Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Your last sword Reply to topic
This is a Spotlight Topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 73, 74, 75  Next 
Artis Aboltins

PostPosted: Sat 01 Nov, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here is latest addition to myArmoury: a sword based on Vendel period swords that is intended for use with my Valsgarde 8 kit in reenactments events untill I can get a sword made as exact replica of the one found on that grave. Sword was made for me by one of our local craftsman and we decided to forego exensive deccorations on this one as it is intended for heavy use in sparring.

Attachment: 65.17 KB
vendel_1.jpg

Attachment: 40.26 KB
vendel_3.jpg

Tony Peterson

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Sat 01 Nov, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very nice Artis, does the creator have a website? How much did this beauty cost?
Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas!

The time of heroes is dead: the christ god has killed it, leaving nothing but weeping martyrs and fear and shame.

If we die... it will be for GLORY, not gold.
Artis Aboltins

PostPosted: Sat 01 Nov, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As far as I am aware he does not have any websites, and, sadly, he has a certain alcohol-related problems... so I and one other member of our group was very glad to get our swords done before he entered the "problem period" again Sad Unfortunatelly, alcoholism is rather common problem among the artisians here. As for price - at the time I got it, (january this year) it was priced somewhere around 150 euro, I am certain that price would have gone up by now of course.
I am in process of making a scabbard for the blade right now (as for several other swords in my posession on fact).
Tony Peterson

PostPosted: Sat 01 Nov, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Artis Aboltins wrote:
As far as I am aware he does not have any websites, and, sadly, he has a certain alcohol-related problems... so I and one other member of our group was very glad to get our swords done before he entered the "problem period" again Sad Unfortunatelly, alcoholism is rather common problem among the artisians here. As for price - at the time I got it, (january this year) it was priced somewhere around 150 euro, I am certain that price would have gone up by now of course.
I am in process of making a scabbard for the blade right now (as for several other swords in my posession on fact).

People really do suffer for their art. Im sorry to hear that.
Price was very reasonable for such a great piece.

Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas!

The time of heroes is dead: the christ god has killed it, leaving nothing but weeping martyrs and fear and shame.

Tim May

PostPosted: Sat 01 Nov, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Artis, that really is phenomenal, though you opted against something highly embellished, it still screams class, and I expected the cost to be much, much more than that price. Wishing your friend all the best, when he is doing better he should really start a site!
Darrin Hughes

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Sat 01 Nov, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

S. Christiansen wrote:
Darrin Hughes wrote:
Not a sword but a couple of pics of the spear that I got from Paul a couple of days ago (before and after delivery). 9th/10th century Saxon style based on a find in Cambridgeshire.

Cheers,
Darrin.

I got a winged spear from Paul a while ago, and when I saw the pattern welded ones on the site, I actually regret not getting one of those instead. But still, I love mine, and who knows? I might as well just get another one in the future. Wink

Another nice spear. If you are interested in a pattern-welded spear-head have you looked at Hector Cole's stuff? He does a really good version of the Kempsford spear-head which Paul himself recommended to me.

http://www.hectorcoleironwork.com

Not trying to take business away from Paul, I've got another sword on order myself, but if you like pattern-welded and wrought iron spear-heads then Hector is worth checking out.

Cheers,
Darrin.
Tony Peterson

PostPosted: Sat 01 Nov, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Darrin Hughes wrote:
S. Christiansen wrote:
Darrin Hughes wrote:
Not a sword but a couple of pics of the spear that I got from Paul a couple of days ago (before and after delivery). 9th/10th century Saxon style based on a find in Cambridgeshire.

Cheers,
Darrin.

I got a winged spear from Paul a while ago, and when I saw the pattern welded ones on the site, I actually regret not getting one of those instead. But still, I love mine, and who knows? I might as well just get another one in the future. Wink

Another nice spear. If you are interested in a pattern-welded spear-head have you looked at Hector Cole's stuff? He does a really good version of the Kempsford spear-head which Paul himself recommended to me.

http://www.hectorcoleironwork.com

Not trying to take business away from Paul, I've got another sword on order myself, but if you like pattern-welded and wrought iron spear-heads then Hector is worth checking out.

Cheers,
Darrin.

Great link. Thanks Darrin. Have you purchased anything from him?

Darrin Hughes

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Sun 02 Nov, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello Tony. I don't own anything by Hector, but I spoke to him a while back, I've seen some examples of his work, and he was recommended to me by Tod and Paul Binns. Come the new year I shall definitely be looking to commission something.

Cheers,
D.
Paul Watson

PostPosted: Tue 04 Nov, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just became a member of the Sovereign owners club. What a little beauty!!!! Brown grip with bronze pommel. I will hopefully have some pictures up in the next day or two.
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, but that which it protects. (Faramir, The Two Towers)
Tony Peterson

PostPosted: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ok guys,

Finally... here is my latest Binns and a Custom Scabbard. I purchased this beauty from an Armour Archiver.. amazing custom piece with a lovely inlay. This has had a couple of masters... and Im the latest. The pics are not great as I need to find my camera... these are from my phones camera...

Blade length: 30 1/2"
Total length : 37 1/2"
Grip length : 4 3/4"

Attachment: 47.49 KB
sword1.jpg

Attachment: 125.95 KB
sword2.jpg

Tony Peterson

PostPosted: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

And one more. Better ones will follow in the future along with some more pics of other swords.

Attachment: 71.99 KB
[ Download ]

Ville Vinje

PostPosted: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tony Peterson wrote:
Ok guys,

Finally... here is my latest Binns and a Custom Scabbard. I purchased this beauty from an Armour Archiver.. amazing custom piece with a lovely inlay. This has had a couple of masters... and Im the latest. The pics are not great as I need to find my camera... these are from my phones camera...

Beautiful! I love Pauls stuff.

Let me know if she is ready for a new master. This is a blunt, right? How much does she weigh?

/Ville
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Paul Watson wrote:
I just became a member of the Sovereign owners club. What a little beauty!!!! Brown grip with bronze pommel. I will hopefully have some pictures up in the next day or two.

I ordered mine during the sale last month; I can't for it to get here in June when I'm done paying for it! Big Grin

I went for an oxblood grip and bronze pommel.

www.addisondelisle.com
Tony Peterson

PostPosted: Mon 10 Nov, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ville Vinje wrote:
Tony Peterson wrote:
Ok guys,

Beautiful! I love Pauls stuff.

Let me know if she is ready for a new master. This is a blunt, right? How much does she weigh?

/Ville

Yep... Shes a blunt! Happy Will weigh her when I get a chance and let you know. I think she has found her final master Wink

Jeremy Scott Steimel

PostPosted: Mon 10 Nov, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My tribute katana project is coming to a finish. Rick is doing a couple touch-ups and then is planning to take some higher-res pictures before sending it off, and once it's in hand I'll be sure to update my old project log post with plenty of better pics. Happy The menuki are a pattern sheet bar, but the flash hid their look. The tsuba also changed from the original one planned to be used.

Dum spiro, spero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paul Watson

PostPosted: Mon 10 Nov, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pictures of my new Sovereign and some pictures of the rest of my Albions. Of all of them, the Knight is still my favourite.

Attachment: 97.92 KB
sovereign 2.jpg

Attachment: 134.69 KB
collection hilts.jpg

Attachment: 125.7 KB
collection 1.jpg

Attachment: 135.55 KB
sovereign a.jpg

Attachment: 103.02 KB
sovereign 3.jpg

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, but that which it protects. (Faramir, The Two Towers)
Darren Tully

PostPosted: Wed 12 Nov, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I got a Hanwei Godfred sword I know it's historically inacurate and all but it's a nice piece of eye candy that handles well and is well capable of cutting without suffering any ill effects

Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Wed 12 Nov, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tony Peterson wrote:
Ok guys,

Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek!
thats jesse bailey's sword isnt it? i've played with that!! truely an awesome piece. if i had the money when he was selling it it wouldn't be yours Wink hehehe
Tony Peterson

PostPosted: Wed 12 Nov, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chuck Russell wrote:
Tony Peterson wrote:
Ok guys,

Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek!
thats jesse bailey's sword isnt it? i've played with that!! truely an awesome piece. if i had the money when he was selling it it wouldn't be yours Wink hehehe

Yes Indeed Chuck, it is! Happy I didnt really have the money to spare but it was such a nice custom piece I took the plunge... enjoy sword now... worry over finances later! Wink

Morgan Butler

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

1750 English Mourning Smallsword. Still in great shape!!!!!!!!

Attachment: 10.66 KB
1750MOURNINGSWORD2.jpg

Attachment: 6.25 KB
1750MOURNINGSWORD1.jpg

Attachment: 11.66 KB
1750MOURNINGSWORD3.jpg

Attachment: 20.55 KB
1750MOURNINGSWORD7.jpg

Attachment: 20.2 KB
1750MOURNINGSWORD8.jpg

inkothemgard!

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Your last sword
Page 23 of 75 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 73, 74, 75  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: