Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Silly/Juvenile Question Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 
Harry J. Fletcher

Reading list: 44 books

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Lift and drag ratios         Reply with quote

From what I have seen of dragons they tend to have large bodies and small wings which would indicate a possible lift versus drag ratio problem unless the dragon had enough thrust to overcome the inhferent drag presented by his nonareodynamic body shape. I would be quite careful of turing said dragon into a weapons platform so as not to increase the drag and cause the need for added thrust thus detracting from his airspeed which would restrict his ground attack capability. That being said if the pilot/dragon rider had to abandon the dragon then he would need some form of self protection so I would recommend a light sword of some sort for the pilot. I think the dragon's natural weapons i.e., fire, claws, teeth etc. and surprise attack from above are really all that is needed. I would be careful not to wear out the dragon until needed and make sure to feed him prime food to keep him at peak energy levels while excerising him regularly to keep him fit..

Regards,

Harry

To Study The Edge of History
R Ashby

PostPosted: Thu 30 Dec, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Lift and drag ratios         Reply with quote

Harry J. Fletcher wrote:
From what I have seen of dragons they tend to have large bodies and small wings which would indicate a possible lift versus drag ratio problem unless the dragon had enough thrust to overcome the inhferent drag presented by his nonareodynamic body shape. I would be quite careful of turing said dragon into a weapons platform so as not to increase the drag and cause the need for added thrust thus detracting from his airspeed which would restrict his ground attack capability. That being said if the pilot/dragon rider had to abandon the dragon then he would need some form of self protection so I would recommend a light sword of some sort for the pilot. I think the dragon's natural weapons i.e., fire, claws, teeth etc. and surprise attack from above are really all that is needed. I would be careful not to wear out the dragon until needed and make sure to feed him prime food to keep him at peak energy levels while excerising him regularly to keep him fit..

Regards,

Harry

I think you are right, but I also think my character needs a harpoon. How cool would that be?
Shahril Dzulkifli

PostPosted: Sun 02 Jan, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Silly/Juvenile Question         Reply with quote

I think I'll carry a Hastings Type X sword to battle even on a dragon Razz
“You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength”

- Marcus Aurelius

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Silly/Juvenile Question
Page 5 of 5 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: