Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > The Next NEXT Next Gens... and another contest... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next 
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
Introducing -- The Mercenary...

This very sword could be yours if you are the first caller to reach Mike...

Price: $550, choice of grip color as usual (the grip will have one riser in the center).

Best,

Howy

OUCH I want it! However, I won't have the cash for a week or two...I hope no one else wants it... Worried
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: wow!!         Reply with quote

damn you all at albion. just when i have the next sword all picked out you go and introduce these new ones. i said it before and ill say it again, your all evil!!!!.................. anyway whats the blade lenght on the mercenary Laughing Out Loud for $550 i might just have to do it. god help me!!!!...................................evil............................i'll be speaking to you mike.
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: wow!!         Reply with quote

Mike Capanelli wrote:
damn you all at albion. just when i have the next sword all picked out you go and introduce these new ones. i said it before and ill say it again, your all evil!!!!.................. anyway whats the blade lenght on the mercenary Laughing Out Loud for $550 i might just have to do it. god help me!!!!...................................evil............................i'll be speaking to you mike.

Big Grin 33.9". I really love being called evil! Something about it! Laughing Out Loud

Mike Sigman
Albion Swords
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm assuming that the Mercenary is the same length as the (Squire Line) 15th C Bastard, which is 42.25" (108 cm) long.

Kiddie sword actually. Don't buy it. People will make fun of you. Wink

Last edited by Anton de Vries on Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

Feedback score: 100%
(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: wow!!         Reply with quote

Michael Sigman wrote:
Big Grin 33.9". I really love being called evil! Something about it! Laughing Out Loud

Mike, maybe this is too early, but is the Mercenary going into full production soon?

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Eric McHugh
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: wow!!         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Michael Sigman wrote:

Mike, maybe this is too early, but is the Mercenary going into full production soon?

It is NOW in production Chad. You can probably order the one in the picture.

Find me on Facebook, or check out my blog. Contact me at eric@crownforge.net or ericmycue374@comcast.net if you want to talk about a commission or discuss an available piece.
Nate C.

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: wow!!         Reply with quote

Mike Capanelli wrote:

I totally agree (mostly). So many swords, so little time...

Mike, What's the normal lead time on these? How about scabbards?

Cheers,

Nate C.

Sapere Aude
"If you are going to kill the man, at least give him a decent salute." - A. Blansitt

If they ever come up with a Swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, then Jumping Off Something. --Jack Handy
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

With the next order that I receive for one it will be about 24 hours and your sword will be the one pictured on our site. Big Grin Otherwise probably about 3 weeks or so.
Mike Sigman
Albion Swords
Brian M

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Any updates to be had on the SoSM?

Brian M
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 12 Jan, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gary Grzybek wrote:
Peter Johnsson wrote:
Gary Grzybek wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
Gary Grzybek wrote:
With all due respect.....please don't change the guard on the German Bastard sword I !!!!!! Sad

I've seen several examples of this style in museums and it's what attracts me to them the most aside from the fluted pommels. The Next Gen line already has several examples of flattened guards so this type would be unique and very special Big Grin

Sorry, I can't hold back,

Peter,

With all due respect due...please don't listen to Gary!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Oh no...I've been met with ressistance Surprised Big Grin

Tonight I shall begin construction on my mind alteration ray. With any luck it's power will reach Sweden before it's too late Razz

Ah!
This is a siuation I really like!
Either way, I am bound to make one of you disappointed!
Mmmmm Cool

Peter, did I mention what a great artist and bladesmith you are?

Can I send you some scotch or wine?

No, it's not a bribe.......really I swear Laughing Out Loud

Not so confident in your mind alteration ray?

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jan, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Gary Grzybek wrote:
Peter Johnsson wrote:
Gary Grzybek wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
Gary Grzybek wrote:
With all due respect.....please don't change the guard on the German Bastard sword I !!!!!! Sad

I've seen several examples of this style in museums and it's what attracts me to them the most aside from the fluted pommels. The Next Gen line already has several examples of flattened guards so this type would be unique and very special Big Grin

Sorry, I can't hold back,

Peter,

With all due respect due...please don't listen to Gary!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Oh no...I've been met with ressistance Surprised Big Grin

Tonight I shall begin construction on my mind alteration ray. With any luck it's power will reach Sweden before it's too late Razz

Ah!
This is a siuation I really like!
Either way, I am bound to make one of you disappointed!
Mmmmm Cool

Peter, did I mention what a great artist and bladesmith you are?

Can I send you some scotch or wine?

No, it's not a bribe.......really I swear Laughing Out Loud

Not so confident in your mind alteration ray?

Finances have rendered me unable to build such an elaborate contraption but fear not, plan B is in affect Laughing Out Loud

Dr. Evil

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Allen W

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jan, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just want to second the motions for a rounder cross-section on the GBS guards and for a longer claymore, though I would be happy with a blade around thirty-nine or forty inches but pointed and with a ricasso. essentially, I want to see a longer gripped claymore but still within war-sword range on the blade.
Randal Graham
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jan, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You know, I can't help thinking that if you folks at Albion were to take one example of each of the pieces current and upcoming in the nextgen line, and the other lines as well, turn that front room into a display area, and get em all in there...damn, you'd embarrass just about any museum display in existance...
you beat me to naming a pair of longswords "talhoffer" and "fiore"...
snooze ya lose...
Cry hehehe

Cool lineup. The Roman stuff is intriguing, it'll be nice to see some high-end Roman repro finally, the stuff is highly under-appreciated I think, from the decades of being bombarded with the mediocre over-seas cheap crap. The spatha especially I think will be awesome additions. There's a connection between the spatha in it's various forms and Migration era stuff, as well as what came later, that i think is mostly un-noticed and undervalued.

Peter; did you still have and extra copy of the catalogue we discussed some time ago? If so I'd be interested in re-imbusing you for it and getting it shipped over here.

Nice stuff.

R.H.Graham
Swordsmith
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A sneak peek at the still unfinished next NextGen lineup -- most of the individual pages are not finished (text wise) but you will get an idea of prices, etc...

http://albion-swords.com/swords/albion/swords...tgen-b.htm

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Lloyd Clark

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howy,

You evil, evil man... Wink

I have to buy three new horses (and finish paying for one I already bought), some 14th century clothing, and more armour for my group - you just can't keep doing this to us poor, addicted people... (must have Squire, must have Talhoffer....)

Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
2000 World Jousting Champion
2004 World Jousting Bronze Medalist
Swordmaster
Super Proud Husband and Father!
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: AHHHHH!         Reply with quote

Oh man. Is that an S-guard on the Earl? If it is then I have to have one. I just can't resist this sword. Especially since it seems to be using the Regent Blade. Oh my god! Sign me up! Now I just have to put the money together.
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: AHHHHH!         Reply with quote

Jason Elrod wrote:
Oh man. Is that an S-guard on the Earl? If it is then I have to have one. I just can't resist this sword. Especially since it seems to be using the Regent Blade. Oh my god! Sign me up! Now I just have to put the money together.

Peter says there is just a slight "S" curve to it...

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: AHHHHH!         Reply with quote

Jason Elrod wrote:

Joe Fults will really love that one. Big Grin

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Gary Grzybek

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: AHHHHH!         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
Jason Elrod wrote:

Peter says there is just a slight "S" curve to it...

Best,

Howy

That was hard to tell from the drawing and to me it will make it even more attractive Big Grin

Gary Grzybek
ARMA Northern N.J.
www.armastudy.org
Jeremiah Swanger

PostPosted: Wed 26 Jan, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
A sneak peek at the still unfinished next NextGen lineup -- most of the individual pages are not finished (text wise) but you will get an idea of prices, etc...

http://albion-swords.com/swords/albion/swords...tgen-b.htm

Best,

Howy

Howy,

I think you guys lead the industry now for the number of swords of Type XV offered in your lineup-- and the Cut-&-Thrust guys like me couldn't be more pleased!

Excellent work on the new Constable and Mercenary. They are excellent variations of the unique aesthetic set forth by the Castellan-- they may be elegant, but there is no mistaking that they mean business!

"Rhaegar fought nobly.
Rhaegar fought valiantly.
Rhaegar fought honorably.
And Rhaegar died."

- G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > The Next NEXT Next Gens... and another contest...
Page 4 of 11 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: