Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Testing SCA Stikes on Tatami Mats and in Unrestricted Combat Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next 
Lafayette C Curtis

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Randall Pleasant wrote:
Lafayette C Curtis wrote:
But some forms of the Schielhau and Sturzhau are wraps!
I must strongly disagree! That a wrap might hit with the false edge (in actual practice it problem hits with the flat more often) or share some bio-mechanical similarity to a historica strike does not make it historical. If hitting with the false edge was the sole criterial of what a strike is then the Zwerchhau and the Schielhau would be the same cut, but they are not. The Wrap Shot is what it is...a non-historical creation of the SCA that is used to hit someone in the back of the head while standing nose-to-nose. I don't know of a single historical master that teaches one to stand nose-to-nose while attempting to hit the back of the head. The only historical strikes are those written about by the historical masters.

Christian Henry Tobler wrote:
It actually depends - there are different types of blows referred to by SCA members as 'wrap shots'. Certainly, the most commonly referred to one, which requires very close range, is a different beast than the Zwerchhau, Schielhau or Sturzhau.

I'd argue that a Schielhau or Zwerchhau isn't a wrap of any kind, as it doesn't 'curl around' the target, while the Sturzhau does look a bit like what some SCA people might consider a wrap.

Well, this wouldn't be the first time I'm proven wrong about something. Wink

Anyway, I called those the Sturzhau and Shcielhau "wraps" because they can wrap around things--I use both of them regularly to help wean beginners out of the bad habit of using a passive "St. George's guard" block against a vertical Oberhau. Of course, it's true that I wasn't using the same definition as an SCA wrap shot--I never joined the SCA myself and am not very familiar with their fighting techniques--so it's quite natural that my rather idiosyncratic use of the word "wrap" caused a great deal of terminological confusion.
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gavin Kisebach wrote:
Bill I simply must ask what the real penalty for getting hit in HES would be? As far as I know it's the same or less of a penalty than in the SCA, Sport fencing, or Tae Kwon Do. You get hit and you try again.

Only if you are training HES for the purpose of sparring rather than for learning a full art, in which case, you are doing a sport. Which is my whole point. Happy

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
Gavin Kisebach wrote:
Bill I simply must ask what the real penalty for getting hit in HES would be? As far as I know it's the same or less of a penalty than in the SCA, Sport fencing, or Tae Kwon Do. You get hit and you try again.

Only if you are training HES for the purpose of sparring rather than for learning a full art, in which case, you are doing a sport. Which is my whole point. Happy

There may be a common flaw I see in training is failure to remember the stakes if the fight was real and the swords where sharp: People go in too fast or take wild chances that they would never take if their lives where at stake.
( More applicable for bouting or duels than in cooperative practice/learning ).

Now, in training one obviously has to repeat techniques to learn them but a mental effort should be done to remember that each mistake would have been one's last one. Wink Big Grin

Not sure if I'm explaining this clearly but I'm suggesting that after each " bout " one takes a second to consider what just happened in context of what would have been the consequences.: The problem is that people rush into one bout after the other at a very fast pace and this maybe creates the habit of rushing without thinking. ( Hey, it's fun and it's play also )

In a real duel one would be much more prudent and choosy about when to attack and wouldn't be concerned about taking one's time until a viable opportunity to attack presented itself or creating the opportunity !?

The balance also between the inability to commit due to real fear versus rushing in blindly and quickly: Part of the training would be developing the skills and the confidence to see opportunities and the courage to act i.e. not frozen by fear like a deer in the headlights but be able to use the fear as an adrenaline boost !

Obviously, real fear doesn't factor in for us and we can't really train with the mindset of a real " Warrior " in training who would have to do this for real: The best though in attempting to learn the " art " is to at least try and imagine how fear would affect our decisions and how one would also need real courage to be able to function.

Anyway, I think that the attempt to keep the above front and center when judging one's progress is what distinguished a " Martial Arts " approach from a sports " I want to win bouts attitude ".

Just submitting the above as food for though but I am very far from being an authority here after only a year and a half of training under my belt, so don't hit me too hard. Wink Laughing Out Loud

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Thomas Jason

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: SCA fighting         Reply with quote

Marc Pengryffyn wrote:
For example, Bruce Lee founded Jeet Kune Do. He took as his sources the traditional martial arts in which he trained, modified by his own inspirations and experience, with additions from other sources- footwork from fencing, punches from boxing, etc. He worked these disparate elements into a coherent and consistent system. Is Jeet Kune Do a martial art? Many traditionalists at the time said no, because it wasn't part of a historical tradition. But all traditions begin somewhere. Usually, from the history we know, they start from someone doing exactly what Bruce Lee did. So how is that any less a martial art?

Please, please, please do not compare SCA combat to Jeet Kune Do. I practice JKD and it is 100% a street fighting art. The techniques in it are very deadly, and are all designed designed to incapacitate, cripple, maim or kill your opponent.

SCA combat is designed to be a safe and friendly sport, nothing more.

Bruce Lee hated the "sportification" of martial arts and would be very appaled at the thought of such a comparison.
Michael Edelson

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Is the SCA a martial art? What is a martial art?

Let's agree that a martial art is a fighting art intended to be used in earnest, either in war, duels or self defence, or an art that prepares you for such fighting.

Let's also divide the discussion into two aspects...armored fighting and unarmored fighting.

Armored
-----------

You have to ask yourself a basic quesiton...who knows more about armored combat, the SCA or Johanes Liechtenauer, Fiori di Liberi, Sigmund Ringeck, Hans Talhoffer, Paulus Kal, etc. etc. etc.?

I don't think anyone here would say "the SCA does". If they would, this discussion must end immediately for no good can ever come of it.

Taking for granted that the ancient masters knew more, we must ask ourselves why "bash him into submission" is not described as a technique for fighting in armor in a single period maual? There is in fact no shortage of techniques for fighting in armor described in treatises, and none of them say "hit him to break his bone or dent the articulation of his armor so he can't move".

Considering the fact that SCA style armor combat is not described in any treatise whatsoever, we can safely assume that SCA armored fighting has nothing in common with period combat and is therefore not a martial art.

Arguments can be made that fighting in mail is different than fighting in plate, and that there are no period manuals from the age of mail that describe armored combat. This is all true, and largely negates what I wrote above, for the despite the fact that the SCA fights largely in plate armor, they are supposed to be simulating combat in mail.

However, look the unarmored section to see why it still falls short as a martial art.

Unarmored
---------------

Rather than look directly at the SCA, let's instead look at fencing. Fencing is not a martial art, it is a sport. It is not a martial art because it does not prepare you to fight in earnest, and in fact does the opposite by all buy guaranteeing you would die in an earnest swordfight, as does the SCA. This is because the idea of fencing is to score first. So if I touch you, and then half a second later you touch me, I get the point. In SCA heavy combat, we can hit each other at the same time, but if I hit you harder, I win (if you admit it). Or more accurately, if I don't think you hit me hard enough, I don't have to count the blow.

In fecning, this means that the winning techniques, the ones that will stick and be passed down, will all be colored by the fact that they don't need to address the fact that you are being attacked, so long as they let you score first. In SCA heavy combat, the same principle applies, for slightly different reasons.

Why is that not a martial art?

The slightest contact by a razor sharp sword can put you down for good. Nor does it take much for such a sword to slice through several layers of clothing and lay open your flesh.

Therefore, every period fencing manual clearly instructs you to NEVER get hit with a sword. A martial art designed for fighting in earnest must address this as its first concern. EVERY hit with a sword can kill you, so you must NOT get hit. This does not mean being defensive (necessarily), it can mean attacking in such a way that protects you as you attack, or countering in such a way that neutralizes the threat of the sword. What it does not include, ever, is to hit no matter what, to be first to hit, or to hit harder at the expense of defense against the lethal threat of your opponent's weapon.

Double kills are rampant in not only SCA combat, but a lot of HES bouting. This is because people simply don't understand this. When someone swings a sword at you, you do NOT also swing a sword at him (unless that swing is a counter and neutralizes his attack)....your first priority is to make sure that the sword doesn't hit you.

In several german fechtbucher, it is stated that if you attack someone, then they must defend, and so you are safe. However, in modern day bouting, there is no such guarantee. Again, while this is much more common in SCA, it is also all too common in HES. For too many people, the response to being attacked is to attack back (not to counter, but to attack back, resulting in double kills). This has led to another all too common artifact of bouting...constant retreats. Since there is no safety in the attack, people tend to play measure games where they snipe from barely within measure, hoping to score, not willing to enter measure becuase they would get hit by someone who is not afraid of being struck with foam or wood or blunt steel.

So if this exists in both HES and SCA, why is HES a martial art and SCA is not?

Because in HES, this behavior is wrong. Someone who fights int his fashion is a bad fencer by HES standards. In the SCA and in fencing, it's okay, as long as you get the point.

That's the difference, and that's why neither fencing nor SCA heavy combat are a martial art. It is also the reason why "things that work" should never be allowed to polute (yes, polute) HES, because they work under completely unrealistic circumstances, and so long as those circumstances are in effect, nothing that "works" can ever be trusted.

That said, both fencing and SCA heavy combat are fine combat sports, and both can teach you things about fighting in earnest...timing, measure, etc., provided you understand the limitations of the sport. However, if you do not undrestand the distinction between a combat sport and a true martial art, you are, at best, a double kill waiting to happen.

New York Historical Fencing Association
www.newyorklongsword.com

Byakkokan Dojo
http://newyorkbattodo.com/
Christian Henry Tobler

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Mike,

Your post is on the mark regarding armoured combat where the judicial duel is concerned.

We do need to remember though that what survives in German manuscripts is intended for just that - and that they specifically say so: it's Kampffechten ("duel fighting"). We actually have little reason to believe that half-swording was a prominent feature of tournaments, or even battles: most 15th c. illustrations of armoured combat on the battlefield shows swords being swung with both hands on the grip.

Really, and I know you know this, the half-sword techniques are used for killing armoured men, something you might not want to do in most battles, given the ramifications regarding ransom and feud. And certainly, where the tournament is concerned, we hear of agreements to deliver "10 strokes of the sword" and the like.

None of which is to say that SCA fighting is some sort of touchstone for these scenarios. Given what we know of fechtschule contests, it seems that the same art was used, only constrained by rules appropriate to the venue.

All the best,

Christian

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Freelance Academy Press: Books on Western Martial Arts and Historical Swordsmanship

Author, In Saint George's Name: An Anthology of Medieval German Fighting Arts
Michael Edelson

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the clarification and yes, I am aware of the general facts of the matter though not as well versed on the particulars as I'd like. That's your job. Happy

The "10 blows of the sword" scenario is illustrative of a martial sport, which may seem to make it akin to SCA fighting. However, I'd bet the farm that the people engaging in such tournaments knew full well the difference between it and fighting in earnest to the death, and that was my point...

So long as you don't understand the difference between martial sports like fencing and SCA heavy combat and an actual martial art, then you cannot benefit from them in a martial sense.

www.newyorklongsword.com

Byakkokan Dojo
Christian Henry Tobler

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just so Mike.

The fechtschule example tells us how this likely happened. You *trained* the whole system, but then when you went to compete, certain things were disallowed.

We can extrapolate how the system might work on the field of battle too. You use essentially Blossfechten techniques against a fellow knight, battering him into submission while defensively preventing him from doing the same. If won't yield, and there is danger of your serious injury in the encounter, we likely would see the more injurious techniques come into play: thrusts to the eyes, groin, armpit, etc. that we find in the armoured dueling material.

As I alluded to earlier, the process of devising and training a lethal art and then adjusting it down as appropriate is a vastly different thing from devising something entirely for a relatively safe sporting context.

All the best,

Christian

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Freelance Academy Press: Books on Western Martial Arts and Historical Swordsmanship

Author, In Saint George's Name: An Anthology of Medieval German Fighting Arts
Bill Tsafa

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

In most SCA Tornaments a double kill is just that... a double kill. Both people walk out of the list. In others they are allowed to re-fight the match once. If it results in a double kill again then both people are out of the list. In practice you get to fight again, in tournament you are dead. Tournaments are usually double elimination. You lose two matches and you go home.

In the case where you have a person that losses a limb as he attacks the other person to gain a kill... well how do you fairly treat that? Can you put both people out of the list...? That is not fair because in a real life and death duel one might live. So this is not just an SCA issue but a tournament issue. WMA would have to deal with the same problem if they had formal tournaments.

The training that most people would get in the SCA from knights, and that I have gotten, is never give up anything. Their focus is defense. Stay alive and find (or create) the opportunity to make a clean kill. Most knights in the East Kingdom use heater shields. This is playing as defensively as possible at the cost of offense. To be more clear, when you use a large heater you give up some range or motion for the added defense. Your offense must be that much better to get around your own defense.

Back on topic now.... this topic is not about SCA rules. This topic explores the question of... can you take the skills that you learn in the SCA and apply them to a historic setting without any rules. Would SCA training be effective in such a setting and give you a fighting chance to live??? If that is the case then then SCA fighting is a martial art.. You can consider the ruleset and tournaments as a form of drilling if they can prepare a person for unrestricted combat.

No athlete/youth can fight tenaciously who has never received any blows: he must see his blood flow and hear his teeth crack... then he will be ready for battle.
Roger of Hoveden, 1174-1201
www.poconoshooting.com
www.poconogym.com
Chris Arrington

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Now, I don't claim to be as knowledgable as most here. Not even close. Happy But lets throw a gallon of gasoline on the fire here.

If your discussing the "age of plate" armored combat, as was mentioned earlier in this thread since there are no surviving treatises from the "age of mail", isn't any arguement of "my sword system is more real" from either side somewhat misleading?

During most of that period (yes there are always exceptions) If you were mounted, the Lance was the most common weapon. If you were a foot, the pike, the poleaxe or other polearms? Precisely because the sword was mostly ineffective in those cases.

Discussing fighting systems in plate armor with swords, is about as real as in a thousand years discussing the "Battle of Bagdad" and arguing over who's pistol techniques were superior and more lethal.

Just razzing you guys Happy
Allen W

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I made a comment earlier about sincerity, by which I meant that if you undertake any practice with an honest martial intent you can train effectively with just about anyone. You may loose to someone else's goofy rules and they may not be training a martial art at all. But of of course you can't single source or expect someone else's past time, fechtbuch, or dojo to actually train you. It is all ultimately a matter of intellectual honesty.
Allen W

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Vassilis, regarding tournament scenario, crippled=dead. For all intents and purposes a limb shot must be considered the same as fatal from the standpoint of martial effectiveness if are genuinely trying to derive martial arts value from such an enterprise.
Michael Edelson

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allen W wrote:
I made a comment earlier about sincerity, by which I meant that if you undertake any practice with an honest martial intent you can train effectively with just about anyone. You may loose to someone else's goofy rules and they may not be training a martial art at all. But of of course you can't single source or expect someone else's past time, fechtbuch, or dojo to actually train you. It is all ultimately a matter of intellectual honesty.

This is essentially correct, but here's the thing.

You have to understand the thing you're training for. You have to understand earnest combat. If you think earnest combat is jumping up and down and calling out "I'm a chicken", then all the intellectual honesty in the world won't help you.

Likewise, if you think that dropping to one knee and continuing to fight after being hit in the leg is a good simulation earnest combat, then no amount of training is going to make you an able combatant.

Intent is nothing without understanding. As we cannot engage in earnest sword combat, our only way to understand it is by reading and attempting to understand the fechtbucher, and making our training as true to that one supreme source of knowledge as we can. Intellectual honesty is key, but it's the chicken to the chicken soup. Try to cook it without water and you've got half burnt half raw chicken.

www.newyorklongsword.com

Byakkokan Dojo
Gavin Kisebach

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
You have to understand the thing you're training for. You have to understand earnest combat.

Am I misreading your statement, or are you implying that one can only gain understanding of earnest combat through fechtbucher? As far as I know everyone here has access to the same texts, so anyone can choose to apply those principles to thier studies to whatever dgree they see fit.

As far as grasping the nature of earnest combat, would an SCA practitioner who was a combat veteran have less understanding of earnest combat than one who had carefully and diligently studied fight manuals and historical accounts?

I think that all of this falls to the individual. An SCA practitioner may very well choose to make his training as realistic as he can. He han judge all blows to the leg to be deathblows. He can incorporate learning from fechtbucher. He can go into every fight with a certain mindset. I don't see why these things are not easily incorporated by anyone who so chooses.

I must disagree entirely with the premise of "one supreme source" of knowledge. Surely in thier day the writers of these texts were not unchallenged in thier beliefs; there was doubtless much debate over the valitidty of thier systems even if they were widely renowned. Why should we cannonize them now?

There are only two kinds of scholars; those who love ideas and those who hate them. ~ Emile Chartier
Michael Edelson

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gavin Kisebach wrote:
Am I misreading your statement, or are you implying that one can only gain understanding of earnest combat through fechtbucher?

No. You can also go fight someone to the death with a sword or other medieval melee weapon. Considering that option B is not practical, however, you must acquire that information from elsewhere, making it second hand. And when obtaining that information, you preferably obtain it from a first hand source. The only such source that I am aware of are the fechtbucher.

Do you know another?

Quote:
As far as I know everyone here has access to the same texts, so anyone can choose to apply those principles to thier studies to whatever dgree they see fit.

Of course. Provided they spend many long years and invest a lot of sweat equity attempting to undrstand these texts. Too many just read them once or twice, learn the guards and then go bout.

Quote:
As far as grasping the nature of earnest combat, would an SCA practitioner who was a combat veteran have less understanding of earnest combat than one who had carefully and diligently studied fight manuals and historical accounts?

It really depends on circumstances, but I'd say yes. I've taught combat veterans Liechtenauer's art and they didn't have any more of a grasp of medieval weapon combat than anyone else. Modern combat bears little resemblance to medieval combat.

Quote:
I think that all of this falls to the individual. An SCA practitioner may very well choose to make his training as realistic as he can. He han judge all blows to the leg to be deathblows. He can incorporate learning from fechtbucher. He can go into every fight with a certain mindset. I don't see why these things are not easily incorporated by anyone who so chooses.

Yes, but how would he know what was realistic and what was not? My own understanding is far from perfect, and I have spent almost two decades studying sword combat of various forms from either living traditions or historical sources like the fechtbucher.

One cannot simply decide to practice his art in earnest one day and then do so in the next. It is a long and difficult journey. That decision, however, is the first step. Realizing that you have to actually learn what earnest medieval combat was like before you can learn to practice it is the second step.

The point here is that studying a swordfighting sport does not impart that understanding, while studying a martial art does. So while an SCA combatant can indeed be a real martial artist (many, many are!), he did not get that way just by playing SCA combat.

Quote:
I must disagree entirely with the premise of "one supreme source" of knowledge. Surely in thier day the writers of these texts were not unchallenged in thier beliefs; there was doubtless much debate over the valitidty of thier systems even if they were widely renowned. Why should we cannonize them now?

Well, do you know a better first hand source for this information? I don't, but it would be wonderful if we had more than the fechtbucher to go on. Surely such a thing is not impossible, even in this day and age...underground swordfighting clubs must exist somewhere. I am not being sacrastic here...such a thing would indeed be a firsthand source of swordfighting knowledge with just as much validity as the fechbucher. Little else would be, however.

www.newyorklongsword.com

Byakkokan Dojo
Allen W

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

We don't know how many or which of the fechtbuch authors could really fight and which ones could just sell themselves through sport demos that were interpreted by their peers as simulated fighting. Those truly accomplished warriors that we know of didn't write manuals. This does not relieve the responsibility of our judgement. Personally Silver and Ringeck strike me as fighters. Dobringer and Talhoffer do not. Irrespective I trust my hand more than I trust ink and no martial artist can do otherwise.
Michael Edelson

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allen W wrote:
We don't know how many or which of the fechtbuch authors could really fight and which ones could just sell themselves through sport demos that were interpreted by their peers as simulated fighting. Those truly accomplished warriors that we know of didn't write manuals. This does not relieve the responsibility of our judgement. Personally Silver and Ringeck strike me as fighters. Dobringer and Talhoffer do not. Irrespective I trust my hand more than I trust ink and no martial artist can do otherwise.

You're essentially saying you know more than they did, or at least that you understand enough to pass judgment on which of them knew how to fight and which didn't. I just don't know what to say to that.

www.newyorklongsword.com

Byakkokan Dojo
Steven Reich

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Edelson wrote:
Allen W wrote:

You're essentially saying you know more than they did, or at least that you understand enough to pass judgment on which of them knew how to fight and which didn't. I just don't know what to say to that.

Mike, I'm with you. I have yet to see anyone who can demonstrate to me that he is so learned in any single system of western swordsmanship that he knows enough to dismiss any master or any of his works offhand. Personally, I find the opposite more likely to be true--men who were very accomplished swordsmen and teachers who were not very good at communicating their art in print (perhaps Saviolo falls into this category).

Steve

Founder of NoVA-Assalto, an affiliate of the HEMA Alliance
Marc Pengryffyn

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Edelson wrote:
Allen W wrote:

Here we see the age-old conflict between relying on received authority and relying on personal judgment. I don't think that argument can ever be resolved! Both have their weaknesses. How do we know received authority is reliable? How do we know our personal judgment isn't self-delusion?

There are many paths to the top of the mountain. And maybe the mountain-top isn't the only goal...

Marc
Michael Edelson

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Marc Pengryffyn wrote:
Here we see the age-old conflict between relying on received authority and relying on personal judgment. I don't think that argument can ever be resolved! Both have their weaknesses. How do we know received authority is reliable? How do we know our personal judgment isn't self-delusion?

There are many paths to the top of the mountain. And maybe the mountain-top isn't the only goal...

Marc

Not so. I would love to hear the personal judgment of anyone who has killed a bloke or two in a swordfight.

Otherwise, what personal judgment are you talking about? Wisdom gleaned from playfighting?

But lets look at what you said... "maybe the mountain top isn't the only goal". I agree completely. For some people, swordsmanship is an intellectual and physical journey of learning, struggle, pain and reward. For others, it is a fantasy, a game whose only purpose is escape from reality. And there's nothing wrong with that! These are both valid pursuits. I just wish people were honest with themselves, and with others.

www.newyorklongsword.com

Byakkokan Dojo

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Testing SCA Stikes on Tatami Mats and in Unrestricted Combat
Page 5 of 11 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: