Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Show Us Your Kits and Harnesses! Reply to topic
This is a Spotlight Topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next 
Ben van Koert

Reading list: 14 books

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jun, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Your first armour reminds me of one of my first rigs, Foster. It's a good start and well executed for a beginner rig.
It's not in this picture, but it shows my general line of interests and progress. I started doing serious research, saving and planning for my armour in 2007. It might help you and other beginners to show that not every suit of armour is assembled overnight. Happy

This is my 2013 upgrade:

Got an armet to go along with the armour, works fab! Kept the wrapper off in this session.
Foster Day

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jun, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Your kit is absolutely astounding ^_^ There are a bunch of very nice forum members who are helping me out right now to put together a higher quality kit of my own; Reece Nelson is one of them, and i'm very appreciative for his help. I know that it's going to be a fairly long time in the making, but i'm blessed with having a few really good re-enactment groups here in Canada that can push me to push myself.
That is a wonderful brigandine Big Grin who made it for you, and what is the exterior made from?

Function over fashion
Ian S LaSpina

Reading list: 5 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jun, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ben, that's really cool to see the evolution of your tastes and kit upgrades over time! The current iteration is gorgeous!
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest
"Monsters are dangerous, and just now Kings are dying like flies..."
Ben van Koert

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jun, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks! There are more photos of other variations of this kit on myArmoury if you want to see more. No need for me to clutter thread wtth redundant images. Happy

The brigandine is covered in black velvet and was made by White Rose Apparel. It has served me very well and I still use it occasionally.
Foster Day

PostPosted: Sun 14 Jul, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just got a new brigandine, and I think it looks lovely ^_^

Attachment: 173.57 KB
[ Download ]

Function over fashion
Matt Leiby

PostPosted: Mon 22 Jul, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here are a few of my 16/17th century impressions.

Attachment: 50.05 KB
loadercannon.jpg
Artillery crewman, I'm acting as loader for a Falconette.

Attachment: 231.96 KB
I'm on the right wearing the buff coat, breast and back with an Almaine Collar. The fellow on the left in the breast and back with maille is our Sargeant. [ Download ]

Attachment: 148.73 KB
Musketeer armed with a Snaphaunce Musket. [ Download ]
W. Scott Brown

PostPosted: Wed 24 Jul, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

James Anderson III wrote:
A couple photos from a living history event (my first) in October:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/316332_10151282539931341_870561020_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/430042_515283008483233_1345262827_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/284046_515293911815476_1663823872_n.jpg

(for some reason the img embed isn't working for me, sorry)[

So I'm sitting with my girlfriend browsing through these wonderful pics, and I get to the second one in this set. I said "That harness in the background looks familiar..." I pull up some other pics in my "armor pictures" folder and sure enough, it's Ian! My girlfriend was wowed that I could recognize his harness by just a background shot of one arm and half a leg Happy But the really ironic part is that while I could recognize the harness from 20 feet away, I couldn't recognize the owner if he was standing in front of me at the grocery store unless he was in his armor :P
Ian S LaSpina

Reading list: 5 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jul, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

W. Scott Brown wrote:

So I'm sitting with my girlfriend browsing through these wonderful pics, and I get to the second one in this set. I said "That harness in the background looks familiar..." I pull up some other pics in my "armor pictures" folder and sure enough, it's Ian! My girlfriend was wowed that I could recognize his harness by just a background shot of one arm and half a leg Happy But the really ironic part is that while I could recognize the harness from 20 feet away, I couldn't recognize the owner if he was standing in front of me at the grocery store unless he was in his armor :P

Haha, yes that's me. James and I are in the same group, The Order of the Marshal and attended that Living History event in the same encampment last year.

My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest
"Monsters are dangerous, and just now Kings are dying like flies..."
Foong Chen Hong

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jul, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Work in progress mid 13th-early 14th century templar.

I am very new at this so I lack a historical accurate helmet, gambeson, belt, chainmail and sword.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/971361_10200198080826427_578541715_n.jpg

Descanse En Paz
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jul, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Foong Chen Hong wrote:

I am very new at this so I lack a historical accurate helmet, gambeson, belt, chainmail and sword.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/971361_10200198080826427_578541715_n.jpg

Everyone has to start somewhere. I had problems when I started my templar kit, you just can't find if Templars are supposed to have red crosses on surcoats or not. But since they are pictured with smaller maltese red crosses on the left breast of their capes, I also put a small red cross on the left breast of the surcoat. It doesn't seem that they had such big red latin crosses on the front like you have. But it's not 100% sure.
Foong Chen Hong

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jul, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Luka Borscak wrote:
Foong Chen Hong wrote:

Everyone has to start somewhere. I had problems when I started my templar kit, you just can't find if Templars are supposed to have red crosses on surcoats or not. But since they are pictured with smaller maltese red crosses on the left breast of their capes, I also put a small red cross on the left breast of the surcoat. It doesn't seem that they had such big red latin crosses on the front like you have. But it's not 100% sure.

I am pretty sure historically, many variation of sizes, style and location of the cross are used. Since Templars are nearly spread across the country, they would have many different style. So I picked the one that is most comfortable to me beside this cross

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images...ed_svg.png

Descanse En Paz
Luka Borscak

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jul, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Foong Chen Hong wrote:
Luka Borscak wrote:
Foong Chen Hong wrote:

I am pretty sure historically, many variation of sizes, style and location of the cross are used. Since Templars are nearly spread across the country, they would have many different style. So I picked the one that is most comfortable to me beside this cross

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images...ed_svg.png

Well, they were all following one Rule, we don't know much about the crosses on Templar equipment, but I wouldn't be so sure they varied much...
Foong Chen Hong

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jul, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Luka Borscak wrote:

Well, they were all following one Rule, we don't know much about the crosses on Templar equipment, but I wouldn't be so sure they varied much...

History are vague, especially those that are 700-800 years ago. So we will have to fill the gap with little creative while staying in the history

Descanse En Paz
Gerald Fa.

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jul, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Raman A wrote:
Ben van Koert wrote:

I absolutely love this picture. Truly heroic.

Love it! Looks very Italian! Is that Italian Gothic?
Ben van Koert

PostPosted: Sun 04 Aug, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gerald Fa. wrote:
Raman A wrote:
Ben van Koert wrote:

Thank you. It's mostly Italian export for the Flemish market, based on an English brass effigy.
Here's a video I took of it in action last week, although with spaulders instead of pauldrons and with my new armet: http://youtu.be/Qpi_njVoIzE
Gerald Fa.

PostPosted: Mon 05 Aug, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ben van Koert wrote:
Gerald Fa. wrote:
Raman A wrote:
Ben van Koert wrote:

Thank you. It's mostly Italian export for the Flemish market, based on an English brass effigy.
Here's a video I took of it in action last week, although with spaulders instead of pauldrons and with my new armet: http://youtu.be/Qpi_njVoIzE

Man that is some good armor! Who made them for you?

Right now I am getting Parker to making me a German Gothic front & back Cuirass.
I will have it like just like this(I showed him this pic):

When he starts on the back, I want it to look just like this (I will show him the back plate very soon):

Made from 1055 Steel then heat treated. (but I wanted 4100 steel alloy)

The mild steel armors I have I want him to case harden them.

How do I put a pic I have to show the what I have?

Last edited by Gerald Fa. on Mon 05 Aug, 2013 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Goble

PostPosted: Mon 05 Aug, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ben van Koert wrote:
Gerald Fa. wrote:
Raman A wrote:
Ben van Koert wrote:

Ah, I didn't realise you were part of the joust team at Arundel! I was with the group doing the foot combat. Nice harness, and the jousting was superb!
S. Sebok

PostPosted: Wed 07 Aug, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here are some pics of my current kit, I am the one in the red and black with the heraldic knight kit. I worked rather hard on this kit and tailoring my maille, the sword I'm using is my friends Del Tin, which I don't have a proper high quality sword to use as of yet. It's supposed to be around the year 1300. I did not wear my chausses because it was really muddy at the ren faire due to the rain and I was lucky enough my hauberk did not rust or anything, just got a slightly black patina on it. My friend is doing a rus viking kit but now after seeing my kit he wants to do a 13th century one.
Brian Robson

PostPosted: Wed 07 Aug, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice!

What are your plans for the hands?
S. Sebok

PostPosted: Wed 07 Aug, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am not sure yet with the hands, I bought a pair of riveted maille gloves but they have yet to arrive. I might need a new gambeson because my current one has integrated mittens which originally I was planning on attaching maille mittens to my hauberk, but I am deciding against that due to the fact I want it more versatile, maybe i could just make some maille mittens and LACE them onto the hauberk instead, or just use the gloves I ordered, either way I might have to tuck the mittens into the gloves palms which they're size large so they should fit hopefully, if they dont I am getting a new gambeson without integrated mittens.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Show Us Your Kits and Harnesses!
Page 77 of 100 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: