer, and easily managed to completely submerge the back spike into a tree's trunk. Then, feeling confident, I turned the thing around to the hammer side and gave the trunk a few good poundings -after I was done there were several centimeter-deep, square-shaped marks in the trunk(we had stripped the tree of bark). Even the hammer end was penetrating the wood(albeit shallowly).

I highly doubt a good, stout warhammer's back spike would be unable to penetrate plate armor. Basically, the back spike is a pick-axe -and those are used to break ROCKS.

"The accomplishment of man has been to remain fractured, by cause of which we are strong."
-Jerome Santus Perriere

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Warhammer vs plate?
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: