Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > eBay Finds Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 50, 51, 52  Next 
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John Wallace's "Scottish Swords & Dirks", 1st edition : 8347740326
David Caldwell's "Scottish Weapons & Fortifications" : 8349687297

And this seller has quite a few other interesting titles up for sale "
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZreadsrarebookshopQQhtZ-1

Mac

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Keith Larman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, is it okay to stump for one of your own auctions? Actually, I'm putting them up but not for myself. Just a favor for a family friend. However, if this is inappropriate, Nathan, Patrick, whomever feel free to delete this post. No worries on my end, I just thought some people here might be interested in these things. And ebay often hasn't been bidding some of this stuff up as high as it normally goes through regular channels. So they could be a good deal...

First is an antique cabaset (sp?). Very cool piece, in good shape, would be stunning cleaned up a bit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6577359759

The second is a set of two books -- Le Musee de L'Armee. One book printed 1917, the other 1927. Tons of plates showing the collection of the armour museum in Paris by order of General Niox. An incredible set -- I've had a blast just thumbing through these. The book with the later date has some pages that came out and were inserted into the back -- honestly after a few hours of trying I couldn't figure out where they went. The owner remembers it happening years ago and said she doesn't recall any pages being lost. My French blows wind ("bloway la gassay") Wink and I just couldn't figure it out. Anyway, it is a great set with fantastic info. Even better if you can read French. Wink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6577452159

They're both up at reasonable starting points with no reserves. If they go low, they go low. If they go high, a nice little old lady will have more cash for Christmas for her grandkids.

I was going to take a shot of the helmet on my daughter, but I resisted the urge. The inner leather strap thingie is still intact and I didn't want to risk damaging it.

I'm trying to get some stuff up and auctioned off because I managed to gouge the daylights out of my thumb on a sword and can't polish for a while. I've managed to finish up a few saya, do some other stuff, but I'm running out of things to do. So it's auction off stuff I've been meaning to auction off for a while. BTW, Mac, your sword is sharp... Wink Nasty beast...

Keith Larman
http://www.summerchild.com
Lloyd Clark

PostPosted: Wed 09 Nov, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chuck Russell wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/EXTREMELY-IMPORTANT-VIKING-SWORD-VESTIGES_W0QQitemZ6575885022QQcategoryZ1552QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
has anyone posted about this one?

I would be extremely wary as this seller has changed their identity 3 times THIS YEAR! Sounds like a scam artist to me.

Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
2000 World Jousting Champion
2004 World Jousting Bronze Medalist
Swordmaster
Super Proud Husband and Father!
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Wed 09 Nov, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Keith Larman wrote:
Well, is it okay to stump for one of your own auctions? Actually, I'm putting them up but not for myself. Just a favor for a family friend. However, if this is inappropriate, Nathan, Patrick, whomever feel free to delete this post. No worries on my end, I just thought some people here might be interested in these things. And ebay often hasn't been bidding some of this stuff up as high as it normally goes through regular channels. So they could be a good deal...

First is an antique cabaset (sp?). Very cool piece, in good shape, would be stunning cleaned up a bit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6577359759

The second is a set of two books -- Le Musee de L'Armee. One book printed 1917, the other 1927. Tons of plates showing the collection of the armour museum in Paris by order of General Niox. An incredible set -- I've had a blast just thumbing through these. The book with the later date has some pages that came out and were inserted into the back -- honestly after a few hours of trying I couldn't figure out where they went. The owner remembers it happening years ago and said she doesn't recall any pages being lost. My French blows wind ("bloway la gassay") Wink and I just couldn't figure it out. Anyway, it is a great set with fantastic info. Even better if you can read French. Wink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6577452159

They're both up at reasonable starting points with no reserves. If they go low, they go low. If they go high, a nice little old lady will have more cash for Christmas for her grandkids.

I was going to take a shot of the helmet on my daughter, but I resisted the urge. The inner leather strap thingie is still intact and I didn't want to risk damaging it.

I'm trying to get some stuff up and auctioned off because I managed to gouge the daylights out of my thumb on a sword and can't polish for a while. I've managed to finish up a few saya, do some other stuff, but I'm running out of things to do. So it's auction off stuff I've been meaning to auction off for a while. BTW, Mac, your sword is sharp... Wink Nasty beast...

Hey Keith, it's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like at least some of the plates are full color, is that correct?

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Keith Larman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 09 Nov, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:

Hey Keith, it's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like at least some of the plates are full color, is that correct?

There are a few, but only a few. Most are extremely detailed black and white.

Keith Larman
http://www.summerchild.com
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Wed 09 Nov, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Keith.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Tue 15 Nov, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mohawk Arms, Inc. is having a "live" ebay auction, Nov. 18th, of various military items !

Mac

17th Century Scottish Claymore sword
17th Century Scottish “Claymore”. The traditional broadsword of Scotland which was also used in North America and later adopted by the British in the mid 1700’s as their standard cavalry sword. Hand forged cut-out basket guard with two central panels bearing the “Cross of St. Andrew”. Domed “entwined rope” pommel cap. Round wood grip. 35 3/4” straight, 1 1/8” wide double edged blade with a Passau “running wolf”. (see “HIEB UND STICHWAFFEN” by Eduard Wagner – p.99 for a similar “Passau Wolf” dated at 1600). Sunken cartouche appears to be of a Gothic type cross with two horizontal arms. (similar to marks used by Christoph Stantler in Munich – 1575. See Wallace “EUROPEAN ARMS AND ARMOUR” – 1962). 2 1/2” fullers on borders near hilt and three 7 1/2” fullers in center. Some dark areas and age are evident – but blade retains its “spring”. Overall the basket guard is pitted but intact (see p.86 “Arms and Armor in Colonial America 1526-1783” by Harold Peterson for similar basket hilts which were excavated at Jamestown). Rare. Condition II-

Attachment: 3.55 KB
live auction baskethilt.jpg

'Gott Bewahr Die Oprechte Schotten'
XX ANDRIA XX FARARA XX
Mac's PictureTrail
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 07 Dec, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Suggested books. Excellent photos.

WHITE ARMS OF THE ROYAL ARMOURY
By Lena Nordstrom
English language

KATALOG DER LEIBRUSTKAMMER 2 VOLUME SET
Volume 1 (500 - 1530) Volume 2 (1530 - 1560)
German language

CIVIL WAR: A Royal Armouries Exhibition
Sponsored by The Times
English language

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Thomas McDonald
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A Victorian era two-hander ..... kinda looks like the A&A GBS.

In very good general condition. Of 19th Century manufacture. 4 1/4 pounds heavy. 53 1/4 inch overall length. No visible markings. Nice hilt bearing a pleasing age patina throughout with grip retaining all of its original wiring. 11 3/4 inch wide iron crossguard slightly loose with grip and blade. Very good 41 inch blade showing some areas of surface oxidation mixed with a smooth patina throughout. A very attractive and well constructed Victorian two-handers !

Mac

Attachment: 40.64 KB
twohandssword1.jpg

Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Several arms and armour books.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZeisenmetzger

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:

I'm bidding on each of this. Anybody putting bids on will be competing with me.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Sun 25 Dec, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Bill Grandy wrote:

I'm bidding on each of this. Anybody putting bids on will be competing with me.

You bidding on this too: http://cgi.ebay.com/Arms-book_W0QQitemZ659002...dZViewItem ? Just curious 'caus eI was reading the description o fthe item and particularly noted the caption "This book describes all sorts of swords, daggers, axes and poll arms from the huge collection in the Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin." My comment here might be totally unrelated but I find it quite amazing that those antiques managed to survive the Allied attacks on Berlin. Thank God for the small mercys, right?
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Wed 28 Dec, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice sword sticks
Lloyd Clark

PostPosted: Wed 28 Dec, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Undoubtedly the VERY worst item ever:

Jousting Lance/Sword

Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
Swordmaster
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 28 Dec, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lloyd Clark wrote:
Undoubtedly the VERY worst item ever:

Jousting Lance/Sword

Do not turn this topic into one that shows and makes fun of items.

Lloyd Clark

PostPosted: Fri 20 Jan, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Albion's 20th Annniversary Conan Atlantean
Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
Swordmaster
Laurie W
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jan, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6595310311

One of Kirby's plain Medieval daggers popped up and was spotted by a friend a few days ago.
Kirby made this back in the late 80s for a local and I see the seller got it at a local high school auction for a good cause. The final bidder got it for a "song".

Just like so many makers here have found eBay is one source to find something of theirs. So, one of Kirby's pieces occasionally finds it way to eBay. Friends will notify us if they spot one. Hard to tell how many have not been spotted, though. Such nice photos people take of items we did not before shipping. Either because we did not have a camera, no film or forgot.

Once in a great while I may find one while looking through eBay for that reason. Or for anything else of interest. Some nice antiques do make their way on eBay. Some mislabelled ones as well and fakes too.
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Arms & Armor Henry V         Reply with quote

I was sorely tempted on this one, but just don't have the funds to commit ->Arms & Armor Henry V
The seller had it listed earlier as $395 "buy-it-now", but that option is no longer available with this new listing.

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch

Last edited by Steve Grisetti on Wed 01 Feb, 2006 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: John Lundemo Medieval Sword         Reply with quote

And here is a very nice looking piece offered by John Lundemo.
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Arms & Armor Henry V         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
I was sorely tempted on this one, but just don't have the funds to commit ->Arms & Armor Henry V
The seller had it listed earlier as $395 "buy-it-now", but that option is no longer available with this new listing.

ACK! Don't outbid me! Happy

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > eBay Finds
Page 16 of 52 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 50, 51, 52  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: